• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2021 the Pro’s and the Con’s

All I read was someone saying they were sorry about your loins ..... and you saying it wasn't a typo 😂

Cons:
1. Social media seems to be making more and more Assholes out of people. Even life long friends.
2. My daughter was battling depression and inflicting self harm. Turned out social media and cyber bullying played a huge roll.
3. After 20 some years my marriage to the love of my life ended.
4. Had to sell the house I absolutely loved.
5. I hit rock bottom after a five year opioid pain pill addiction that started as a prescription.
6. Had to move in with my parents because I was literally terrified to be alone (see No.5).

Pros:
1. My daughter got the help she needed. She’s started college and is thriving again.
2. I got the help I needed and feel hopeful. I am still taking it one day at a time.
3. Donella and I have opened up the lines of communication and are “dating” again. We will still get divorced this year, but I am hopeful that the trust I destroyed can be had again.
4. This place! You guys saved my life and most of you don’t even know it. You were all there checking on me and just letting me know you were concerned and there for me. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH YOU MEAN TO ME!!!!
5. I moved in with my parents. What was at first very hard has been a huge blessing. We needed this. Me, them, and my children. If one of them were to pass away right now, I would have no guilt or remorse.
6. My business is thriving! I’m blessed to be very good at what I do. I love it! I have a great professional reputation and am turning work away.
7. For the first time in years I have been practicing self care and not just trying to please everyone else.
8. @CigarStone came back on CigarPass.
9. Jeff and I have gotten together several times this year and planning one for January as I’m typing this hopefully. He’s one of those rare friends we get in life if we’re lucky enough. All thanks to this place!
10. Sent several gifts to my CP brothers. Trust me when I say I get more pleasure out of giving than receiving.
11. I’ve increased my collection substantially and it’s money in the bank as far as I’m concerned. 😎

Cons:
1. Social media seems to be making more and more Assholes out of people. Even life long friends.
2. My daughter was battling depression and inflicting self harm. Turned out social media and cyber bullying played a huge roll.
5. I hit rock bottom after a five year opioid pain pill addiction that started as a prescription.
6. Had to move in with my parents because I was literally terrified to be alone (see No.5).

Pros:
1. My daughter got the help she needed. She’s started college and is thriving again.
2. I got the help I needed and feel hopeful. I am still taking it one day at a time.
3. Donella and I have opened up the lines of communication and are “dating” again. We will still get divorced this year, but I am hopeful that the trust I destroyed can be had again.
4. This place! You guys saved my life and most of you don’t even know it. You were all there checking on me and just letting me know you were concerned and there for me. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH YOU MEAN TO ME!!!!
5. I moved in with my parents. What was at first very hard has been a huge blessing. We needed this. Me, them, and my children. If one of them were to pass away right now, I would have no guilt or remorse.
6. My business is thriving! I’m blessed to be very good at what I do. I love it! I have a great professional reputation and am turning work away.
7. For the first time in years I have been practicing self care and not just trying to please everyone else.
9. Jeff and I have gotten together several times this year and planning one for January as I’m typing this hopefully. He’s one of those rare friends we get in life if we’re lucky enough. All thanks to this place!
10. Sent several gifts to my CP brothers. Trust me when I say I get more pleasure out of giving than receiving.
11. I’ve increased my collection substantially and it’s money in the bank as far as I’m concerned. 😎
John, reading this solidifies why I consider you such a great friend!

You are open, honest, and straight forward, the only way I know! And you have decent cigars once in a while, and you can cook okay!

My brother from a different mother!

@jfields I have gathered that you have sent some of Brian's cigars out.

That makes me feel good!
Yes! Several over the last three or so years to deserving brothers. Not many of them left any more. But, you and I know he wouldn’t have wanted me to keep them all for myself.

John, reading this solidifies why I consider you such a great friend!

You are open, honest, and straight forward, the only way I know! And you have decent cigars once in a while, and you can cook okay!

My brother from a different mother!
I don’t feel like anyone here would pass judgement. It’s an incredible feeling to have that from a group of people. We almost never get that anymore….

Cons:

Pros:

I love this list, brother. All of your cons have been turned into pros. That is no easy task!

Pros:
John’s post
vherf - What a great outlet… made friends for life.
After 15 years of hard work, no vacations, spending our life‘s savings, we have institutional investors interested in our company.
My friend John came down from Seattle to visit, twice
Got Covid, and had no symptoms.
My wife and I are happy together
I still have some cigars left.

Cons:
california
My son, DIL and grandkids decided they do not want us in their lives, because of a misunderstanding.
COVID lockdowns and political BS
My cigar collection has dwindled
Lost several friends to COVID

Pros:
John’s post
After 15 years of hard work, no vacations, spending our life‘s savings, we have institutional investors interested in our company.

Cons:
california
My son, DIL and grandkids decided they do not want us in their lives, because of a misunderstanding.
Never give up trying to put the family relationship back together, it's worth the fight and effort. Sorry you are going through that brother. I pray that their hearts will soften.

Cons:

Pros:

Pros:
John’s post

Cons:
california

Where is the hug emoji, when you need it.

I want to give a big shout out to everyone who shared so far on this. I’ve seen some terrible down sides of 2021. But I’ve seen some amazing great things happen too! It has been echoed by almost everyone so far but you guys here at CP and especially on the VHerf (plug for everyone who hasn’t hopped on Saturday at 8 eastern), y’all have made this year and last, so much more tolerable. So much more tolerable. Y’all are family and I doubt we would see this level of sharing at any other online forum. So back to big claps to all of those who have taken those big steps and shared. Here is to a better 2022!