• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

3x Contest Post-Whoring Extravaganza (with bonus baby pictures!)

mjolnir01

El Cañón de Latón
As promised in my survey thread (linky), here are the obligatory baby pictures!  Schaefer's a chubber, but already holding his head up like a champ!

gallery_7985_845_22437.jpg

I’ve celebrated three major contest-worthy milestones in the last eight months:  I hit five years on Cigar Pass, I posted my 1000th post, and the aforementioned arrival of my third child.  Recent events have highlighted the fact that this is a very tight community.  I’ve unfortunately only spoken to a few of you on the phone and never once met any of you in person, yet you are all a part of my crazy daily routine.  I’ve said it before, but it bears repeating:  in over five years here, you all have been with me through the arrival of three kids, a promotion, a trans-Atlantic move and two deployments.  I am indebted to each and every one of you all for being a part of it, in a strange, flat-world kind of way.  I now smoke better, drink better and shave better thanks to what I’ve gleaned from you guys’ and gals’ musings here.  Dare I even say I'm a better person thanks to you all?  At any rate... I think it’s high time I send out some sticks!

This will be three contests within this thread.  A fiver will be the prize for each.  The fivers will each contain a decent selection of dog rockets to include some that are special for various reasons over my time here.  The contests will be search/google-fu scavenger hunts and open to all members in good standing (no ass-hats) who joined prior to 15 Jan 14.  I’m going to limit it to only one prize per winner as I’d like to spread the love as wide as I can, so to speak.

Scavenger Hunt 1, for five years plus of not getting myself banned (fiver featuring a La Flor Dominicana Outlaw Custom ’08)
Posted:  02 Mar 14
Winner:  Caesar (CMontoya79)
Shipped:  10 Mar 14, DC# 9114 9011 5981 8709 2873 69

Scavenger Hunt 2, for 1000 posts in only 5 ½+ years (fiver featuring an Illusione Epernay Le Matin)
Posted:  04 Mar 14
Winner:  Michael (whylieineedacigar)
Shipped:  10 Mar 14, DC# 9114 9011 5981 8709 2873 52

Scavenger Hunt 3, for Baby Schaefer’s arrival (fiver featuring a JUL 12 Vegas Robaina Unicos from the baby-box)
Posted:  08 Mar 14
Winner:  Tom (tomthirtysix)
Shipped:  10 Mar 14, DC# 9114 9011 5981 8709 2873 76

This original post will be kept updated with the status of the contests, winners, etc.  I hope you guys and gals have fun with this.

Congrats on all that is good in life Barry! He's a looker! Thanks for sharing pics of him.

Scavenger Hunt 1, for five years plus of not getting myself banned.  The prize for whoever searches the best will be a fiver of cigars featuring a La Flor Dominicana Outlaw Custom ’08, which was one of my first purchases here.

1.  What cigar did I first review on Cigar Pass?

2.  Which manufacturer/factory, according to Dan (MadMonk) used to have a following similar to what Tatuaje enjoys today?

3.  Who did Bruce (NullSmurf) tease about foil hats?

4.  Which retailer caused a bit of a stir on the forum by “announcing Padilla’s demise” in 2008?

5.  And speaking of Padillas… which member posted the “best” review of the ’68 Series Robusto?

Congratulations on these milestones and life events. Thanks for sharing pics of your child. Thanks for the contests.

Peace,

C

Congrats all around buddy.  How pathetic is it that I know 3 of the 5 answers without searching?

Congratulations - a beautiful looking child. Enjoy the celebration!

Barry congrats buddy!!

MoeCizlak said:
Congrats all around buddy.  How pathetic is it that I know 3 of the 5 answers without searching?

Pretty pathetic.  Go tip some cows or something

Thanks, fellas! 

Come on guys, especially newbs-- exercise your search-fu!  I'm smoking one of the Outlaw '08s right now... it's mellowed substantially over the years, but it's offering up some unique spices and flavors.  If you want a hard to find stick, this is it!

