• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Zino Platinums

gatorsmg

Here Fishy, Fishy
I'm sure people have discussed this before but I don't recall.
What do you guys think of the Zino Platinums?
Do you think they're worth the crazy price?
Which one do you prefer?

I have one sitting in my humi, but I have already made up my mind that NO THEY ARE NOT WORTH THE CRAZY PRICE!

Generally considered overpriced and not that great but there are those that love them. I still haven't tried one myself.

My buddy bought some of the Zino's in the baggies. He said they were already V cut when he opened it. We're going to toast some in a week or so and I'll let ya know how it is.

I had a Zino Platinum Chubby a week ago with a cup of black coffee from Starbucks.
Nice little 40 minute smoke, even burn, good construction, had a hint of sweetness.
Got it from a trade so i don't know what the price on this one was but not a bad cigar imo.

A very attractive cigar, well made, pretty tasty but... definitely overpriced IMHO. If these sold for $6 - $8 each they would definitely be worth it.

Aloha,

Wade

http://www.zinoplatinum.com/

will let you know in a few days.
Have 2 of the Crown Series cigars:

Chubby Especial [from a trade]

Double Grande [as I had a sweet night of hold'em poker [note: you should not be able to spend $$ on cigars when you are drunk]]

they look to be great smokes,
but as our Mens Frisbee team has a tournament here this weekend [of which I am a member] and we also just placed high enough in sectionals that we are going to regionals [a/k/a we will be nationally ranked] and my B-day is tues., there will be good smoking this weekend!

will write a review on mon.
:thumbs:

wk-mang said:
A very attractive cigar, well made, pretty tasty but... definitely overpriced IMHO. If these sold for $6 - $8 each they would definitely be worth it.

Aloha,

Wade
Can't go wrong with what Wade has to say. Good solid cigar made by Davidoff... but very overpriced, unfortunately.

gatorsmg said:
I'm sure people have discussed this before but I don't recall.
What do you guys think of the Zino Platinums?
Do you think they're worth the crazy price?
Which one do you prefer?
I think they are a total waste of money. Smooth, mild, and rather boring, IMHO. Try a Montecristo (domestic) Platinum and you'll get the idea for less money (but those are way overpriced too).

I agree with Wade -- it'd be a nice stick for $5-6.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. I can't imagine that paying over $30 for these could be a good idea. Especially when nearly all of my favorite sticks are between $10 and $20. A few people at the shop have said they love them so I wanted some CP opinions. :thumbs:

For those of you that plan on smoking one soon let us know your thoughts.

I would not recommend the scepter series at all, which is the less expensive of the two lines. Very mild, similar to an entry-level avo (so similar that they taste like the same blend to me).

The crown series is quite good, IMO, very smooth with a sort of hidden strength to it. Kind of reminds me of an AVO 77, but a bit more mild. $30 price tag is all marketing... but I would probably pay $10 for these without too many qualms. If you like the higher-end AVO's and domestic Davidoff's, you'll like the Crowns OK.

- Oak

oak said:
The crown series is quite good, IMO, very smooth with a sort of hidden strength to it. Kind of reminds me of an AVO 77, but a bit more mild. $30 price tag is all marketing... but I would probably pay $10 for these without too many qualms. If you like the higher-end AVO's and domestic Davidoff's, you'll like the Crowns OK.

- Oak
I would agree with this assessment. The one thing I really found to be extraordinary, with the ones I have had, was how well constructed, slow burning and cool burning they smoked. The taste itself was different than what I usually enjoy, but they really were no bad smokes at all. I enjoyed them. The retail price is bit over the top, but most of that price is the packaging and the advertising. Whne I bought mine they were on a two for one deal. So, I bought a few three packs. That made the price a bit more understandable.

WoW I had a one on Tuesday. Found some in a shop at mandelay bay in vegas.
I loved it. It tasted great. It was an awesome mild smoke. Had it with a Volcano from rum jungle... man that bar is great.

I was not crazy about this cigar very mild and overpriced. It did seem to be put together well and had a nice feel, look to it.

I just had my first one.

I was pleasantly surprised. One of the few cigars I haev smoked that the flavor "built" while smoking it. The initial taste left much to be desired, but it evolved into quite a nice experience.

I have not had the pleasure of smoking on..though I was reading my CA which happened to give the Zino Platinum a high score.

I am not sure about the price or how it compares to say an Opus X...but my philosophy is to try as many types as possible that is why I am partial to purchasing single sticks. I probably could not swing a whole box...but I could outlay for a singe or two.

Rnccen

The shop I regular has them from $11-18, but then again the prices are usually pretty good there. And I've never seen them sold out of Opus yet. :p