• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

3 Pricks, Giddy Asshats & a Flake pass

Bsneed51 said:
One thing, and I'm just putting this out there because it's my opinion (feel free to disregard it), this is not a newbie pass.  If we are going to debate every single put and take over .50 here, or $1 there, this loses it's fun really quickly and becomes an annoying pain in the ass for everyone involved.   Yes, over puts happen. It's the nature of a pass.  I'm the one CJ was talking about who said "there might be an $8 cigar I can't get, and I have a stock pile of $12 sticks I would trade for it".   That's part of what passes are to me.  I can get opus/anejo/padron, etc.  Others can't.  I can't get Viaje because no shop around me carries them, and I'm not one to go in search of hard to find stuff because most of the time it ends up not being worth it.  With that said, I've never tried a Skull and Bones, but always wanted to.  If it makes it to me in this pass, I would be willing to over put just to have the chance to try one.  It would be no different than is Jonesy offered to trade me one, and said "send whatever you want in trade".  I'd probably dig out something rare/expensive for a chance to try something I can't normally get. 

I've done many passes, so the thrill of just trading to trade is gone for me.  Trading to get something I haven't had, can't get is what passes are about for me now.  Do enough passes and you will probably reach the same point.  Just make sure you're having fun with this, and not making it harder than it needs to be.   These should be enjoyable, not a 4 page discussion over every single person's put and takes.

Rant over.   ???
I agree with this. I would gladly trade $12 dollar stick, that has been in my humi for a year, for an $8 dollar stick I can't get...anywhere. That said I also think that a lot of the discussion on this has assumed that everyone will be overputting by $4 if fldjo starts it off that way. If fldjo was the last person in the trade and suggesting the same P/T  would we be having this debate?

On a separate note to Bsneed51. If the Viaje's make it to me then they won't make it to you. It's nothing personal.

2K6TBSS said:
That was WAY too civil of a response CJ!  :sign:  

You should have heard Gary and I on the phone the first 45 minutes debating the issue before we came to an understanding....it was ugly! :laugh:

Audio playback, or it didn't happen!  :p
Hell, at one point, you may have heard me a state or two away! :blush:

In all honesty guys, there are a lot of "newer" passers in this bunch so we may need to come up with a fixed number so to speak for "rarer" or not readily available cigars. Maybe put a 5% extra value on them unless it's traded for a premium cigar with the same value. A little something to discuss.

This way, we're not having a two page debate everytime someone submits their trades.

...an addendum to my previous post....

Jonesy said:

You should have heard Gary and I on the phone the first 45 minutes debating the issue before we came to an understanding....it was ugly! :laugh:
It wasn't that bad. :laugh:

Damn Gary, I'm trying to solidify my position as one of the three pricks here, and now you try to make me look like a softy!

....wait, I'm fairly certain my position as a prick on CP is fairly solid, so I shouldn't have to worry about this pass! :laugh:

You've actually gotten quite soft Jonesy, I think your title is up for grabs. Charlie is harder than you and that man is the kindest dude I know.

Ok, so perhaps my initial thought of "2 Pricks a pussy & a bunch of asshats" would have fit better?  :rolleyes:

Jonesy said:

In all honesty guys, there are a lot of "newer" passers in this bunch so we may need to come up with a fixed number so to speak for "rarer" or not readily available cigars. Maybe put a 5% extra value on them unless it's traded for a premium cigar with the same value. A little something to discuss.

Is where all this wind in Cali is coming from?

I like the idea of putting a "fixed" number on some of the rarer stuff.  At the same time, I do think this is a good discussion for the people that have not had the opportunity to participate in a pass before.

I know that I have learned a few things already from the "Pricks" about values and my way of seeing P/Ts.

ETA - Hopefully I'm not getting stupidly annoying like the other Jeff on CP...

2K6TBSS said:
ETA - Hopefully I'm not getting stupidly annoying like the other Jeff on CP...
I see a lot of similarities, that's all I'm going to say.

BigBear said:
Ok, so perhaps my initial thought of "2 Pricks a pussy & a bunch of asshats" would have fit better?  :rolleyes:
This is the new and more friendly CP so I try not to show my ass quite as much anymore.

Some may disagree with that statement though!

