• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2021-21 Diplomaticos No. 2 (OEB May 2007)

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I don't know how much over lap the Diplomatico blend and the Montecristo blend have, but I have heard folks say that the Diplomaticos #2 is similar to the Montecristo #2. I don't have one to compare but just this statement had me pretty excited to try a Diplomatico. Again, notice the age! I had discovered Cigar Pass a year prior.
1/3: Vanilla and clove. Wait a second, no it is graham cracker. It is very sweet and delicious.
2/3: I'm getting vinegar but maybe it is dill pickle instead. I can talk myself into thinking its turmeric. This evolves into marshmallow and licorice. Perhaps I can taste some black tea, but that could also be @CigSid influencing me). Regardless, the second third really moved around, which is not something I have experienced through most of these reviews.
3/3: I get wood as soon as we transition into the final third. Actually, I'd say it is oak. A little taste of cashews joins in and this cigars ends on the oak and cashew notes.

I am generally not a fan of belicosos because I am never satisfied with my cut on them. Too little, then too much. However, my cut on this was spot on, and the experience was very nice!43C9639B-FD56-4F04-A0E9-C067A79B0E0C.jpeg

Great job!! (except for the vinegar :() Tasting profile was pretty accurate.

Great review. You are really starting to evolve your palate on these

Sounds tasty! Out of curiosity (and this is a serious question) do you frequently get vinegar from NC cigars or predominantly from CCs?

You need to throw that flavor wheel away in all seriousness Jon. 🙂 It might be good for spirits or wine, but not cigars.

I don’t think anyone has ever gotten vinegar from a cigar.
Thanks for sharing!!!

You need to throw that flavor wheel away in all seriousness Jon. 🙂 It might be good for spirits or wine, but not cigars.

Thanks for sharing!!!
I agree :)

Do the cigars rest against the humidipack in the bag? Wonder if that is rubbing off on the wrapper at all, maybe?

I've figured this out, Bill Clinton use to get vinegar flavor from his cigars... Jon are you smoking them straight from humidor or are you using them for anything else first?

Sounds tasty! Out of curiosity (and this is a serious question) do you frequently get vinegar from NC cigars or predominantly from CCs?
I Haven’t been laying attention to NC’s to near the same level that I am doing to these but as far as I can recall, no. I have not experienced vinegar in NCs that I can recall.

Thanks for sharing!!!
You know, in the name of Science, let’s do that. For the remainder of the cigars that I have in this batch, I will not reference the tasting wheel and see what happens.