• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The blind taste test thread

Just a little quote from his rules:

"4) Please, please review the sticks in a timely manner. If you think that you won't be able to smoke, much less give careful thought to, two sticks in two weeks, don't put your name down."

Lumpy, i applaud you for your generosity and am on your side....Afterall, you did state that in order to participate that the cigars MUST be smoked within a timely manner...i would consider 3-4 weeks MORE than adequate to smoke 2 measly cigars.

You guys that are bringing up past issues need to move along...if you held a grudge against everyone who pissed you off at one time or another, you'd be a really lonely person. :whistling:

He may come off as a little brash, but take it with a grain of salt...after all, its just an internet discussion board.

Jeffroo, it ain't gonna happen. But thanks for your opinion just the same.

Jeffro600 said:
Just a little quote from his rules:

"4) Please, please review the sticks in a timely manner. If you think that you won't be able to smoke, much less give careful thought to, two sticks in two weeks, don't put your name down."

Lumpy, i applaud you for your generosity and am on your side....Afterall, you did state that in order to participate that the cigars MUST be smoked within a timely manner...i would consider 3-4 weeks MORE than adequate to smoke 2 measly cigars. 

You guys that are bringing up past issues need to move along...if you held a grudge against everyone who pissed you off at one time or another, you'd be a really lonely person.  :whistling:

He may come off as a little brash, but take it with a grain of salt...after all, its just an internet discussion board.
[snapback]226619[/snapback]​

I did not bring up past issues. I held no grudge against Lumberg. I told him so in a pm. I held up my end of the bargin. I also told Lumberg to send me the cigars and I would give cletus his and I did just that. I realized it was costing him money to do the Blind Taste Test and I thought I would save him a dollar or two.

In Lumberg's pm to me about the matter he said he should have used the word presumably instead of supposidly. I do not see that much difference in those words. He also stated he ment to lay responsibility on cletus not me. Changing the wording as such would not have done that. Substitute wording and see for yourself.

As far as the public apology goes..I'm ok with that. I will state I am DONE with Lumberg. In a public board one is a member of a community. One must think before posting. He is either not thinking or he is attempting to cause contraversy.

Jeffro600...You have not been here long enough to pass judgement on anything. Research a little before you post on a contraversial subject. Past issues do play a factor in issues of credibility.

edited for spelling

I did not bring up past issues.

Jeffro600...You have not been here long enough to pass judgement on anything. Research a little before you post on a contraversial subject. Past issues do play a factor in issues of credibility.

Wait a second here...first you say that your not bringing up past issues...now your saying that they DO play a factor. Which is it? Your distaste for Lumberg has obviously been passed along from a "past issue" so how exactly are you not dragging it into this?

How long ive been a "registered" member here is TOTALLY irrelivent. Ive lurked around long enough to see you two squabble in the past so dont feed me a line of bull about not knowing what im talking about.

In Lumberg's pm to me about the matter he said he should have used the word presumably instead of supposidly. I do not see that much difference in those words. He also stated he ment to lay responsibility on cletus not me. Changing the wording as such would have done that. Substitute wording and see for yourself.

You said it yourself that you dont see much of a difference in the two words however, they can and will point blame at totally different parties. Its an honest mistake that anyone here could have made. Water off a ducks back...get over it and move on! :p

P.S...

Im not condoning what he did or did not say in the past. I just think its a little rediculous to hold it to someone so highly when this is a "community" forum where feathers will get ruffled from time to time.

When I searched this thread for usernames I just plain missed jcpyro's review, or got confused (I am at home and my spreadsheet is at work)

Anyway jcpyro has been in touch, and I apologize for calling him out wrongly.

Lum, I PM u last week and explained why I haven't burned them.
Just changed jobs and working longer hours, passing out about 830.
Sorry thats it's taking a while and that you forgot that I spoke to you.
Will get on the ball this weekend.
Cigarsarge gave me the smokes on time, Blame falls on me.
I signed up, then changed jobs, haven't burn in awhile.

Lumberg said:
When I searched this thread for usernames I just plain missed jcpyro's review, or got confused (I am at home and my spreadsheet is at work)

Anyway jcpyro has been in touch, and I apologize for calling him out wrongly.
[snapback]226799[/snapback]​

Thanks for the apology and kind words concerning the family situation that has kept me from getting this review out. :)

Anyway onto the review

Review of #41

Looks to be about 6in, 50 ring. Light brown with green hues Torpedo

Construction / Appearance: A very veiny and lumpy wrapper. Other than veins no hard spots indicating a tight roll. Aesthetically this cigar is ugly. I give it 3 out of 10

Taste: A quick snip produced a very smooth draw. Pre-light draw and smell was very grassy. For the about first third there was a very strong acidic taste and no flavor. As i got more to the middle of the cigar the acidic taste mellowed out and left a pleasant earthy flavor still one dimensional. This continued for the rest of the cigar. To me this was a mild cigar and if possible given a little resting time to mellow out the acidity, would make a decent breakfast smoke. I won't go out of my way, but i may pick up two to test this theory. I give this cigar a 4 out of 10.

