• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2008 Releases

The monte sublime should be good, but I'm waiting on the Partagas salamone and the Party EL.

edit to add: I can't forget the Cohiba sublime! Mmm

I missed out on the Cohiba Sublime's. There is no way I am missing out on these monte's.

What is up with so many LE and RE's? I hope they eventually make some smaller ring gauge editions.

The Cohibas will probably be about $1000-1200 for 20....like $50-60 a stick. Also, they are not the same as the EL Sublimes; these new ones are about an inch longer. You can still get the EL Sublimes for ~$40 a piece. Unless you are buying for an investment, I'd rather get the EL Sublimes than these new ones. Just my opinion of course.....

Well one thing is for sure mike, I will not be paying $1,000 for any box of cigars!

Regional Editions
Asia Pacific-Por Larranaga Belicosos Extra 52 x 140 SLB25
Caribbean-Juan Lopez Petit Piramides 50 x 127 B25
Hong Kong-Bolivar Armonia 57 x 184 Humidor with 9
Italy-Punch Diadema 55 x 233 SLB10
Middle East-Ramon Allones Phoenicios 54 x 164 Humidor with 30
Spain-Ramon Allones Grandes 49 x 180 B10 (3.4.3)
Switzerland-Bolivar Legendarios 50 x 155 SLB25
Switzerland-Juan Lopez Maximos 48 x 157 B25
United Kingdom-Punch Piramides 52 x 156 SLB25

Well, there is my shopping list ??? :whistling:

Heya Tim, those Phoenicios sound pretty tasty eh?

Ok MIke, I'm with you. I'm in for the 9 boxes above, split 50/50 with you. Or, are you just window shopping? ???

Brian

Regional Editions
Asia Pacific-Por Larranaga Belicosos Extra 52 x 140 SLB25
Caribbean-Juan Lopez Petit Piramides 50 x 127 B25
Hong Kong-Bolivar Armonia 57 x 184 Humidor with 9
Italy-Punch Diadema 55 x 233 SLB10
Middle East-Ramon Allones Phoenicios 54 x 164 Humidor with 30
Spain-Ramon Allones Grandes 49 x 180 B10 (3.4.3)
Switzerland-Bolivar Legendarios 50 x 155 SLB25
Switzerland-Juan Lopez Maximos 48 x 157 B25
United Kingdom-Punch Piramides 52 x 156 SLB25

Well, there is my shopping list ??? :whistling:

Heya Tim, those Phoenicios sound pretty tasty eh?

Ok MIke, I'm with you. I'm in for the 9 boxes above, split 50/50 with you. Or, are you just window shopping? ???

Brian

Split? Window Shopping? I thought you were supposed to buy all those boxes FOR me? :laugh:

Those are all what I would like to get, but some might be too $$$ or hard to find :(

what do you think the monte's will run per box?

I hate speculating on pricing b/c I'm usually way off, but I'd imagine $200-275 per box/10.

[quote name='Mike33' post='659274' date='Apr 26 2008, 07:16 AM'][quote name='Infinity' post='659269' date='Apr 26 2008, 09:04 AM'][quote name='Mike33' post='655500' date='Apr 21 2008, 09:24 AM'][quote name='tkoepp' post='655476' date='Apr 21 2008, 11:01

Well, there is my shopping list ??? :whistling:[/quote]

Brian
[/quote]

Split? Window Shopping? I thought you were supposed to buy all those boxes FOR me? :laugh:

Those are all what I would like to get, but some might be too $$$ or hard to find :(

[/quote]

You find, I'll "too" the $$$...IOW, make it worth your while...deal?

Brian

I tend to stay away from REs and LEs, but the one LE that really blew me away was the HdM Epicure Especiales. I hoping that the new release will be as good as the LE release.

It's been said elsewhere and I echo the sentiment, I wish they would make their Bolivar blends more punchy. I'm hard pressed to think of an RE Bolivar that I'd choose over a Coronas Gigantes.