Rob's (indyrob) take on it (linky)

Greg's (Kingantz) review (linky)

More on the LFD Outlaw releases (2007 vs 2008)

MoeCizlak said:

Clint, that doesn't surprise me at all, actually.  Those final three where pretty memorable when they happened.  I hate to focus on the negative with #4, but that happened as I began lurking here.  As far as #5, I plan on burning my last '68 this July in honor of his birthday... that thread still makes me laugh all these years later.

Los, you'll eat those words when I whoop you in Dominos in August!

C'mon people, this is a great contest with a great prize.  Rumor has it Barry is upping the ante to include a case of Westy. :)  And if nothing else, you'll get to read a post that belongs on the Mt. Rushmore of CP in your search.

Ooh... a Padilla 6'8.... :D

Seriously new guys... Even though I knew 4 without search (take THAT, Clint!) finding the answer to the 5th didn't take long. If you guys don't hurry up and start chiming in, I'm going to take the prize.

mjolnir01 said:
Scavenger Hunt 1, for five years plus of not getting myself banned.  The prize for whoever searches the best will be a fiver of cigars featuring a La Flor Dominicana Outlaw Custom 08, which was one of my first purchases here.
 What the hey... My guesses below:

1.  What cigar did I first review on Cigar Pass?
Man o war.

2.  Which manufacturer/factory, according to Dan (MadMonk) used to have a following similar to what Tatuaje enjoys today?
Rocky Patel

3.  Who did Bruce (NullSmurf) tease about foil hats?
 Vudu09 Dion G of illusione
4.  Which retailer caused a bit of a stir on the forum by announcing Padillas demise in 2008?
Holt's

5.  And speaking of Padillas which member posted the best review of the 68 Series Robusto?
Kingantz

To steal from the infamous tone-ny...
Did I win?

C

Edit stupid auto correct.

mjolnir01 said:
Scavenger Hunt 1, for five years plus of not getting myself banned.  The prize for whoever searches the best will be a fiver of cigars featuring a La Flor Dominicana Outlaw Custom ’08, which was one of my first purchases here.

1.  What cigar did I first review on Cigar Pass? Man O' War Torpedo, 6.1x54

2.  Which manufacturer/factory, according to Dan (MadMonk) used to have a following similar to what Tatuaje enjoys today? Dona Flor http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/63530-dona-flor/

3.  Who did Bruce (NullSmurf) tease about foil hats? vudu9 http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/43212-hello-from-tatuaje/page-7

4.  Which retailer caused a bit of a stir on the forum by “announcing Padilla’s demise” in 2008? Holt's http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/45474-holts-announces-padillas-demise/

5.  And speaking of Padillas… which member posted the “best” review of the ’68 Series Robusto? Beard of Zues http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/39841-padillaa-68-robusto/
  Congrats!

grateful1 said:

1.  What cigar did I first review on Cigar Pass? Man O' War Torpedo, 6.1x54

2.  Which manufacturer/factory, according to Dan (MadMonk) used to have a following similar to what Tatuaje enjoys today? Dona Flor http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/63530-dona-flor/

3.  Who did Bruce (NullSmurf) tease about foil hats? vudu9 http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/43212-hello-from-tatuaje/page-7

4.  Which retailer caused a bit of a stir on the forum by “announcing Padilla’s demise” in 2008? Holt's http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/45474-holts-announces-padillas-demise/

5.  And speaking of Padillas… which member posted the “best” review of the ’68 Series Robusto? Beard of Zues http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/39841-padillaa-68-robusto/
  Congrats!

Thanks, Gary... and great use of the search function.  (newbs, that's how you do it!) 

4/5... hint on #2:  the manufacturer/factory I'm looking for is now closed with production of its well-known cigars moved to another factory.  It's patriarch passed away recently.  Dan's professed his love for what these guys used to make, as have I, in a handful of threads.  Just coincidental that Dan and I also really enjoyed Dona Flors for the brief time they were around.

Edited to add... in case anyone was concerned, Bruce and Dion hugged it out with no further animosity.

CMontoya79 said:
1) man o war
2)villazon
3)dion G
4)holts
5) Beard of Zeus
DING-DING-DING!  Caesar wins round one!  I'll get your prize on its way soon.  Everyone else, standby for Scavenger Hunt 2 sometime today.