• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2nd Every Four Years World Cup Contest

Ha.  Yes, somewhat obtuse.  Just trying to be as transparent as possible.  

DOW closed at 16,924.28.  The rightmost digit is 8.  We have an 8.  They are the A group

Members:
B: obmike (Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia)
C: modo22 (Columbia, Greece, Cote d'Ivoire, Japan)
D: thinde (Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy)
E: chiefmd (Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Hondoras)
F: jonesy (Argentina, Bosnia, Iran, Nigeria)
G: tall paul (Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA)
H: brickhouse (Belgium, Algeria, Russia, Korea Republic)
A: ironpeddler (Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Camaroon)

It looks like the favorites are Brazil, Argentina, Germany.  Looks like another year of shipping cigars for me.

edit: to fix missed team

Damn, I was really hoping for Group G!  But it is what it is.

Go Belgium!

F!ck!! No repeat for me. Damn, he worst group possible. None of those teams should even be allowed to advance to the bracket! That sucks, ohh well. Good luck everyone, this will be fun.

They play soccer in Switzerland? Haha at least I'll learn a bit about soccer.

Looks like even a short, gray haired, blind squire finds a nut once in a while! 

My pick this year is Germany....but I'll take Brazil!  :laugh:

ETA: Mike...Spain is a lot of people's dark horse favorite, me included. Don't be too quick to discount your chances bro! But honestly, Germany is stacked this year. 

Soccer is that game where they kick around that black and white ball right?

Paul

Paul,

Yes, that's right. You remember in school when you had to play a game at PE that "all the kids could play" (even those without athletic ability) ? Sure you do. And the choices were kickball and soccer. This hub bub is about soccer, or communist roundball as it is also known.

Cparker

Tank McNamara had an interesting insight into World Cup Football for Americans. Think of it as world class keep away. :whistling:

Doc

Devil Doc said:
Tank McNamara had an interesting insight into World Cup Football for Americans. Think of it as world class keep away. :whistling:

Doc
NOW I get it.

Cparker

Tall Paul said:
Did I win anything yet?
So, I showed my son (who's played in the town and school leagues sence 6 and is now college) my bracket and his response was "you look screwed dad!" We'll see if he knows anything.......