Burn: This is the one area this cigar did well in. Lighting this cigar was a breeze. Peppered ash that held on for about two inches, and never needed a correction. Each draw produced a good amount of smoke and never got hot. Surprisingly I give it 7 out of 10.

Conclusion: It wasn’t a bad smoke just not an good one. Other than testing my theory i probably would not pick one of these up for my rotations. Overall I give it a 4 out of 10.

Total: 18 out of 40.

Jeffro600 said:
...after all, its just an internet discussion board.
[snapback]226619[/snapback]​

Jeffro,

I happen to resent this comment. CP is based around integrity and honesty, and is not "just another internet discussion board". If you've been around long enough you'd understand, and see how the general membership here is different than at most other sites.

Cletus,

Thanks for the update, and glad to see everything is working out...

Regards,
Rod

LOL @ the last 10-20 posts! If I'd known this was going down, I woulda smoked sooner! :sign:

Lum, I've been switching from the humidor to a cooler, and just wanted to make sure they were nice and settled before reviewing.

First off is looks:

Size: Corona Gorda, i believe, could be a little wrong, maybe 858 size?

Wrapper: Candela, soft on some spots, while "paper-bag-ish" on somes. Seemed to be nicely rolled with a triple cap (don't quote me on the triple cap, I can't remeber) but not a bad looking cigar, being that it was green.

I used a punch (not normally the weapon of choice, but neither is a green cigar) draw seemed fine. Not too tight and not very loose at all. draw was good.

I started the cigar with a very even lighting, and notice it stayed about the same until the 3/4 mark, then it tunneled. Gotta give the burn a fair.

The ash, dark and grey. No white. Firm though, and this also points out the good construction.

The tastes varied, I did notice a sweetness I'm not used to, wasn't bad at all. I'm interested in finding out what this cigar is, becuase I've got an idea of what it is, maybe I'm right.

I give this cigar a B or on the number scale an 86. It's not a bad cigar to change things up a bit, but it's not one you want to nub.

:thumbs:

Review of number 34 will be posted either tonight or most likely tommorrow.

Jeffro, making friends quickly around here I see. You should stay out of things that you don't understand...jmho

Lumpy, apologize all you want, you're still done. Your feeble attempt to buy a few new guys by sending out some smokes to review is minimal at best....

Most of us here who know what's what know you're a loser. Heck, you've proved it time and time again! Examples being sending rockets to members then taking offense when you were asked about it, etc.

STFU

Review of Cigar #54

Size: 6 7/8 x 48

This cigar had a medium-brown wrapper and was well constructed. No real noticable seams or veins. The draw was just about perfect; almost smoked itself. The burn was wonderful, it required no corrections and had a firm, white ash.

While the construction deserved a definate A; that is about all I can say that is positive about the cigar.

First, it was very very young. Terrible chemical tastes to it. I was hoping that they would subside after the first inch or so, but they never did and it made the cigar difficult to continue with.

What flavors that did come throught were bland and undistinguished. Maybe some cedar or other light woods. It never changed or developed into anything more than a straightforward smoke.

Overall I give the cigar a 4.5 out of 10. I think that if it aged a bit and lost the chemical taste it could improve to a 6 or so; but very hard to tell.

Given this, I can make some guesses about it. I am thinking that it had a Cameroon wrapper. I would say that the filler was not Nic. or South American.

Beyond that, just speculation as to what it is.

Thanks for the sample!

Patrick

new identity revealed thanks to LC_Smoker (this one has stumped a few people)

Jeffro... I know you have been here for ages and ages but you must have missed the MANY times lumpy has showed his A$$ around here. His last venture into the pos zone was when he couldn't seem to care that soldiers in the armed forces were dying or something like that. As a matter of course he started this latest "blind taste test" slight of hand to do damage control on his already crappy reputation. It's damage control going on here and nothing more.

You may want to consider not calling out guys like sarge who are well thought of around here. He may be too polite to hand you your A$$ but I certainly have no such qualms.

lumpy is a whackjob, like it or don't.
Another identity revealed.

NA

cletus said:
[snapback]226807[/snapback]​

Clint is being modest. He also failed to mention that he had a sinus infection for over a week. Hard to smoke when you can't taste it. I can vouch fo Sarge, he did give the smokes on time.

Brian

Yep.....

The thing that ole Lumpy just can't fathom is this.....He has no clout here. He's impulsive and runs off at the mouth, inserting his feet more often than not.

He tries to show he's in control by pulling these petty acts of trickery like this rocket taste test.

His rep is in the pisser, he knows it.....

Like I said before, antifreeze boy.....you're done here. ;)

tdog said:
cletus said:
[snapback]226807[/snapback]​

Clint is being modest. He also failed to mention that he had a sinus infection for over a week. Hard to smoke when you can't taste it. I can vouch fo Sarge, he did give the smokes on time.

Brian
[snapback]227767[/snapback]​

I guess he got it from cigardawg. I happen to have a cold right now, too, and am missing my hobby as well.

Get better, cletus.