• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2006 Cigar Drafts Alpha and Bravo

Ginseng

Banned
I figured folks might not be checking the Pass forums much if at all now that the two drafts are over. However, I thought you guys might like a peek inside the back end of this endeavor. I'll also use this thread to take any specific suggestions or questions anyone (players or non-players) might have.

Here is a shot of the cube cooler where I stored all the sticks. That's 147 sticks in total! The chunky blue and white stuff in the center is my crystal kitty litter humidifiying gunk. :)
DraftSticksInCooler.jpg

Here are all the draft sticks (excluding the Mystery Sticks) rebagged into numbered sleeves, 1-60 for both Alpha and Bravo.
AlphaBravoDraftSticksLineup.jpg

And here is the first of two outgoing bulk shipments. Including the prepaid Click-and-Ship labels was a great convenience and I'd recommend it for future drafts. There are six packages going out to each draft.
FirstDraftShipment.jpg

Wilkey

Holy cow Wilkey! Now thats just awesome!!

No wonder you don't have time to answer your PMs :sign:

Talk about work. I'm glad the prepaid labels worked out. You definitely earned this one, man!! Thanks for the effort, bro.

Why is Marc's box so much smaller. Should we really be publicising that?

Why is Marc's box so much smaller. Should we really be publicising that?
Hehe,

Marc's sticks actually fit comfortably into the smaller USPS PM mailer. Then I decided to just go with the bigger boxes because they were faster to stuff with the bubble wrap and all.

This was a ton of work. There's no getting around that. But I'll say again that it was such a good learning experience and everyone was so pleasant and helpful that it really did roll like a dream. It was alot of fun and I couldn't have done it without CgarDan taking charge of Bravo. 26-hours and 1 minute for 72 picks including Mystery Sticks and Make-A-Deals! Unbelievable!

Wilkey

I had a blast. My wife on the other hand, would have preferred a faster draft.

It would be interesting to see how fast one of these could be done if it was started at a convienient time, and all players had to be present start to finish. I would think, 2-3 hours would probably do it.

Thanks again Wilkey for picking up this ball that was thrown at you and running with it.

Very nice work Wilkey. You have set a new standard for cigar drafts. I think it's safe to say we all owe you big time. :thumbs: Dan did a helluva job running the bravo draft as well.

Well done Wilkey!

If I ever need to have a cigar draft run, I know who to hire. :laugh:

Sweet! You do a hell of a job Wilkey. I hope you had the most fun doing this and would like to see another in the future if it wasn't too much work for you. And maybe if we did the next one between semesters? :whistling:

Thanks man.

And maybe if we did the next one between semesters? :whistling:
I hear ya on that.

I sorted and packed sticks this morning and then ran onto campus to proctor a final exam. While doing that, I downloaded 65 final papers to print and then correct in the next 4 days. Oh and another exam to proctor on Thursday, final grades to enter, blah, blah, blah. This is truly the week from hell.

Wilkey

And maybe if we did the next one between semesters? :whistling:
I hear ya on that.

I sorted and packed sticks this morning and then ran onto campus to proctor a final exam. While doing that, I downloaded 65 final papers to print and then correct in the next 4 days. Oh and another exam to proctor on Thursday, final grades to enter, blah, blah, blah. This is truly the week from hell.

Wilkey

Yep, thank God I've got take home finals for half my courses! What is gonna kill me is next week. I've got to put together my grad school packets. I'm applying to ten schools all of which recieve 1,000-4,000 applicants for their Creative Writing programs and only let 10-15 people in a semester!!! :0

I'm freaking out because they're due by Jan. 1 and I've got to print out at least 10 copies of my thirty page writing sample along with the other crap. God I hope this is worth it. ;)

Wilkey and Dan both did a fantastic job on this. Just looking at the pics is amazing, it's gotta be hard to box them up and let 'em go Wilkey!

Thanks for all the effort you put into this Wilkey. Wihtout you and Dan this would not have been possible.

a suggestion for a future draft. not to be prejudice, but get 10 guys that can all access the internet from work. start it at 10:00 am and it should be done by 5:00.

...just a thought.

That is a lot of work my friend! Just looking at it makes me think about WAR all over again! Never again, Not if you paid me! :laugh: Still one of the most unique ideas in a while(yours not mine) WTG :thumbs:

Wilkey you are a true BOTL! No one could have done a better job, especially keeping us all updated the way you did. Very smoothly done and quikly done as well. Accolades to you and Dan!

Wilkey you are a beast! Thanks again to you and Dan.

This was a bast to take part in wilkey!!!
A huge thanks for running this fellas!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: