• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a Marine. I was accepted to Platoon Leaders Course and after one summer of running around Quantico with a M-16 taking in every thing my SI's would yell at me, I had a few tragic turn of events which lead me to my current profession of Construction Management. Now I'm looking at changing professions but am not sure what i want to do. At times I wanted to be a professional driver, but dont even know how to get involved in that. Any one who know should drop me a PM.

I wanted to be a professional wrestler. Go figure.

I now work for DSNY....professionally wrestling with big garbage bags

I always wanted to be a psyc or own a business. I'm in college, working on it! Hopefully In the future I will have a privet practice.

I had corrected vision, so I knew I couldn't be a pilot, thus not an astronaut, but I lusted to work the space program. I went to work for (then) Martin Marietta in the early 80's. I'd swear that they used engineers to scrub toilets. It was a hell of boredom and bureaurocracy and quite frankly, a sweatshop. I had an Air Force inspector under each arm. I lasted not quite a year before moving on.

Always wanted to be an athlete. A basketball player or a baseball player.
Ended up in the family business. Not even close. :laugh:

I remember wanting to be a lawyer when I was growing up in elementary school, but I quickly gave up on that when I realized that there's already too many lawyers :p . Now I'm in college, and I want to be a political author or talk radio host, maybe even run for office someday. Two of my friends and I just started a weekly political podcast, and the two of them just got a TV show on the campus station. One of my professors, whom I'm good friends with, is a political columnist and author. We'll see if all this plays out in my favor in the near future.

I wanted to be a cop.. Boy did I ever stuff that one up :laugh: Motorcycles, drugs, alcohol and loose women surely put paid to that idea. :laugh:
Then I met my wife and now I am a sheetmetal worker in a large factory :(
I am happy.
Now I guess my preferred occupation would be Gynecologist I guess. :whistling:

Something to do with art or music.

Now I sell my own art online, and organize private trades for a lot of my artist buddies. It is shaping up to be quite the business, as I am taking on clients from outside my circle of friends as my reputation grows.

Soon, I will be a fully fledged art trader. Hmmm... maybe I should contact my local mafia representative to get some drugs smuggled in the frames? lol. Lots of bonus cash there.

I wanted (still do) to be an Architect/ business owner.

I work in investigations, a far cry from designing homes, but it looks like I may be able to buy the company from my boss. 1 out of 2 is too bad...

I wanted to be a scientist from 3d grade on - had a bunch opf different ideas on what fields. Then I had an issue with going to college (long story) and settled for community college where I majored in Computer Programming. Got the associates, couldn't get a decent job and couldn't afford a university so I enlisted in the Air Force and they made me a linguist. So I went from talking geek to talking foreign languages, still ove science but hope to be a published author before I retire from the military and become a novelist when I grow up (maybe have a cigar lounge "day job" for regular income until I rival Stephen King or Dean Koontz).

-K-

For the future, it would be sweet to be a stay at home dad and spend a little time behind the counter at a cigar store while the wife earns the big bucks. I'm working on that plan now, :D

I always wanted to do something with computers. First was a programmer, then I got more interested in networking. Right now I am leaning towards computer/network security.

I'm in the Air Force right now. I should really start taking some classes... :whistling:

The very first dream I can remember was wanting to be an artist. My dad is really good at free hand stuff so I tried to mimick what he did all the time. When I realized that freehand is cool stuff when you're 7 and not "REAL" art, I decided that being an artist isn't really for me.

The next one was to be a doctor. That one fizzled quickly when I found out that doctors really don't have a life for their first 20 yrs.

Then it was to be in the military. No shit. I wanted to wear a cool uniform and cuss and drink and cause hell the world around. Needless to say, my dreams have come true tenfold.

My new dream is to open my own B&M. I have a few ideas ramblin' around in my head that just won't leave so I may have to make this dream a reality.....

I wanted to go to the Air Force Academy to become a pilot and an aeronautical engineer.

Through a bit of hard work and a LOT of luck, the first two dreams came true... after a C- in Calc and being told I'd have to retake it for any engineering degree, I figured Geography was much more my cup of tea. :D

I wanted to be a garbage truck driver, I shit you not.

But nope, didn't work out for me, i ended up in a 5 year college program to become a Landscape Architect, and to think, i could be making $25.00 an hour driving a truck for Republic Services....

Maybe we can switch jobs for a week. You can drive my route picking up 15-21 tons of trash a day and I can design Hanging Gardens or at least watch the grass grow :laugh:

I wanted to be an orthopedic surgeon. I had an injury when I was 13 that cut the nerves to most of my left hand (especially the first 3 fingers) so that was out. I then concentrated on becoming a lawyer. I got through a little over a year of law school and figured out that I was pretty full of crap, but not full of enough crap to be an attorney. I started down the road of working with troubled teens and then we moved to MN. Since then, I've been Dad with a few odd jobs here and there while we got on our feet. Now, I'm just Dad.

When I was 6 I apparently told my teacher that I was going to be a Playboy photographer. I've not been smacked as hard as my mother smacked me by anyone since. My uncle got a good smack, too. He's the one who told me that would be the best job in the world. I didn't know what the hell Playboy was, but after my mom reacted the way she did, I made sure to find out! :laugh:

Best post I've read in a while. So... with the hand, is that like having permo-Stranger, or what? Doesn't seem like such a bad deal. :) All humor, Bro. That isn't a good thing for a kid to go through.

I guess I wanted to be a rock star. My kids think I'm a rock star, and that's pretty much all that matters. As for my real job, I'm doing something I really enjoy, and something I'm proud of. So, it's all good.

I wanted to be a cop. Right now I am 33 and working on that goal.

Kristin

That's funny, I wanted to be hand cuffed!

:whistling:

I can arrange that!! :)

I wanted to be a cop. Right now I am 33 and working on that goal.

Kristin

Keep going Kristen. It took me till I was 32 to finally put on the uniform and I have no regrets. I love being a Police Officer, even having to deal with
the scum of the world.

Michael

Very cool. I am keeping my fingers crossed.