• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

03 Por Larranaga PL

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
Ive been anticipating this cigar as it seems to be universally loved by all Cuban smokers from beginners to aficionados. This is spicy, with the taste of talcum powder. The draw is pretty decent. It Stays in it’s lane. I don’t know the age but I’d like to see how it would change with age. The spice subsides as the cigar progresses.
Construction: good
Taste: spice and talcum powder
Opinion: good but I’m not sure about the hype
Strength: medium, maybe medium plus
Would I buy it: yeah
Would I smoke again: yeahB3EA7035-67E8-4817-B3CA-314A34FEAD5E.jpeg

Talcum powder huh, thanks for the laugh. Makes me want to get out my black AMEX card.

I'm wondering when you took the opportunity to taste talcum powder?
The taste of the cigar reminded me of the smell of talcum powder.
So much pushback on the talcum powder! Could it be that big Cuba is using its agents in disguise to try shake me down for a less American baby powder?!

That is 2018 I believe. And yes they get much much better with age from what the pros tell me
Yes, unfortunately 2015 and 16 were not good for PLPC, 17 and 18 were worse... 19 is a blessing and gets Cuba back on track for having the best production cigars in the world... (if you can find 2014, grab them, you can definitely find 2019...

Is that still better than say an '11 PLPC or could they be past their prime.

thx for this review
I'll try to find one to test this talcum powder :)