• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The real Jon Caputo and Daniel Lopez

Rod your site is worth way more than $50K.

Thanks for posting parts of the thread.
I was never granted access to CL, so I could not read the members only section.

jon is a dirt bag, lying like that. I wish nothing but failures for his future.

Nothing like having to defend yourself in the court of public opinion. You are probably going to find that this same type of drivel has been whispered to your advertisers.

Jon,

My name is Tim Peterson. I am a member of several cigar related boards (under the username "tigger"), though not a regular contributor at any of the ones that I'm aware that you've purchased.

As a businessman myself, I understand buying and consolidating to earn a profit.

What I don't understand is badmouthing someone as straight shooting and passionate about his hobby as Rod is. He runs a terrific board, and has built a great community at CP.

I expect that you're not doing yourself any favors in the membership retention department by schoolyard taunts and spinning your dealings with Rod into something they weren't.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see that we had Daniel "Big Yeasty" Lopez pegged from the beginning. Those revisionist history types are easy to spot, they lie. You know someone can't be trusted when they lie for no reason... I mean you can trust a guy that lies to get what he wants because you know he'll do that. But a guy that lies for the sake of lying and has no "lie integrity" cannot become acceptable. There is no gauge for their motivation. Now it seems that Mr. Caputo and Big Yeasty are kindred spirits. Big Yeasty's fondness for alternate reality forum management... bannings of people who have never posted, scrambling passwords, deletions of threads, closing of threads, ripoff sale of inferior cigars at premium pricing and the like, followed by Jon Caputo's embracing of these tactics is telling. All you need to know about Mr. Caputo is the fact that he has aligned himself with Big Yeasty and is currently operating in the same way.

Members from these other forums will be welcomed here, I have no doubt, and they should be encouraged to do the right thing, ask the hard question, look behind the curtain.

Rod, your integrity is beyond reproach. I know what they have said and will say will bother you but rest assured that most of us here and on other boards know the truth. Character assassination only works if what is said has a chance of being true and in your case it is quite obviously NOT. Their mistake was not saying something terrible about me or infinity or leebo or CC or George or allofus, people would believe that.

NA

Rod your site is worth way more than $50K.

Thanks for posting parts of the thread.
I was never granted access to CL, so I could not read the members only section.

jon is a dirt bag, lying like that. I wish nothing but failures for his future.

Guy's...let's remember...where we are:

home_friendliest.jpg

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showpost.php?...p;postcount=458

joncaputo
Administrator

joncaputo's Profile
Ring Gauge: 1549
Trader Feedback: 0
joncaputo's Icons

Re: Sale of CS and T25C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
More reading:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/inde...howtopic=49822
Wow this guy really has a hard on for me.

Well I am not going to even bother responding to his posts about me.

Suffice it to say 99.999% of what he says is fabricated - why, I have no idea.

Who wants to bet on what the .0001% of truth is

Wow

I got nothing useful to say...just want to reiterate my support for you, Rod.

But a guy that lies for the sake of lying and has no "lie integrity" cannot become acceptable.
This is going into the signature, as it almost made me fall out of my chair!
Character assassination only works if what is said has a chance of being true and in your case it is quite obviously NOT. Their mistake was not saying something terrible about me or infinity or leebo or CC or George or allofus, people would believe that.

NA
Someone saying something bad about Infinity?!?! I'm so disillusioned!! :laugh:

Rod, your integrity is top-notch in all of our books, and The Membership is behind you 100%. Clearly, you have an audience:

59 User(s) are reading this topic (32 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)
25 Members: souldog24ca, crluap, MX, SamClemmons, tone-ny, ddepaola, MindRiot, Josh, Putz Mulligan, grateful1, bilder, Mtmouse, Strayvector, illinoishoosier, Cohibo, drew_goring, tigger, Jeech, gregor22, MocoBird, GolfNut, awsmith4, SeanGAR, steamboat, Sweetrice80

This issue is not being kept silent, Mr. Caputo has to speak for his actions at some point.

I'm taking no side as a newb, but I did find this:

http://southflorida.blockshopper.com/news/story/199324/

Apparently dropping 25 to 50k on sites is nothing to him.

He better be careful though, his parent company, Ziff Davis, just came off of Chapter 11.

Get all the info straight....LINKY

1) I don't believe he's part of DevShed any longer(hence the funds for the house...or not)
2) It was acquired by Ziff Davis Enterprises(a stand along company apart from 'Ziff Davis'.
3) Money's not an issue because there are still people who will spend on an idea.

