• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2015

Gavin said:
Smoking a Caldwell Long Live the King My Style is Jalapeno. It's a lancero. Why don't they just call it that? My first Caldwell. Decent.
IIRC, Robert Caldwell named it after some song lyrics... not sure on the song though.  Don't think it was a genre I listen to.

Long Live the King is my favorite line among his offerings.  Give the Toro (the Petit Double Wide Short Churchill) a try--it's an excellent cigar.

mjolnir01 said:

Smoking a Caldwell Long Live the King My Style is Jalapeno. It's a lancero. Why don't they just call it that? My first Caldwell. Decent.
IIRC, Robert Caldwell named it after some song lyrics... not sure on the song though.  Don't think it was a genre I listen to.

Long Live the King is my favorite line among his offerings.  Give the Toro (the Petit Double Wide Short Churchill) a try--it's an excellent cigar.

I got fivers of everything but the 6x60 cigar....research prior to spending the $$$$ on a box.  I agree about the lancero...that name is almost as painful to say as My Uzi Weighs a Ton.  Curious to try the "unnamed/The Last Czar" cigars that are coming out soon, but ouch the price.....

mjolnir01 said:

I'm smoking a Eastern Standard Cream Crush tonight, and this is by far my favorite so far of the Caldwell lines.

J.D. Howard Reserve Single Action.  This blend seems to shine with this vitola.

Last night, a Liga Privada Undercrown.  I've actually only had a couple of these before.  It was okay, not great.  However, I think it was more that my palate was affected by the spicy dinner that I had.  If I had smoked it with a coke, I probably would have enjoyed it more but I felt like consuming beer instead (one of those nights).  I look forward to trying another for comparison purposes.

I smoked an Illusione 88 that I found in the back of the humidor.  It must have sat for back there the perfect amount of time because it was perfect.

Tried one of the Flor del Valle Sky Flowers today....similar to the rest of the line but definitely fuller bodied.  Opens with pepper in the back of the throat along with the type of sweet spice I associate with them, the finish gets pretty long in the 2nd third and it's very oaky overall.  The complexity flattens out but there is some excellent floral/earth flavors toward the end.  First time I've detected nicotine strength in a Warped cigar, will give them a little time in the humidor to see if that complexity in the middle starts to pop more.  Thinking a second box is in the near future.

zeemanb said:
Tried one of the Flor del Valle Sky Flowers today....similar to the rest of the line but definitely fuller bodied.  Opens with pepper in the back of the throat along with the type of sweet spice I associate with them, the finish gets pretty long in the 2nd third and it's very oaky overall.  The complexity flattens out but there is some excellent floral/earth flavors toward the end.  First time I've detected nicotine strength in a Warped cigar, will give them a little time in the humidor to see if that complexity in the middle starts to pop more.  Thinking a second box is in the near future.
Nice description.  Those oaky & floral flavors come through in a lot of AGANORSA/TABSA cigars, ie. almost all of the Illusione Singulare releases as well.

Tonight I'm not straying too far from my regulars... an Illusione Gigantes, pairing nicely with a Cigar City English-Style Smoked Imperial Stout.  Tons of earth and chocolate flavors from both the cigar and the beer.

Bombone, a breakfast of street tacos and horchata, and now on to an MK...

zeemanb said:
I have no idea what the hell any of that meant...I mean tacos, okay....I'll just assume awesomeness and tell you to

Enjoy!

-Trey

Spad31 said:

I have no idea what the hell any of that meant...I mean tacos, okay....I'll just assume awesomeness and tell you to

Enjoy!

-Trey

Lol, smaller format Illusiones....the perfect match for early morning coffee and pork.

zeemanb said:
Yes sir!
Johnny O mag 50 from may 09.
Smooth as hell, tasty!

69916b9c556181bed4c28f6e9a230264.jpg

Fume D'Amour Lagunas followed by an Angel's Anvil. Great day so far!

Rocky Patel Decade robusto: The first one I had was ROTT and disappointing. Several months in the humi has made it a much more enjoyable smoke.