• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2022-05 Quintero Tubulares (unknown year or code)

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
This is one that I have ended up reviewing the last two times I did these review series. I will link the 2021 below for your amusement. I'll also reference back to last years review as I got through this just to see how right or wrong I was in 2021.
1/3: Imagine that you just opened up a bottle of white vinegar and you took your hand and just wafted the top of the open bottle toward your nose. That plus the smell of a musty basement is what I am getting. (2021 Me said "stone ground wheat crackers, pretzel, nutmeg a little graham cracker and white pepper.")
2/3: The flavor has shifted to some unknown type of sweetness with a little bit of acidity in the background. It almost reminds me of putting some sugar overtop of a grapefruit slice but much more muted in terms of actual noticeable flavors. (2021 Me said "milk chocolate & molasses.")
3/3: Again, the flavor made a detour and now I'm getting some bitterness and some wood. Similar to what you smell when you have a smoldering piece of oak. (2021 Me said "vinegar and mushrooms.")

This leads me to believe one of 3 things. First and probably the most accurate, my palate is so refined that I was able to get through the stone ground wheat, the milk chocolate and the mushrooms and detect the extreme nuances of this cigar. Two, whoever sent this to me, switched the bands. Or three, different year, different crop, different flavor. I'll let you be the judge.

DB7A3554-BAA0-49D6-8C3B-AF923B9460F0.jpeg750A4956-D929-4A6A-B1D4-A7825933B3AC.jpeg

Interesting review.

When ever I smoked quinetero or Vegueros I have never had a consistent experience. If I were to take a guess they might just source what ever tobacco is available for a particular run vs going for consistent quality batch

Curious if @CigSid knows more about their manufacturing process

He probably doesn’t care to know…lol

I’ve noticed as well that you never get a consistent experience with Quintero. I always appreciate them for what they are for the price, but I never expect the heavens to open and the angels to sing when I light one up.

Interesting review.

When ever I smoked quinetero or Vegueros I have never had a consistent experience. If I were to take a guess they might just source what ever tobacco is available for a particular run vs going for consistent quality batch

John @jfields is correct 😂

Quintero is the cheapest Cuban cigar made. Short filler (mostly scraps) and the least experienced rollers. Vegueros are usually much better, made with long filler. Nearly all Cuban smokes are made in and around Havana, but Vegueros cigars are rolled in the Francisco Donatién factory (a former prison) in Pinar del Río. They are in my opinion hit and miss…

John @jfields is correct 😂

Quintero is the cheapest Cuban cigar made. Short filler (mostly scraps) and the least experienced rollers. Vegueros are usually much better, made with long filler. Nearly all Cuban smokes are made in and around Havana, but Vegueros cigars are rolled in the Francisco Donatién factory (a former prison) in Pinar del Río. They are in my opinion hit and miss…
Interesting.

I agree with the others' takes on Quintero -- they are always hit and miss for me. Either I really enjoy the cigar, or I want to toss it.

I second Dan, that was an interesting stick. How was burn and construction?