• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NY or Long Island HERF

Well??????? What's up fellas? I had lunch with Glynna yesterday. :D

Scott and I had a herf last summer, was supposed to be at the biergarten, but for the best (power outage and rude and lying manager prevented that) we ended up and Maxwell and Dunnes. Now we won't go there, but a backyard herf may not get sponsors as officially as some kind of smoking lounge.

CgarDan and I were thinking of talking to John Conroy at General Cigars though and seeing about Club Mac as a possibility
(any input here Charlie)?

I had the same thought Ben, there is a brother over at Cigar Bid that is plannin' on a NY Herf but nothing finallised as of yet, here is a link to the thread:

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/forum/foru...y=0000000100438

I'll keep you updated as it moves along and do the same if you hear any your way as well....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Brother - how have you been? Hope all is well and your enjoying the weather along with some fine sticks :rolleyes: I just dropped a reply to that poster and hopefully something can come through over the next few motnhs. The weather is here so it is definitely time. Why not go back to that place in Queens over on Queens Blvd? I thought that was great. Nice place, good outdoor area, nice people and a nice selection of sticks.

Scott and I had a herf last summer, was supposed to be at the biergarten, but for the best (power outage and rude and lying manager prevented that) we ended up and Maxwell and Dunnes. Now we won't go there, but a backyard herf may not get sponsors as officially as some kind of smoking lounge.

CgarDan and I were thinking of talking to John Conroy at General Cigars though and seeing about Club Mac as a possibility

A herf is not about sponsors and free stuff!
It is about brothers getting together and sharing the love for the leaf.
I could care less about free swag.
So someone just throw some dates out there for a herf and let's do it!
Havana Dreams would be great and I imagine I'll find myself Schlesinger's at some point!
A backyard herf would be fantastic!

-Rob

Rob I am with you 100 percent. Let's throw a few dates out and pick what works best for everyone :thumbs:

Rob, I agree that it's not about the swag, but if we wanted to do something equivalent with what we did last summer, making a "tradition" of it, then we'd want the sponsors. I'm all for low key backyard BBQ herfin' all day long, I love my grill!

swag is cool though

but weekends work MUCH better for me

so first, let's get a place

then get the dates

I'm free this weekend...New Windsor is always an option, Stogie and Hudson Valley would propably show....Just getting together to smoke some cigars is cool. Hey Rob even a quickie at Moms followed by some hot wings works for me!!!

I'll be back in the NYC area week of July 30th, so if you guys have it then, I'll definitely try to make it.

I'll be back in the NYC area week of July 30th, so if you guys have it then, I'll definitely try to make it.

Sam,
We'll defintely try to put something together for when you are in town.
How long will you be here until?

Ralph,
Anytime brother!
I thought you were working farther away now.
Let me know when you are available.
Mid-week anytime works!
Weekends are a possibility...
But less likely!

There is an open invitation to all to mini-herf on my rooftop!
There are a few Port Chester places with outdoor seating we could check out as well.

-Rob

Well, I talked with Davey over at www.cigarbid.com forum and he talked with Glynna from Schlesinger's and the date that they locked down is July 29th and the time is 3:00 PM. I know it's a Sunday but what the hell. It may work into Sam's schedule and it would be great to see all of you for a few cigars and a couple of cold ones. I talked with David and he's gonna sign up here at CP some time this weekend. He normally works Saturdays as a Tool Salesman and he's from Carmel. I told him I'll contact LouieD for him and they can talk since they are both from the same town. What do you guys think, post away as David wants to give Glynna an idea of a head count in a week to ten days. I'm gonna post this on a few other cigar sites as well to get the word out to our S/BOTL in the area as well........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

Let's set a date then for a weekend (Saturday) in August.

What do u think?

Sounds good to me Ben for August as well but I was hoping to see you the 29th of July up here as well. It would be a nice Sunday afternoon ride for you and your bride with a couple / three hour stop for a cigar or two and a cool drink as well. The only Saturday not good for me is the 18th as one of my nephews is gettin' married that day......... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Anybody jones-ing for a smoke with the guys----EVERY Thursday, say 7 to? at S.

And what Robb said about the free stuff. Ever notice that as soon as that gets handed out the crowd thins and the herf gets better? Why would that be, I wonder? Not that I mind giving out and getting cigars, that's part of the point here. The love of the leaf. And I appreciate the hard work Charlie puts into things like this. It's not the stuff, it's the people who come FOR the stuff.

I'll try my best to be there on the 29th, I love that place! Rob, I'm working in Norwalk now, usually have weekends off. Like I said if you ever want to meet up for a cigar and hit that little chicken shack after let me know.