• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Zaya 12 year aged Guatemala Rum

vudu9

Zacapa 23 is my all time favorite rum. Anyone give Zaya a shot yet?

It's a little sweeter than Ron Z. You definately should try it. If I can't get Ron Z I try to get Zaya.

I've had some of it.... And i agree with Csarge... it's pretty sweet but really smooth.

I've had some of it.... And i agree with Csarge... it's pretty sweet but really smooth.
Agreed. Very smooth. Almost too smooth. Does this come in a higher proof? Also very sweet especially as compared to HC7 and Barbancourt.

Gotta get me some of that Zacapa 23.

Wilkey

It's really too sweet for me. Definitely stick with the 23 Ron Z. If you can't do that, you have to get some El Dorado. Their 25 is amazing.

RonZ definitely has a muskier palate compared to Zaya, and it's a bit more complex in flavor as well. I do keep a bottle of both on hand as they are both very good rums. Second the El Dorado recommendation as well. The Dorado 15 yr. is also very good and may be a bit easier to find at your local store. Also, if you can find it, HC Cuban Barrel Proof is probably the best I've had. Surprisingly smooth for its alcohol content. Profile is similar to Zaya, though a bit less sweet, but much smoother than the HC7 or RonZ.

Very smooth, but way too sweet for my tastes. I pretty much keep it stocked for company.

i really dig the RZ 23, and also think Zaya is a little too sweet. Montecristo is also very good, maybe my 2nd choice, 3rd is Santa Teresa 1796. Pamero and Diplomaticos are also two that i really like.

Zacapa 23 is my all time favorite rum. Anyone give Zaya a shot yet?

Zaya is my current favorite. :thumbs: I have found the Barbancort to be a bit sharper with more spice than sweetness. It really depends on the mood, but I find Zaya to be easier.

Just went to BevMo (http://www.bevmo.com) yesterday and picked up my usual Zaya. Excellent Rum, my favorite liquor actually. I've had HC7, and it has more of a bite, where as Zaya is extremely smooth. I drink it neat and on the rocks in the summer. Excellent with most any cigar. It runs anywhere from $24-$35. I can usually get it for $25/bottle. During the summer, a bottle only last a couple weeks. :D

Ah - Zaya - drinking some right now! Can't buy it in Ohio - I have a friend in Denver ship it to me! To me - it's a fuller taste than Zacapa, which I also like - but this is my fav.

My first experience with aged rum was when Draco, added a sampler into a trade deal we had. Now I have to order the stuff for my guests who drink it pretty fast. It is good and I like to have it around to compare with my single malts and agave's. :D :D

picked up a bottle of this tonight for the wife and I. yummy mojito time!

just made up a couple tangerine mojitos!

Happy new year! :thumbs:

The Zaya I had must have been a different year. It was sharp/bitter and not nearly as sweet/smooth as Zacapa. Another good one is Pyrat X0.

As luck would have it my sister will be returning from Guatemala next week. And she has prchased some duty free treats for me.

They still make the original woven basket shell for the Zacapa in Guatemala.. UNlike here where you only get a little woven are towards the bottom.

Definately check out the Zaya. As most have said it is sweeter than RZ23.But not as sweet as Pyrat x.o.

Was gifted a bottle from Chico, man I love it!

I've had Goslings Black Seal and I like this too...especially with coke!
But has anyone had Goslings Old Rum or Pampero Rum Aniversario, How do these compare?

i really dig the RZ 23, and also think Zaya is a little too sweet. Montecristo is also very good, maybe my 2nd choice, 3rd is Santa Teresa 1796. Pamero and Diplomaticos are also two that i really like.

I just got a bottle of the Santa Teresa 1796 and thought it was pretty good but Zacapa 23 is definitely my favorite aged rum. I've had the El Dorado 21 year old and it was good but not as good as the Zacapa IMO and RZ23 is $20-30 less. I have been wanting to try Zaya but last time I was in my local store they were sold out. I also want to try Pampero, Barbancourt 15, Flor De Cana, and Goslings Old Rum.