• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladyface Trappistine (x3)
FW 15th Anniversary
Belhaven Scottish Ale
Ladyface Abraxas

Curious about this one...

This is from their website:

New on tap: La Trappistine™ our Belgian dark strong ale-rich, malty and dark in color, with complex flavors, notes of caramel, oak and dried fruit like raisins, cherries, blueberries and prunes. Pairing beautifully with traditional Thanksgiving meals with its high carbonation and very dry finish, La Trappistine™ is also moderately high in alcohol (9.2% abv) and therefore just the thing to take to your crazy family dinner. Or enjoy it at home with your own holiday feast. Get your growlers filled Tuesday or Wednesday!

Hmmm, do growlers ship well?

FW 15th Anniversary
Belhaven Scottish Ale
Ladyface Abraxas

New on tap: La Trappistine™ our Belgian dark strong ale-rich, malty and dark in color, with complex flavors, notes of caramel, oak and dried fruit like raisins, cherries, blueberries and prunes. Pairing beautifully with traditional Thanksgiving meals with its high carbonation and very dry finish, La Trappistine™ is also moderately high in alcohol (9.2% abv) and therefore just the thing to take to your crazy family dinner. Or enjoy it at home with your own holiday feast. Get your growlers filled Tuesday or Wednesday!

Sounds tasty, what did you think?

Not today, but on Thanksgiving...

Cuvee Van De Keizer Blauw 2008 and 2009
Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad 2010
Surly Furious
Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar

FW 15th Anniversary
Belhaven Scottish Ale
Ladyface Abraxas

Sounds tasty, what did you think?

I tried a pint of it on Wednesday and thought it was good. Not great but good. We went back on Friday and for some reason (and my buddy agreed) it was tasting much better. Very smooth and easy drinking for a high ABV. I couldn't even tear myself away from it, hence why I had 3 pints of it on Friday.

Natural Ice bar bottle...sorry, it was in the bottle so I figured it made the cut(enjoyed w/churchill in maduro wrapper from the birth of my child.

The birth of your child should command something better than Natty Ice. Step it up to a Sam Adams, at least. Congrats, by the way!

Starting off the night with a Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic. I actually think this is not too shabby for a wheat fruit beer, although this is no lambic, by any means. Very toned down and bitter, and just a hint of tartness...Headed to a tasting tonight with Jeff(The Black Cloud) and possibly Mike(MAS_Puros)...who knows what'll get popped there.

Been on a Jolly Pumpkin kick lately. Drinking Noel de Calabaza tonight. Had La Parcela and Fuego del Otono recently. Got to try FW15 on tap this week as well.

Drinking a Summit Unchained Batch 08 Black IPA tonight. Quite nice, a bit of roastiness going on in the aroma, but flavor-wise it's pretty much a decent American IPA.

Starting off the night with a Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic. I actually think this is not too shabby for a wheat fruit beer, although this is no lambic, by any means. Very toned down and bitter, and just a hint of tartness...Headed to a tasting tonight with Jeff(The Black Cloud) and possibly Mike(MAS_Puros)...who knows what'll get popped there.

Do tell Mr. Hobs. :)

Had a Pliny from 1-11-11 the other day. Was good, but like these way better fresh. Also tried Guinness Black Lager for the first time.....Interesting.

....... Also tried Guinness Black Lager for the first time.....Interesting.

I drank a couple a few weeks ago when a buddy brought over a six pack for Sunday NFL...I too was pleasantly surprised. Just bought another 6 pack last weekend to sample it again.

....... Also tried Guinness Black Lager for the first time.....Interesting.

I drank a couple a few weeks ago when a buddy brought over a six pack for Sunday NFL...I too was pleasantly surprised. Just bought another 6 pack last weekend to sample it again.

The owner of our local steakhouse, who knows I like to drink all kinds of different beers, gave me a bottle to try the night he got his first shipment in. I didn't really like it - to me it was very weak and generic, and horribly over-carbonated. I only had the one bottle, and it was at the end of the night, but I'm not in a big hurry to try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.