• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The real Jon Caputo and Daniel Lopez

This was posted by me on CS (where I am also a member) a few minutes ago:

I think it's appalling that Caputo is attacking the character of Rod from Cigar Pass, a man of exceptional integrity. As a member of both CP and CS, I must say that I have forged close friendships with MANY members of CP and attacking CP's members will not do any good to this site. CP has flourished into a "community", in every sense of the word. Wonder if this will get me "banned", as some have already been for expressing their views.

ROD: You're a true BOTL in my book. Thanks for CP and for everything you have done to make this community GREAT!

Way to go Rod! You have without a doubt made the right decision here. CP forever! And thank you for the best cigar community around.

I think it's appalling that Caputo is attacking the character of Rod from Cigar Pass, a man of exceptional integrity. As a member of both CP and CS, I must say that I have forged close friendships with MANY members of CP and attacking CP's members will not do any good to this site. CP has flourished into a "community", in every sense of the word. Wonder if this will get me "banned", as some have already been for expressing their views.

ROD: You're a true BOTL in my book. Thanks for CP and for everything you have done to make this community GREAT!

Great post Israel, you are spot on with it....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

ohh gary that was messed up
now you have to make up by putting twice and much and in better quality.

Rod, I apologize if my posts have caused you any problems. My original post from CL was also posted at CS.

More than anything, I was trying to inform the BOTL's/ SOTL's.

Okay I finally got logged in over there and I saw how they answered your questions!

Very impressive they closed the thread and linked it to a new thread and closed that one before anyone can post. So in effect this doesn't exist and they think it will go away.

Nice people may exist over there but as has been mentioned allowing that kind of behavior begets more bad behavior. Anyone for a fiver of CL's? :whistling:

Rod, I apologize if my posts have caused you any problems. My original post from CL was also posted at CS.

More than anything, I was trying to inform the BOTL's/ SOTL's.

Okay I finally got logged in over there and I saw how they answered your questions!

Very impressive they closed the thread and linked it to a new thread and closed that one before anyone can post. So in effect this doesn't exist and they think it will go away.

Nice people may exist over there but as has been mentioned allowing that kind of behavior begets more bad behavior. Anyone for a fiver of CL's? :whistling:

A few people posted on the new thread that was linked. They were not productive, so Daniel erased them and locked the thread

"You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you just might find
You get what you need
Oh baby, yeah, yeah!""

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards

I think those folks will get what they need, in the end.

meh....typical CL crap. What do you expect from a board run by a money hungry schlub.

I hope CL's sponsors pull their advertising. I'm suprised by some of the sponsors. But I'm sure they are unaware of how CL's owner conducts himself.

I learned my lesson a long time ago. There is no other community like the one here on CigarPass. The membership , leadership and watchdogs are what set this place apart from any other cigar community.

WWRD? :rolleyes:

wow looks like CS changed their agreement with Mr. Caputo.
http://www.cigarweekly.com/magazine/review....com-voids-sale

Excuse my naiveté, but this guy Caputo bought all these sites to turn them into "Paid Membership" sites?

He paid all this money for them, then starts kicking people out, dragging them through the mud, thus driving their value down so they are worth less than he paid for them?

For him to accomplish his ultimate goal, he really must have needed CP to get there quicker...quicker to what? So when Rod didn't sell to him, he's starts trashing him to drive the value of his forums up?

Guys, we're all in business, but what is this guy up to?

Someone please explain this Industry to me. Where's the value in his questionable actions?

Thanks.

Rod....you have done all you can, take a break....and ship my Palio cutter I ordered yesterday :laugh:

Wow, this went rotten fast, didn't it? Not really a surprise though.

We're gonna have to keep a closer eye on the gate.

Knew it was only a matter of time before I got banned or before my post got deleted. Just got this PM on CS:

I deleted your post
No offense intended. As you are aware things are a bit in flux in the world of cigar boards.
As we have not had a chance to communicate with Jon to understand the vision and plans he gets the benefit of the doubt.
This is not about CP but CS.
Feel free to PM me or email

The plan is supposed to be released on Friday, so maybe we will know what is going on.

I hope it is not a bad change for these sites as more help the community. If they are converted to pay sites, then that could be the end for some of them. I know some will pay, but I think for a forum about cigars, that if you pay then you get additional benefits, but I don't think paying just to join would work. That is if that is the case.

A few more days.

Thanks for sharing your side with us Rod.

Who is ready for a good smoke!

You know what? The membership at CL has allowed Big Yeasty aka Daniel fuggin' Lopez to do the banning, scramble the passwords, stifle dialogue and step on whoever he wants. The entire membership has validated this scumbag and now they're about to validate Mr. Caputo. This, to me, does not constitute "great people" or stand up guys. They've watched it happen, allowed it to happen and validated it by going along to get along. Don't even talk to me about what a great bunch of guys they are.

NA
Regardless, I can still say without a doubt that there are a lot of good/great people there. That also goes for the online cigar community as a whole, regardless of what board it is. The generosity of cigars smokers as a whole is just one example. Whether it be for fun, for a brother/sister in need, the troops, or charity, on every cigar board you find thousands of examples of people giving more than they get. The pathetic thing is when someone decides to take advantage of the trusting nature of good people.

A big part of the problem is that people can't criticize what they don't see. Using underhanded tactics like changing passwords/email and deleting posts allows him to only let the majority of the board see what he wants them to. If people don't see these things happening, then how can they know what a snake he is? Lets face it, the average member is not going to see every thread and most likely know this garbage is going on. And for those who did see these things and speak up, they were immediately silenced (with that password/email BS). Does that totally absolve the majority? No, but I have a hard time hearing that they are bad people when so much of what transpired was hidden or lied about. Trusting people get burned, its that simple. But some of us don't feel like using all our energy distrusting everyone.

That doesn't make people morons or asshats.

meh....typical CL crap. What do you expect from a board run by a money hungry schlub.

I hope CL's sponsors pull their advertising. I'm suprised by some of the sponsors. But I'm sure they are unaware of how CL's owner conducts himself.

I learned my lesson a long time ago. There is no other community like the one here on CigarPass. The membership , leadership and watchdogs are what set this place apart from any other cigar community.

WWRD? :rolleyes:

wow looks like CS changed their agreement with Mr. Caputo.
http://www.cigarweekly.com/magazine/review....com-voids-sale

Because Cigarsmokers is member moderated, he ran into the heads of many members and realized, he wasn't going to be able to do what he wanted there.

Excuse my naiveté, but this guy Caputo bought all these sites to turn them into "Paid Membership" sites?

He paid all this money for them, then starts kicking people out, dragging them through the mud, thus driving their value down so they are worth less than he paid for them?

For him to accomplish his ultimate goal, he really must have needed CP to get there quicker...quicker to what? So when Rod didn't sell to him, he's starts trashing him to drive the value of his forums up?

Guys, we're all in business, but what is this guy up to?

Someone please explain this Industry to me. Where's the value in his questionable actions?

Thanks.

Rod....you have done all you can, take a break....and ship my Palio cutter I ordered yesterday :laugh:

A few individuals :whistling: stood up and pressed the issue. Instead of answering questions, Caputo attacked.