• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

$10 digital hygrometer

txmatt

El Cheapo smoker
This post is best placed in "the humidor" but it seems a lot of people don't read that area so I am posting it in both The Lobby and The Humidor.

My friend Aaron (hungsolo here on CP) taunted me this morning that he got his hygrometer for his new Coolidor for $10. Here is a web printable coupon to get your Radio Shack digital hygrometer for 1/2 price as well. Print the coupon and take it to your local Rat Shack.
http://www.radioshack.com/Coupons/Coupons....t=1&hp=coupons#

Enjoy,
Matt

What about the remote one? That would be cool. You wouldn't have to open the humi to see the humidity. You could set up to three remote sensors. I may go check this out. Also has the $10 coupon. You would just have to buy two more sensors.

Wireless Thermo-Hygrometer

Thanks for the tip, Matt. I've been planning on getting one for some time now; I guess my procrastination finally pays off.

That wireless setup would be pimp if I had a coolerdor or something like that.

Does it look good Nicko99? I mean for the money you paid for it. Of course I don't expect it to be top notch. Tell us how far off it is on the salt test.

I have it setting in w/ one of my other digital hygro's right now and will let you know what it reads in the morning. But it looks good for the money :p

Just got back from Radio Shack about 5 min ago.. Got myself one of them Digital Hygrometers...

Just picked one up. Too bad there is no button for adjustments. Not that I can complain for $10.

I picked up the RadioShack remote sensor for my 300ct in my basement and I love not having to go down there to check my readings!! Mine is off +2% but I can live with that. For all of you anal folks...there are postings on the internet on how to adjust the digital reading (I'll post it when I find it again) but it will require openeing up the unit and tampering with the electronics inside. It's a great unit even without the coupon.

Thanks for the tip Matt.
Got me one of those a while ago ,they work fine.
I'm heading to RS today to get me another. :)

Thanks for the link, I'm going to get one today also, can't have too many, and $10 is probably less than a decent analog one. :D

Backslide420 said:
I picked up a couple. Now to find out if they're accurate.

so what did ya come up with....
I was up all night at a concert and forgot to check them this morning. I'll check them when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the heads up. I went right down and got one to veify what I knew about my analog one. The Radio shack is showing steady at 65% while my analog one is at 60%. I knew the analog was off by 5% from the salt test. But it is reassuring to have a digital. This model is so small.

The 2 I got one was spot on 75% the other 73% with the salt test...these you can't adjust the calibration...I took the one apart...oh well I can live with 2% variance and for 10 bucks who can complain.

If anyone needs one before the expiration date of the coupon, there are a few r-shacks near me that have them in stock.

-P-