• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The real Jon Caputo and Daniel Lopez

Rod thanks for clarifying who it is that is not above board.

My password has been changed on Cigarlive, so I can no longer get on to post or read certain threads.

Daniel is less than honest and Jon is all about the dollar. We will see how this plays out.

Rod as always my thanks to you for having this community available to us and good luck going forward :thumbs:

As has been, and will continue to be, said over and over - thank you Rod for sticking with your principles. This place is home for many of us, and that's because of you.

Besides, his offer of $50,000? Tells me he hasn't done his homework. If he had offered you a Shelby... :sign:

Thanks for the insight Rod. Sorry you have/had to put up with all that crap! :(

Good on you Rod! Those guys can go to hell.

As a new member it's good to know I made the right decision to join this community.

Thank you Rod for being a stand up guy.

Frank

Sir I have never formally met you. Though I enjoy your site and am very grateful to be apart of it.

I am obviously still pretty new here, but I would like to introduce myself by saying thank you to you for being a straight shooter and a man of morals.

Actions not words make the man, and you have proven yor great wealth.

Thanks again for having me.

I bid $1!

;)

Oh yea...after I asked, on CL, "Why was cigarswag.com's denied access?"...my password was then changed as well.

Here's a note I sent to them:

Hello Jon,

I am (was) a member on Cigarlive.com. Although I was more interested in
viewing the items the board had to offer, I recently asked a question
about the transition. Upon doing so, I lost my login - the password was
changed.

I have since found out that this is common practice.

As an IT professional myself, I find this alarming. No reason was given,
not rule was broken, no response from any admins. I'm very displeased with
how this was handled. It seems you've acquired some fireballs!

On a nother note, I would look at the amount of membership potential you
are being shown. How many 'passwords' have been disabled? I'll bet your
numbers for user who are 'able' to get online to your site will be skewed.

Best of luck with the transition and regards,

Gary xxxxxxxx

----------------------------

To date, I have not received a response.

Sounds like someone does not want a free site to compete with the upcoming $ubscription based network and is having a little tantrum.

Thanks for sticking to your guns Rod. Looks like CP will soon be the shining beacon of light for cigar lovers everywhere.

*Sigh*

It's a damned shame when "grown-up, businessmen" have to slander individuals. Just because he was unsuccessful at an attempt to throw money at someone, and Rod had the integrity to decline...doesn't give him the right to go bitching all over the place. Mr. Caputo, seriously, grow the fuck up and get over it...not everyone will be as low as to succumb because you have thrown money at them.

You can't buy or purchase a community, there is no price that can be met. Rod, thanks again for bringing out the truth, and posting what is considered rather private information. The community, as well as myself appreciate knowing and reading the facts.

Sounds like someone does not want a free site to compete with the upcoming $ubscription based network and is having a little tantrum.

Thanks for sticking to your guns Rod. Looks like CP will soon be the shining beacon of light for cigar lovers everywhere.

It's funny you say that....because I was a member of some IT sites that were free...now that they are subscription sites...I don't go to them.

As for this new venture.
What are they telling their 'advertisers' regarding the user numbers and how they are handling the 'hit count'?

We know of at least 3 people who's ID's are still active, yet they can no longer log in.
What the marketing teams of the manufacturers would think!?

Rod, thanks for being honest and putting all the cards on the table.. That's something you will never see from CL..

Things like these are the primary reason why I left the dictatorship of CL, it simply just never felt like a community to me.. The tagline over there should be "If you don't like it, shut up or you're banned!" and it's been that way long before the sellout..

CL is currently sliding faster than our stock market and IMO Jon would have had a better investment there.. I can’t fault Daniel for selling out for the money, but don't act like your still fighting for the side of the users over there, we all know you're chasing that leprechaun Jon to get the pot of gold.. So do your damage control and try to save face in the wake of a sellout, but just don't expect all your users to drink the kool-aid too and don’t point fingers at an owner turning your business partner down..

To now learn how Daniel steals code and traffic is a new low for CL, but the sad part is it didn't surprise me.. Daniel is lucky, if I was Rod you would have heard from my attorney over the stunts he pulled.. I'd bet against the success of CL and the Jon project right now..

Thanks again Rod.
Can't even imagine, what it would be like with John the turd at the helm?

Thanks Rod for being so open and putting this all out there for us to see on our own. As I said before, CP is where I am made to feel "at home" and I'm glad that CP will remain the community it has always been. Caputo's actions are disgraceful and I can't imagine he will have too much success in his new venture.

Rod,

This may be kind of out there but, have you invited Mr. Caputo and Mr. Lopez to come over to Cigar Pass and futher explain their position? I, for one, would welcome the chance to here from them where they are getting there facts and what they are basing their comments on.

Just one guy thinking out loud.

Tim

CigarLive is a fundamentally dishonestly ran site. Its sole objective from the very outset was to create profit for Daniel Lopez. The scrambling of p/w is, and has been, a common practice there.

Thanks Rod for not selling out. It says alot about you as a person that you would put this community above the dollars.

Obviously Jon is frustrated that he was unable to purchase your site. I also believe he's finding out that his investment in the other sites may not have been as wise as he thought. None of which are reasons to bad mouth you.

Your integrity speaks for itself, and you should not pay attention to anyone that calls it into question.

Pretty sad if you ask me, way to stand up to the Rod.

He only offered you $50K?. mother fugger! You want to buy a person's soul, there is no price.

Rod, I'm not sure why you wanted to share that. You have nothing to defend. Your friends are right here.

They are having meetings with their moderators...dicks!

Brian