If they could pack the age-worthiness of a good Coronas Extra in with the flavor density of a Coronas Junior, cap it with the floral notes from the Lonsdale and then gravy it up with the muscle from the 2006 Royal Coronas, I'd sell my kids to buy as many boxes as I could cram into my basement. :thumbs:

Wilkey

I know Marc (Mark Twain) proposed an interesting concept about a new series of special smokes called the heritage collection. It would be bringing back cigars such as the Partagas Lonsdale and Corona, RA corona and 8-9-8, and other discontinued cigars that are popular in the connoisseur market.

Yes please bring back the RAC!!!! :thumbs:

Price release via another board. French prices in Euros. Will hopefully be cheaper in no tax zones.

Partagas : Série D no 5 en 25 Ed. limitée --- 10,90 272,50 ($16.87 / $421.78)

Hoyo de Monterrey : Epicure Especial --- 11,50 115,00 ($17.79 / $178)

H. Upmann : Magnum 50 --- 13,50 675,00 ($20.89/ $1044 Cab of 50)

Montecristo : Sublimes, en 10 Ed. limitée --- 18,00 180,00 ($27.86 / $278)

Cuaba : Piramides, en 10 Ed. limitée --- 18,00 180,00 ($27.86 / $278)

Ramon Allones : Especial Allones, en 25 Ed. régionale --- 12,00 300,00 ($18.57 / $464.25)

Bolivar : Petit Libertador, en 25 Ed. régionale --- 9,50 237,50 ($14.70 / $367.50)

How many hoyos in a box??? That sucks the montes don't come in 25ers. I'll still get one box.

[/quote]
The Cohibas will probably be about $1000-1200 for 20....like $50-60 a stick.
[/quote]

Anyone who expects the Cohiba Colleccion Sublimes Extra to cost under $2500 is going to be sorely disappointed. The Trinidad book went for $1400. The only vendor I know that still has the Upmann book lists it at $1700. The Sublimes Extra will be significantly pricier, I think, than either of these -- $1000 is not even remotely possible.

Anyone who expects the Cohiba Colleccion Sublimes Extra to cost under $2500 is going to be sorely disappointed. The Trinidad book went for $1400. The only vendor I know that still has the Upmann book lists it at $1700. The Sublimes Extra will be significantly pricier, I think, than either of these -- $1000 is not even remotely possible.

From what I have seen as far as an official release price list for a Europeon country is 1,052 Euros which based on today's exchange rate is ~$1,635. The books will be even less expensive in other countries. I'm sure that there will be vendors charging $2,500 for them and I am sure that people wll pay that. $2,500 would be at the very, very high end of where these things will go for.

Oh and I saw the Trinidad and Upmann go for less than those numbers when they were first being sold.....a lot less for the Upmann.

From what I have seen as far as an official release price list for a Europeon country is 1,052 Euros which based on today's exchange rate is ~$1,635. The books will be even less expensive in other countries. I'm sure that there will be vendors charging $2,500 for them and I am sure that people wll pay that. $2,500 would be at the very, very high end of where these things will go for.

Oh and I saw the Trinidad and Upmann go for less than those numbers when they were first being sold.....a lot less for the Upmann.

You've got better connections than me, Mike. I'm glad these will be affordable (relatively speaking) for some of us.

You've got better connections than me, Mike. I'm glad these will be affordable (relatively speaking) for some of us.

lol......I sure don't have any super secret connections to speak of...in fact I am looking for some if anyone has any :whistling:

I was probably low-balling the original figure. They will be ungodly expensive no matter what, and they are something I could not afford and wouldn't buy even if I could. For the kind of money the "books" go for, I'd rather spend it on vintage stuff or stocking up on Regionals.

The only source I know of that has these is asking $3K, non-intact. I have heard (but have no first-hand knowledge) that other vendors are asking in the $1800 range (to the extent that the books haven't already been snapped up).