Now go apologies to smokyballs!
...and you'll have a DC this afternoon.

edit
Hey Kludge! :p

He better be careful though, his parent company, Ziff Davis, just came off of Chapter 11.

Get all the info straight....LINKY

1) I don't believe he's part of DevShed any longer(hence the funds for the house...or not)
2) It was acquired by Ziff Davis Enterprises(a stand along company apart from 'Ziff Davis'.
3) Money's not an issue because there are still people who will spend on an idea.

Now go apologies to smokyballs!
...and you'll have a DC this afternoon.

edit
Hey Kludge! :p

I edited my info I got wrong on my post, sorry bout that.

I cant get up to the Outlaw til the event on Saturday, so I'll apologize then, and thanks on the DC!

Thats old news, SilentJon, broke the news first.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...49734&st=80.

Here is something to chew on. Rod, has shown proof, (really no need to because we all support you Rod), Jon has done what? Bad mouth and say things that a 14 year old would say on a street fight before he is about to get his ass whooped. Jon you need to stop the trash talking, simple thing if you can not back up your talk, then guess what Do not freaking talk simple as that.

David

Nice to see that we had Daniel "Big Yeasty" Lopez pegged from the beginning. Those revisionist history types are easy to spot, they lie. You know someone can't be trusted when they lie for no reason... I mean you can trust a guy that lies to get what he wants because you know he'll do that. But a guy that lies for the sake of lying and has no "lie integrity" cannot become acceptable. There is no gauge for their motivation. Now it seems that Mr. Caputo and Big Yeasty are kindred spirits. Big Yeasty's fondness for alternate reality forum management... bannings of people who have never posted, scrambling passwords, deletions of threads, closing of threads, ripoff sale of inferior cigars at premium pricing and the like, followed by Jon Caputo's embracing of these tactics is telling. All you need to know about Mr. Caputo is the fact that he has aligned himself with Big Yeasty and is currently operating in the same way.

Members from these other forums will be welcomed here, I have no doubt, and they should be encouraged to do the right thing, ask the hard question, look behind the curtain.

Rod, your integrity is beyond reproach. I know what they have said and will say will bother you but rest assured that most of us here and on other boards know the truth. Character assassination only works if what is said has a chance of being true and in your case it is quite obviously NOT. Their mistake was not saying something terrible about me or infinity or leebo or CC or George or allofus, people would believe that.

NA

Three paragraphs! Somebody's riled up!

As a member of Cigar Live, this is certainly an interesting post. I joined Cigar Live in their infancy and have met some great people through the board. I have enjoyed my time on that forum and still do. I have no intentions to spew any negativity towards Cigar Live, but I have concerns about the future. I am sure time will tell. ???
I would gladly spew negativity, but I'll restrain myself. I joined CL early on too, and sadly I made a lot of friends on there before I realized what a complete joke Daniel is. There are some really good people on CL, and unfortunately, good people tend to hope for the best and not stir the pot even when there are clear signs that things are headed in the wrong direction. I just hope that those people wake up and start migrating here. A guy can dream can't he? :)

Rod,

In noway, shape or form were we ever entitled to the information you provided to us. You did because you have heart and integrity and for that I applaud you!

Most people would have taken the money and ran! I am glad you gained as much information as possible, assessed the situation and came to the conclusion you did.

I again applaud you for your integrity!

You know what? The membership at CL has allowed Big Yeasty aka Daniel fuggin' Lopez to do the banning, scramble the passwords, stifle dialogue and step on whoever he wants. The entire membership has validated this scumbag and now they're about to validate Mr. Caputo. This, to me, does not constitute "great people" or stand up guys. They've watched it happen, allowed it to happen and validated it by going along to get along. Don't even talk to me about what a great bunch of guys they are.

NA

Rod,

Thank you for leading, not following and for caring about this community more than about quick money.

Thank you for your openness and integrity.

If there is ever anything you need that can I can provide, all you need to do is ask. (I am sure that goes for all the BOTLs & SOTLs here as well.)

Once again "Thank you!" for ALL that you do for us here at CP.

And always remember, Don't let the bastages bring you down!

Blessings to you and yours!

Rod, I apologize if my posts have caused you any problems. My original post from CL was also posted at CS.

More than anything, I was trying to inform the BOTL's/ SOTL's.

Thank you, Rod.

I think an old-timey tar and feathering is in order for these jokers.

-Mark

edited. an not a.