• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

10th Annual Cigarpass Opus/Anejo Superbowl Pool - 2012

Ketchtwenty2

CigarPass Class of '08 Valedictorian
Welcome to the 2012 Opus X/Anejo Superbowl Box Pool!

We are happy to be back for our 10th year! It is a great privilege to be able to run the pool again this year. This is a great opportunity for Cigarpass members (old and new) to participate in our community. Also, a BIG thanks to Bruce (NullSmurf) for setting up the automated grid again this year!

(For those who are not familiar with a box pool look HERE.)

The rules are the same as last year.

If you wish to enter please read this entire post carefully.

Here's how it works:

Any member of this board is eligible to participate.
Those who have friends on other boards who wish to participate must do it through you. Only your name will appear on the boxes chosen by you and your friends. If any of your boxes win you can either have me send the winnings to you or you can make arrangements with me to have them sent to any winners not on this board.

Prizes:

200 Fuente Opus X/Anejo cigars

*Final - 100 Opus X/Anejo cigars
3rd Quarter - 25 Opus X/Anejo cigars
Half - 50 Opus X/Anejo cigars
1st Quarter - 25 Opus X/Anejo cigars

Entry Fee:

The entry fee is 2 cigars per box......

Possible entry fees per box are:

2 Opus X or
2 Anejo or
1 Opus X and 1 Anejo

* We are aware that there were far less Opus and Anejo released to retail stores this year, due to a fire. However, we will not be accepting any other types of cigars for the pool, regardless of value or rarity.

How To Enter:

Go HERE and choose your box/es (limit of 3 boxes per person) Please promptly PM me with a DC# or a tracking# . I need to receive all the sticks in a timely fashion so I have time to sort, catalog and post pictures of the cigars. If you are having time/shipping issues please PM me right away.
If you do not get me a DC within three days of entry, I WILL remove you from the grid and give your squares to someone else.

Send your entry fee to me: (PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A DIFFERENT ADDRESS FROM LAST YEAR!)

David Ketcham
8928 Almquist Way
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077

When you send your entry fee please include a note with the following info:

* Your name (real and screen).

* Your current mailing address.

* Your box numbers.

* A list of the cigars you have sent.

If we have not filled up the board by noon (CENTRAL TIME) on Wednesday 1/18/2012, existing participants may choose one (1) additional box (if available). This will be available only after noon on the 18th and is on a First Come/First Served basis. This brings the total number of boxes you may take to FOUR (4).

Once I have received all entry fees the numbers (0-9 for the two sides AFC and NFC of the grid) will be drawn using an automated random number generator that Bruce has provided.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Guys. I know with the holiday weekend, it is impossible to get a DC until Monday or Tuesday. Your confirmation and DC can wait until then.

Guys. I know with the holiday weekend, it is impossible to get a DC until Monday or Tuesday. Your confirmation and DC can wait until then.

Thanks David I was wondering if Tuesday was going to be fine!

Have a Happy New Year!

Paul

Thanks David for putting this together again. I'll have the DC# to you by Wednesday.

P.S. Post Offices are closed tomorrow, Monday, January 2nd.

Thanks for running the show, I will get you a DC# tomorrow or Weds.

This is just as much fun as playing the lottery. By the time it pays out, you've invested more in it than you win...lol.

In for 3 this year.