Eh, if you can't be kind your just an ass... or so I'm told.  :sign:
So to all those that can't get used to it, perhaps they're just needing smacked around a bit more?
You know, the ole Stockholm Syndrome type of thing? Seems to be a lot of them now days.

I do find being kind & having someone take advantage of it, makes beating the hell out of them all the more fun!!  :whistling:

a thought.....

you put an * next to the over put, and it trades at the msrp of the take.

Pass value stays the same in the long run.

Just a random idea

Tim

Alright, it's been over 2 pages since fjldo has chimed in. So what I'd like is for fljdo to read the comments made since his last post, and post his final thoughts and P/Ts.

A lot of great discussion guys, except for you trolls, keep on trolling!

Jonesy said:

Great idea Brian... :cool:

Undegreed said:
One thing, and I'm just putting this out there because it's my opinion (feel free to disregard it), this is not a newbie pass.  If we are going to debate every single put and take over .50 here, or $1 there, this loses it's fun really quickly and becomes an annoying pain in the ass for everyone involved.   Yes, over puts happen. It's the nature of a pass.  I'm the one CJ was talking about who said "there might be an $8 cigar I can't get, and I have a stock pile of $12 sticks I would trade for it".   That's part of what passes are to me.  I can get opus/anejo/padron, etc.  Others can't.  I can't get Viaje because no shop around me carries them, and I'm not one to go in search of hard to find stuff because most of the time it ends up not being worth it.  With that said, I've never tried a Skull and Bones, but always wanted to.  If it makes it to me in this pass, I would be willing to over put just to have the chance to try one.  It would be no different than is Jonesy offered to trade me one, and said "send whatever you want in trade".  I'd probably dig out something rare/expensive for a chance to try something I can't normally get. 

I've done many passes, so the thrill of just trading to trade is gone for me.  Trading to get something I haven't had, can't get is what passes are about for me now.  Do enough passes and you will probably reach the same point.  Just make sure you're having fun with this, and not making it harder than it needs to be.   These should be enjoyable, not a 4 page discussion over every single person's put and takes.

Rant over.   ???
I agree with this. I would gladly trade $12 dollar stick, that has been in my humi for a year, for an $8 dollar stick I can't get...anywhere. That said I also think that a lot of the discussion on this has assumed that everyone will be overputting by $4 if fldjo starts it off that way. If fldjo was the last person in the trade and suggesting the same P/T  would we be having this debate?

On a separate note to Bsneed51. If the Viaje's make it to me then they won't make it to you. It's nothing personal.
Why on Earth would anyone want any Viaje's?  :rolleyes:
Steve, by the way it is pronounced Vi-ahhhh-hey.  Just to answer your question. 

It appears that I have stepped on a few toes with my previous posts.  It was not my intention to upset anyone.

Previous passes that I have been involved in have been much more strick that this one.  I was just trying to get some clarity on over and underputs.

WOW!!!  Fantastic discussion.  Thank you gentlemen.  It's great to hear the various opinions and the philosophies supporting those opinions.  I've read through the thread twice since I posted this morning, and honestly, I'm going to have to read it again! And take notes!  :D

What I do want you to know is that I have not taken anything discussed to date personally.  I understand this is not directed "at me", as opposed to provided "for me", and others as well.

It seems the rarity factor has the widest interpretation for debate.  That being said, I've decided to stay clear of it!  :laugh:

I appreciate everyones concern for me.  I also liked Ironpeddlers idea of making a list of the cigar pass list and knowing their prices.  I will also take his advice of noting average prices of my cigars for future reference and ease of participating in my next pass "undetected"  :sign:

Ok, in a PM with CJ, I asked him if we could stick to the order and I'll go second, so I can get my chit together.   ;)   I hope everyone is ok with that.

Frank

Alright gentlemen, in light of the recent events fjldo would like to step back and reassess his puts and takes. You guys have provided a lot of information and he'd like to step back and do some research for round two. Bluue13, you're up again, let them fly.

As far as overputs and underputs are concerned I believe $0.50 underputs are acceptable and if you're going to overput that's at your discretion. We are all adults here, if you feel like overputting by $0.50 or $50 that's all on you, you can make your own big boy decisions. I'm not encouraging you to raise this to a premium pass, but as long as this list doesn't look like Gary's list I think we will all still have a good time and be able to participate.

So Bluue13, step up to the plate and swing away brother!