• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

$100 for a cigar?!?!?!?!?!

something I studied in an ethics of business class about economic justice.

I was merely remarking about the fact that some of our institutions of higher learning preach political propaganda under the guise of "education". "Economic justice" is strictly a matter of opinion, not fact and it burns my a$$ that these so-called "educators" pretend to "teach" when in fact they are trying to instill their political views and opinions on impressionable and often ignorant college students.

Now Lumberg, I know you are intelligent enough to know that I am not taking a shot at you personally, only at the academia who piss me off.

coventrycat86 said:

I was merely remarking about the fact that some of our institutions of higher learning preach political propaganda under the guise of "education". "Economic justice" is strictly a matter of opinion, not fact and it burns my a$$ that these so-called "educators" pretend to "teach" when in fact they are trying to instill their political views and opinions on impressionable and often ignorant college students.

Now Lumberg, I know you are intelligent enough to know that I am not taking a shot at you personally, only at the academia who piss me off.
Unless he is one of the academia.... Oh the misery... Look out CC, there are silent black helicopters hovering over your neighborhood. Your line is tapped and the academia are watching your every move. They are going to change their delivery methods so you don't catch on as fast. Your post are making them more deceptive, stongar, and more agile. The very problem you speak out against makes the machine stronger. And eventually, feeding the machine may make you it's dinner.... :0

:lookup:

Dunno where that came from. Must be the medicine I should be taking.

coventrycat86 said:

The course was intended to simply get us business majors to think about stuff we would never normally think about, that that happened for me.

I was stupid to regurgitate it here.

I am a hard-core capitalist. Sometimes I play devil's advocate a little too well.

And finally, to everyone who has posted on and views this thread:

:D ;) :) ;) :D ;) :) :D ;) :) :D :) :p

LMAO @ emo

OMG ROD ROD ROD HELP ME

Bring back the "Delete Post" button before they get me!!!!!

What have I done???

aaaaaaaaaa...........................

Wascal said:
To put it very simply, F**k the money. If you really interested in doing some good for the poor, donate your time. If you want to get into it pm me, I'll let you know how the"poor" really live. If you think you really know take a drive through WVA coal country.
Amen, Wascal. Ain't no soup kitchens in the hills. Folks just don't get any poorer than that.

NA

gotta agree with this.

1/2 the pleasure is in getting there, I will work hard and save some, when I have enough I will get one, and it will be great. it will tase good to me b/c of what it took for me to get it.
that will make a 5 star cigar into a 15 star cigar for me.

:thumbs:

This is why I try to smoke every cigar down to the nub and drink all of my whiskey down to the last drop. I can't help but think that there are poor little kids in Ethopia who are sober and aren't smoking cigars....

ALostTexan

So to get this back on topic.....LOL
imurevenge.gif

If one's cigar endulges become anything more than a fleeting hobby that you can't afford, buying them would not be the question. Its more of which one's do you buy.

Some people drive Ugo's and some drive Cadillac's. You are welcome to feel every bump in the road if you care to.
target.gif

If you're lucky, you can get a Part 150 for about $50 or $60 now on CB.

Hey, I'm with the notion that its your money. You earned it... you can spend it anyway you want.

Would I spend that much on a cigar? HECK no. Then again, I rarely buy myself clothes at regular price. I bargain shop! Food? I learned to cook so I didn't have to always go out to eat. You cut some corners so you can make other corners count. For me, and I'm sure a few of you, that corner would cigars. And a fine corner that is. :)

I say 'Live how you live and let no man judge your ways except for you and GOD . . . '

Poor or rich we are all men!

I splurge sometimes on something if I really want it!

I actually used to get the Partagas 150 from cigar bid for around $80 a five pack.

They are pretty good smokes imho!

Allofus123 said:
Some people drive Ugo's and some drive Cadillac's. You are welcome to feel every bump in the road if you care to.
target.gif
People still drive Ugo's? :p

wow what a thread..
I agree with a lot that was posted sam thanks for sayin it..

The road to the point where you can sit down witha brother of the leaf ans hand them a aged davidoff or something like that is part of the challenge and learning curve.

When I first started posting online it was here. I thought that the holy grail was a opus. I got one and held on tight afraid to smoke it becasue I feared I would never see one again haha!
What a meager begining..

