• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Youth Golf club help?

modo22

Anyone have any experience in buying a starter set of clubs for the little ones? Looking at not spending a ton for 9/10 year old girls set. Not sure if they will pick it up and stay with it, so not wanting to get custom Callaway sets or anything.

Anyone have any experience in buying a starter set of clubs for the little ones? Looking at not spending a ton for 9/10 year old girls set. Not sure if they will pick it up and stay with it, so not wanting to get custom Callaway sets or anything.
Calloway and taylormade both sell some great youth sets that are not that expensive. Includes everything they would need. Let me look around online and I can post some links for you. Also if you have them in your state play it again sports is a great place to find used sets. Typically with these sets you can find them without hardly any use on them.

I'll second the Play it Again sports shop. Buy a used set and go from there. Getting one of the kids involved in your hobby, is always a smart idea, because it allows you to play more!

This actually looks like a really nice set for the price. Its been a while since i looked at youth sets and was a little shocked most are in the $500+ range or if they are less than $300 only include 4-5 clubs.

Cleveland Youth Set Link

This actually looks like a really nice set for the price. Its been a while since i looked at youth sets and was a little shocked most are in the $500+ range or if they are less than $300 only include 4-5 clubs.

Cleveland Youth Set Link
The medium and large include more clubs so just make sure to select the size. Medium is rated 6-9 and Large is 10+ so depending on her height either may work.

I actually have a LOT of experience with this because I just bought my 12 year old a new set of clubs. He is at the top of the height for Youth and the bottom of the scale for adult. I bought him a set of womens clubs because it still has the flex to give him height and distance. Callaway Strata clubs are AMAZING and great priced. https://www.callawaygolf.com/clubs/juniors/complete-sets/womens/compset-strata-plus-2019-womens-14-piece.html Paid $329 for them with with the bag, drivers, fairway wood, hybrid, irons and putter. He hits the ball 40+ yards further with all the low clubs and driver/Fairway/Hybrid. We had to wait a bit to get them ordered but was well worth it. I can send you pictures if you want (you and I both know we aren't talking about the clubs)

If your daughter isn't tall enough for that yet then the orange Cobra youth sets are perfect! Great pop off the clubs and good quality. Remember Black Friday is coming at Golf galaxy.

Take a look at Ebay or GolfWRX in their classifieds. You should be able to get something there.

One other quick thing, Womens clubs (at least around here) are harder to find on the used market) So they prices are high. I saw someone selling a used set of the ones I bought for $300 and it sold within minutes. They were 3 years old and well used..

My son has lost about 10 clubs of the two sets I’ve got him.
The same thing happened to me, it greatly reduced the number of golf balls that I lost on that day. However I chose to lose my clubs in a lake on about the third hole after losing 6 balls in a row. Seems like he's a golfer to me. Lost no more balls for the day but did get really drunk at the 19th hole waiting for my friends.