• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

3 Pricks, Giddy Asshats & a Flake pass

Good thing Gary isn't impatient!  :p Your 17th, even if it started last week you're still a month out!

Well, reason being...I don't want to die of old age before its my turn. And that is approaching fast!

Take it away Sneedly.....

BigBear said:
Bluue13 is suppose to be posting his Puts & takes tomorrow, at the latest from my understanding.

Hey all!  As I posted in the message thread I've had a busy weekend and haven't had a chance yet to really look at the sticks in play and what I have in my collection.  I'd probably be able to get to it by Tuesday.  If its ok with CJ and you'd rather get it started and moving before that maybe No. 2 can jump in first?  Either way, I'll definitely be able to put up some preliminary choices by Tuesday.

Thanks everyone!

wkoti said:
Everyone, it's up to you. Move Blue to #2 or wait?

Your Pass...your call.

Put on your Big Boy Pants and make a decision....we'll live with it either way.

By the time we vote/you man up and decide, Bluue will probably be ready.

Edited, because Gary said basically the same thing I was going for.

ironpeddler said:
Well, reason being...I don't want to die of old age before its my turn. And that is approaching fast!

I call first spot in your death pass.

Everyone knows what the death pass is right?

Bsneed51 said:

OK, I'll play Ed McMahon here....

No Brent, I don't know what a 'Death Pass' is. Can you please explain it to me?

ironpeddler said:

I don't like you.

It's a simple concept, if some unfortunate incident would occur, you set up predetermined instructions for your cigars to be boxed up and shipped out pass style to your choice of CP members.  Each person "takes" 1-2 cigars, but no "puts" are necessary obviously.   Those cigars are smoked in honor of you, or to celebrate us never having to put up with your crap again(depending on the person.)

My buddies Fatman1267 and Souldog have the instructions for my death pass.  FYI...CJ, you are not on the list. 

With Gary, it would be the celebration of never having to put up with his shit anymore.....

Go ahead Shorty, I'm ready for it!

The Funny thing is, even if you vote on what to do next, CJ will do w/e the fugg he wnats anyway...

I told him "no" last night, but here I am, walking funny in the morning....

YMMV

Tim

We're going to wait, like posted by the time No. 2 gets his list ready Bluue would be ready to roll.

Oh and Gary, Brent and Tim, FU!

MX said:
The Funny thing is, even if you vote on what to do next, CJ will do w/e the fugg he wnats anyway...

YMMV

Tim

I thought you would have learned by now that when CJ "accidently" drops something and asks you to pick it up, you make sure he ISN'T behind you.

Bsneed51 said:

I don't like you.

It's a simple concept, if some unfortunate incident would occur, you set up predetermined instructions for your cigars to be boxed up and shipped out pass style to your choice of CP members.  Each person "takes" 1-2 cigars, but no "puts" are necessary obviously.   Those cigars are smoked in honor of you, or to celebrate us never having to put up with your crap again(depending on the person.)

My buddies Fatman1267 and Souldog have the instructions for my death pass.  FYI...CJ, you are not on the list. 

Sneedly, it'll be tough to divide up 7 cigars to such a demanding crowd...you work that out with my kid after I croak.

Jonesy said:
With Gary, it would be the celebration of never having to put up with his shit anymore..... Go ahead Shorty, I'm ready for it!

Not worth it, it would be like shooting an unarmed man....

2K6TBSS said:

YMMV

Tim

I thought you would have learned by now that when CJ "accidentally" drops something and asks you to pick it up, you make sure he ISN'T behind you.

I guess you guys don't know CJ's name as he's referred to by his family & friends...Christopher "Don't Pick Up the Soap" McGuire?

Strange, I thought everyone knew....

I would tell you to PM Rod and have this moved to the Passes in Progress, you know....if it ever gets in progress.

Damn....last time I looked, I was 17 on the list.  Well, let's get this party started!  Having studied other passes, I presume we p/t 2-3 cigars, so I will start off with 3 suggestions:

P: Kristoff GC Signature Robusto, $9.10........................T: Angelenos Robusto, $9.50

P: Liga Privada No. 9 Corona Doble, ~$15.50................T: Liga Privada Feral Flying Pig, ~$16

P: Bolivar Royal Corona, ~$7.60......................T: RASS, ~$7.40  (CC prices based on box of 25)

If this looks ok, I can probably get this out later today.

Frank

The first two look a bit light.  Usually you want to be within $0.10 - $0.25 in value, especially when the cigar you are putting is less value than the cigar you are taking (known as an underput).  With an overput (the opposite of what was just explained) the rule doesn't really come into play as much.  But you still want to be as close as you can.

I would suggest taking another shot at the first two, but CJ is the owner of the pass, so he has the final say.

2K6TBSS said:
The first two look a bit light.  Usually you want to be within $0.10 - $0.25 in value, especially when the cigar you are putting is less value than the cigar you are taking (known as an underput).  With an overput (the opposite of what was just explained) the rule doesn't really come into play as much.  But you still want to be as close as you can.

I would suggest taking another shot at the first two, but CJ is the owner of the pass, so he has the final say.

Gotcha........I'll have to relook at this later this afternoon.

Frank