I made several "newbie mistakes" (huh guys?)

The point is that the site here is not about acigar, getting one or anything like that it is about building a brotherhood based uppon guys (and gals) who enjoy Cigars.

There isn't much better in life than handing a smoke to someone who hasn't seen or tried that type. Its a reward in itself.
How we afford to get such treasures?

Well some folks simply buy them up when they feel like it, some others have to save up and get 1 or 2 when they can..
The most expensive smoke I have smoked was right at $250 and I loved every bit of it.

So, keep going and dont worry about what the others are smokin.. Each of us has our own treasures..

My problem is the treasusres keep getting fancier and fancier...
the more we interact in person the more is truly learned!

ALostTexan said:
This is why I try to smoke every cigar down to the nub and drink all of my whiskey down to the last drop. I can't help but think that there are poor little kids in Ethopia who are sober and aren't smoking cigars....

ALostTexan
:sign: :sign: :sign:

Well put Steven :)

TheBeast said:
Allofus123 said:
target.gif
People still drive Ugo's? :p
No, but they do drive Yugos...........

Every individuals decides what the limits on his or her cigar taste are! Some people have a passion for wine, some for cars or even guns. But in my opinion it is simply up to the individual and no one else.

I personally look forward to the day when I can enjoy the pleasure of smoking and yes sharing a cigar of that caliber.

Just my .03 (inflation)

BenjieV ;)

I think everyone should determine for themselves what their spending limit is for a particular cigar. One should also bear-in-mind that the rarer the cigar and the higher price, the more likely that it's a beautiful counterfeit.

Cuban Davidoffs always come to mind. You can find them at many sites on the web. In that Cuban Davidoff production ended in 1991, and sales have never ceased, it has always been curious how so many cigars are still around. Keep in mind that Davidoff stopped Cuban production because Zino Davidoff got into a fierce battle with Cubatabaco over the inability of the Cuban factories to produce quality cigars. Some of you may remember when in 1987 Zino Davidoff went on French television and condemned Cuban quality control. He publically burned 130,000 cigars in a bonfire on French TV.

Now "aficianados" are paying $150+ per cigar for what they believe are vintage Davidoff cigars. Zino, himself, said they were crap.

That said...there is a market for vintage Davidoffs. And there are many, less than reputable, vendors who will invest a few dollars to make certain you get a vintage Habano with a Davidoff habano band. The problem, of course, is that it's a rebanded Partages, RyJ, Punch, etc. Yes, it is a beautifully rolled, well-aged Cuban cigar, which would sell for $30.00 with its own band. With the Davidoff band, the price tag is $150.00, and it's virtually impossible to distinguish the fraud. The cigar may have been made in the same factory as the Davidoff, and have a very similar taste profile. The aging process plays games with all cigars as they mellow. Many cigars that began with very distinct flavor profiles, become far more similar as the years go by.

Consider the vendor...a fellow in Asia, perhaps, whose customer base is in the U.S. He buys a box of aged Cuban Partagas for $700.00. With a touch of magic, and a quality printer, using aged paper stock, he has Davidoff bands produced. At $150.00 per cigar, the cigars are now retailing at $3750 for the 25. That's more than a little incentive to create more Davidoffs than Cubatabaco. And the fraud is so very hard to prove and impossible to prosecute.

Re: The Dominican Partagas 150. I'd have to think twice about paying more than $10.00 a stick, if that. I always hold a cigar suspect that for years was promoted by Thompsons.

Steve*R said:
Cuban Davidoffs always come to mind. You can find them at many sites on the web. In that Cuban Davidoff production ended in 1991, and sales have never ceased, it has always been curious how so many cigars are still around. Keep in mind that Davidoff stopped Cuban production because Zino Davidoff got into a fierce battle with Cubatabaco over the inability of the Cuban factories to produce quality cigars. Some of you may remember when in 1987 Zino Davidoff went on French television and condemned Cuban quality control. He publically burned 130,000 cigars in a bonfire on French TV.

Now "aficianados" are paying $150+ per cigar for what they believe are vintage Davidoff cigars. Zino, himself, said they were crap.
Food for thought my friend.