• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OFFICAL ELECTION DISCUSSION

The most divisive wartime election in our history with the worst showing of a wartime president ever. I don’t think bush can bring this country together and I’m not terribly optimistic that the next 4 years will be any improvement over the last 4 years.

One of Murphy’s laws: Just when you think things can’t get any worse, they do.

I had to laugh watching Dan Rather refuse to admit reality. I fell asleep in front of the tv around 3:00 a.m. Can anyone tell me if CBS EVER did admit that Kerry lost?

CNN hasn't yet.. As long as the 4 other states that are "too close" fall where they now stand (by 100,000 vote margains) Ohio's Provisional Ballots will become irrelavant.

By the way Bill, I haven't forgotten what you said about your BCS team changing. Do you need some Buckeye images for your future posts?? :D

South Dakota's Senate race was definitely the cherry on yesterday's sundae. Our main man Phil in PA can start lining up judge appointments to boot!! WOOT!!

coventrycat86 said:
I had to laugh watching Dan Rather refuse to admit reality. I fell asleep in front of the tv around 3:00 a.m. Can anyone tell me if CBS EVER did admit that Kerry lost?
I was just surprised to still see him on when I got up around 5 am. All the other news channels switched anchors.....poor Dan looked alittle rough. :p

sleepyjim said:
Dems are the biggest sore losers!

Jesus, dont they get it, America wants Reps., look at all the seats they lost.

4 more years!

BUSH

Jim
Don't the republicans get it, only 51% of America voted for them and the other 49% still count..

other1 said:
sleepyjim said:
Dems are the biggest sore losers!

Jesus, dont they get it, America wants Reps., look at all the seats they lost.

4 more years!

BUSH

Jim
Don't the republicans get it, only 51% of America voted for them and the other 49% still count..
ONLY 51 percent, ROFL. He won by over 5 million votes in the popular and he will win by a fairly large margin in the electoral count.If it werent for the extreme left wing news media Bush would have won by 20 percent, there are many people who voted for Skerry because of the skewed exit polls and the medias unrelenting attacks on the Bush administration.Like it was said above the dems are sore losers and it is apparent.Bush has been vindicated in his world view and his policiies, thank GOD.

Does that mean Clinton was a better President because he won his second term by over 8 million votes and 200+ electoral votes?

Yes, ONLY 51 percent. Are you suggesting that is some sort of overwhelming majority?

Bush 58,296,120 (51% total)

Kerry 54,778,889 (48% total)

Difference - 3,517,231 or approximately 3% of total voters.

I'm not arguing Bush didn't win, but I sure hope he keeps in mind that almost half of the country disagrees with the way he has been doing things and that their opinions still count even though he won.

My only comment... well two actually are:

1) Is anyone else in the South getting offended by the use of "culturally conservatives in the south" by the liberal media? I am not even from here, and I want to bitch-slap some of them.

2) Bush is our president for another 4 years, for one I am happy for it, for second people can get over it ;) The votes are in (and yes, still coming in) and the majority wins.

Laters,

Sam

other1 said:
Yes, ONLY 51 percent. Are you suggesting that is some sort of overwhelming majority?

I'm not arguing Bush didn't win, but I sure hope he keeps in mind that almost half of the country disagrees with the way he has been doing things and that their opinions still count even though he won.
No, I am gonna refrain from saying what I was going to say when I hit the QUOTE button :lookup:

Looks to me like 3,517,231 more people realize who the best man is, and I think Bush can consider that a good margin of VICTORY :thumbs:

Besides, when the rest of the votes come in, the lead will increase, I am sure of it. :D

Not only that Bush won, 11 states have passed the ban on gay marriages, even Oregon.

SamGuss said:
and the majority wins.
Finally......... which is about the only thing that makes me feel good about this election, thus far.

Now, concerning every vote being counted...... since we use the electoral college it is imperative that each and every legal vote is counted, no matter who is ahead. While I did not support either candidate whole-heartedly, I will admit I did not want Bush in the office again. But, that being said, a majority, thus far, voted his way and I can accept that. The next four years are going to be tough though. The checks and balances of the United States are going to be put to the ultimate test over this next term. Republican house, senate and the opportunity for conservatives judges to be seated in the Supreme Court have the chance to really undermine what this nation is all about. Not to mention the fact thta GWB and Cheney have nothing to lose, since neither will be running in 2008.

I am not a religious person, as witnessed in earlier threads here, but I am truely praying for this country now, more than ever.

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

You know TXMatt, it looks like you had something to say, but changed your mind?

I did the same thing, except I changed my mind before I actually posted mine :p

4 More Years!!!
YES
Virginia, there is a Santa

Hey, laugh all you want, just remember that when someone who you care about is oppressed for their views, you were happy that it was allowed to happen. I am not naive enough to think that the world is going to crumble or the United States will turn into a facist state, but I do believe that we are going to lose freedoms little by little and that our kid's kids are going to look back at 2000-2008 and see that the ball began to roll at that point. There has to be a move towards the middle. The partisanship that has encompassed the United States is not good for anyone, liberal or conservative. Everyone can have their parties and feel good about themselves because their guy won, but this is not a football game. This is our future and our kid's futures. I personally believe that George Bush is a good person and feel the same about Dick Cheney. They are not evil re-incarnated. But, they are both very firm in what THEY believe and the president bases a lot of his beliefs on his religion and not for the good of the ENTIRE country. I am glad it's over and I look forward to the next four years. I hope the president sees the need to move toward the American people and not just toward the way the wind is blowing across his nuts on a particular morning.

PuroBrat said:
4 More Years!!!
YES
Virginia, there is a Santa
Now I see why you voted for Bush..... you still believe in Santa Claus. :p :thumbs:

Finally, the Kerry campaign just said he'll concede at around 1 today, good move. Now, let's get on with the real issues, great taste, or less filling. :D :D

other1 said:

Yes I am saying it was an overwhelming majority considering the relentless attacks of the left wing media, if not for them Bush would have won by 20 percent IMO.
Bush will do what he thinks is right no matter what his opposition thinks, which is what he is supposed to do. This is a very big defeat of the liberals in this country and rightly so they are a minority no matter what numbers you try to quote. How many senate seats did you guys pick up? House seats?? It is a mandate like it or not.

PuroBrat said:
other1 said:

No, I am gonna refrain from saying what I was going to say when I hit the QUOTE button :lookup:

Looks to me like 3,517,231 more people realize who the best man is, and I think Bush can consider that a good margin of VICTORY :thumbs:

Besides, when the rest of the votes come in, the lead will increase, I am sure of it. :D
How can you possibly disagree with what I'm saying? I'm just stating facts. about 55 million Americans wanted Bush out of the job. This is a fact. Did Bush win, yes, of course, I'm not arguing that. How can you argue my point?