• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I had an AF Short Story. Seemed a little bitter once I got to the halfway point. Anyone else have this same experience or did I possibly have a bad one?

I would let the next one sit in the humi a bit longer. About a month ago I had a WOAM that came off a little more bitter than I expected. I had one the other day, and it was sweet and smooth (as they should be). Just 30 days made a huge difference, and I could tell it even by smelling the wrapper. Being a noob, that's all the advice I have at the moment :D

Thanks man. I actually wanted to let this one sit a little longer but it was just calling my name! Unfortunately it was the only one I had as I received it in a gift. I have a few WOAMs sitting right now from 3 diff years, I cant wait to compare and contrast. OK since I'm not talking about today's smoke I'll end this here :laugh: Carry on, everyone.

It is a nice day here in KC so I took our son to the park. While watching him play, I smoked a Perdomo Reserve 10 Year Champagne Robusto. It was a pretty good cigar.

Several smokes this weekend...

Viaje TNT - A big hearty cigar. Draw was a bit tight. Flavors were good...my first Viaje cigar. Honestly though...I don't know what I was expecting, other than more than what I got after reading all the hype on this marca.

Quintero Panatela - Surprisingly good cigar for a cheap CC. Consruction was good, looked good, burned well. Flavors were on the light side, but I drew to hard and/or frequent. Last half started getting hot so I ditched it. Would definitely smoke more of these.

Jose L. Piedra Nacional - A mild cigar. Very ugly and very undefilled. Draw of course was too easy, but the flavors while not complex were still decent. Much preferred the Quintero over this cigar as far a cheap CCs go.

Arturo Fuente Anejo 48 - A great cigar. I don't find Anejos complex in the sense that the cigar changes throughout the smoke, but they are consistent and oh so good. This was no exception.

Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial - Fantastic CC. Foot was a bit split, likely from shipping, but the constrcution appeared good. On squeezing the cigar was hard, and as expected, the draw was extremely tight. Smoked better after massaging, but was still a bit tight. Tossed it 3/4ths of the way through, but damn that was a flavorful cigar. Light in body, bull in flavor. Woody, floral, citrus, stone fruit, a sweetness like nectar. Outside of the draw...simply fantastic.

Partagas Churchill De Luxe and an Opus X petit lancero while enjoying a day off.

I had an Illusione MJ12 while playing golf today. Needless to say the cigar was the best choice I made today :p

La Riqueza No. 2 w/some Glenffidich 12 yr. Nice breeze under the walnut tree while the baby girl played. Still hot and muggy out, but a nice evening.

Had a Johnny-O Robusto Extra Pigtail with about two years of downtime. Fabulous cigar, one of the best I've had. :thumbs:

Johnny-O Pigtail Short. Great cigar. Had some tight draw issues but thats because it was about 95% RH outside. I decided to smoke it as soon as there was a break in the severe thunderstorms we had. You could see the haze in the air but man was it tasty!

CAO LX2 Bam this morning on the way into work. It was phenomenal.

Man O War robusto. I enjoyed it.

Enjoying a Cohiba Robusto and a portion of Balvenie DoubleWood 12 year at the moment. Poker in a couple of hours. Loving life.

Edit: Just getting into the final third, and these never cease to impress. Getting overwhelming amounts of vanilla and chocolate. Such a creamy smoke.

62810.jpg

Yesterday it was a 44 Park Avenue by K. Hansotia & Co which left MUCH to be desired. Skip this cigar folks, its another bomb.

Nosotros Corona on the way into work. Man, these things are great. I am tearing through a box of these.

Last night an Arturo Fuente Anejo No. 77 (Shark) with a buddy by the pool. Was humid out, but the cigar drew and burned well. Hands down the best Anejo in the line up.

I had an H. Upmann Mag 46 this afternoon on the front porch. I have to say that this is quickly becoming one of my go to cigars. Both of the Mag 50s that I have smoked have been terrible. But these Mag 46s are really great and consistent smokes.

I smoked a Ashton ESG today with unknown age on it while chilling in the pool. I guess we are under a possible evacuation with this Tropical Storm coming in. Fun times ahead. :laugh:

Smoked a RASS tonight while sitting outside listening to the Royals game.

Nestor Miranda Special Selection Coffee Break while enjoying a nice evening with my wife and son.

Since the Tropical Storm Alex has been upgraded to Hurricane Alex, I just got done smoking a Opus X #5 with unknown age on it. Car is filled up with petro and I have some packing to do if they call Evacuation tomorrow. I may disappear for a couple of days. :(

Last night I enjoyed a delightful Johnny-O Lancero Pigtail. This was my first Johnny-O and it was superb! It really reminded me of a Partagas Minuto which is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.