Welcome New Members!
Please review our new member guide below, to learn more about our community and the many activities we offer. Once again, membership is 100% FREE, as this is a true community and not a business.
This guide will help ensure you get the most out of our community, and explains the many benefits we have to offer.
About Cigar Pass
Cigar Pass started in 2000 with a mission to become a friendly and safe online cigar community. Over the years, rules have been established to ensure the community remains safe. Please be sure to follow the rules…
Getting Started in the forum
Now that you’ve created your account, fill out your online forum profile. You can add whatever information you wish to include, such as types of cigars you enjoy, a bio, etc.
Once you’ve filled out your profile, head over to the Introduction Forum and post a quick intro.
Your free membership includes:
- Access to all cigar forums. We do not have any hidden forums at CP, what you see is exactly what everyone else see’s.
- Your own photo gallery. Here you can post as many pictures as you like. Please try to keep most of them cigar related in some way.
- Ability to post status updates.
- Personal Message system. This allows you to send private messages to other members without anyone else seeing.
- Friends system. Allows you to add members to your friends list.
- Your own profile where you can include as much information as you like.
Access to most of the features are available by clicking the arrow near your name at the top right of the forum. This is your control menu.
- Read as much as possible. With over a decade of cigar information, it’s always a good idea to search first as the question you have may have already been answered (sometimes numerous times).
- Always use proper grammar to the best of your ability.
- Treat others with respect.
- Familiarize yourself with the forum rules, cigar pass rules, and the buy/sell/trade rules.
- Don’t discuss sources on Cigar Pass. Sources are defined as company’s who sell Cuban cigars. Cuban cigars are illegal in the United States, so please don’t discuss ways of importing them.
- Don’t flame other members.
- Don’t discuss touchy subjects.
- Don’t get involved in heated threads. Simply report the thread using the report tool, and the administrator will handle the situation.
- Don’t get defensive if another members attempts to help you or point you in the right direction.
- Don’t bump old threads unnecessarily.
Don’t discuss Cuban sources
Once again, this point is so important that we’re mentioning it again. Don’t discuss Cuban cigar retailers. This rules is in place to help protect you.
We are self moderated
One thing that makes Cigar Pass unique is that we’re a self moderated community. That means you won’t find moderators here. Moderators tend to get ego’s over time, and then become more of a nuisance than anything else. Therefore, we ask that the community watches out for each other. Everyone has a role in helping to enforce our standards.
The most important thing is to have fun. We’re all here to enjoy the hobby of cigars, so let’s keep that in mind. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Cigar Pass or post your questions in the forum.