• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

4 Stages of the Cigar Smoker

Absolutely flat out in stage 2.....except now i have two coolers and a 100ct humidor....oh wait--- forgot the 3 other 20cts :laugh: :whistling:

I'd say I'm definitely a stage 2 and stepping over into stage 3 every now and then. Saving up money for box purchases, unless i get a dog then all money will be spent on him. But if that falls through i will be buying a few boxes in the near future.

Stage "F"

Definitely stage "F" for totally "fugged!"

Wilkey

That's hilarious bro.

I just moved in with stage 3, and I'm trying to hide the whole thing from my wife. At some point, I'm going to be really really f$#%ed.

Here's a great topic: What do you do when your wife looks at you and says, how many cigars do you have in that cooler anyway? Ahhhhhh, gulp. Most of them are cheap bundles honey.

That's hilarious bro.

I just moved in with stage 3, and I'm trying to hide the whole thing from my wife. At some point, I'm going to be really really f$#%ed.

Here's a great topic: What do you do when your wife looks at you and says, how many cigars do you have in that cooler anyway? Ahhhhhh, gulp. Most of them are cheap bundles honey.

TFF Mick!! ....only because I'm in the same boat as you. :laugh:

I don't fit into any of those 100%. :)

*edit* but after rereading it again I'm a 95% a 3 and because I still buy lots of singles to try... 5% a 1 :sign:

Which stage is, he mortagages the house to buy cigars and does not tell his wife and he has five cooliders hidden around the house so she can't find them? :laugh:

Defintiely stage three! Working on a few of the criteria on #4.

LMFAO! I think my wife turns a blind eye to some of my impulse cigar purchases, and pretends she does not know. While I turn a blind eye to her shoe purchases. She has more than Imeldia Marcos :laugh:

"Where did you get those shoes honey?" .........................."Oh, I've had them." :rolleyes:

I am the typical American 33 year old male

2nd wife
2.3 kids
stage 1.75

Tim

snip...While I turn a blind eye to her shoe purchases. She has more than Imeldia Marcos :laugh: ...snip

I regularly tell my wife she has a bad case of SAD (Shoe Aquisition Disorder)

Definately a 4. Hell, I'm starting show early signs of Stage 5.... :laugh:

I have noticed that there are four stages of cigar smokers. Here they are:

STAGE ONE

Buying singles and samplers and the occasional 5 pack. Trying everything. Found the BB's online and has joined at least two. May think that Cuban cigars are illegal in the US because "they got weed in them". Can't quite bring themselves to drop the big $$$ on a super premium because . . . "how much better can they really be?" Thinks Thompsons has really great deals! Buys a 50 count desktop humi because he/she cannot possibly imagine having more than 50 cigars at once. What is a coolerdore? Finds out that you can use cat litter and anti-freeze to maintain humidity.

STAGE TWO

Is begining to spend a lot of time online in BB's and sticking with mostly one site. Buying mostly 5/10/15 packs. May buy singles but will generally buy a couple of the same one. Beginning to refine their personal tastes. Looking at boxes and super premiums wanting to pull the trigger. Receives 2 or 3 cigar catalogs a month. Has discoved the bain of their existence and checkbook . . . CigarBid and CigarAuctioneer. Has bought another desktop humi because everyone was right that the 50 ct. was way too small. Heartfelt beads are awsome!

STAGE THREE

Will buy a single at his local shop to smoke but buys mostly boxes and bundles. Will buy fivers if a good deal comes around. Has his/her favorites now. Will not smoke low end cigars. Has subscriptions to at least one cigar related magazine. Tends to purchase more cigars but fewer individual brands. Now realizes that Thompsons is the $3 crack-whore of the cigar industry. Has dreams of one day having a smoking room in the house.

STAGE FOUR

Knows what he/she likes and smokes only a few select cigars. Has a cooler (or two) and many humidors. Buys more than one box at a time. Is generally referred to as a FOG on the internet BB. Has more cigars than he/she could smoke in 2 lifetimes. Has begun drafting plans (or building) a smoking room in the house. Is a resource for all others in the hobby to find out information. Can sniff out a troll on the BB within two posts. Spends more on cigars than food.

So what do you all think? Did I forget anything?

By the way I am fully in Stage 2 and stepping into Stage 3 in some respects. How about you?

I'm probably stage 5...

I built a large humidor (250 sq ft) and stocked it with over 25,000 cigars and a smoking room (400 sq ft), but it's open to the public...

I call it Blue Havana II Cigars & Gifts! :sign:

Jim

So progression to a full blown Stage 5 means you're now contagious, and spreading the obsession to the general public :p

hmm im going to say 3-4. Although I dont see that smokeing room comming anytime soon :( .

Well, I ain't no FOG, and I won't have a smoking room while my wife is still alive and married to me (unless I build my out-back smoke shack). So I guess I am a solid 3.

"Where did you get those shoes honey?" .........................."Oh, I've had them." :rolleyes:
So true! :laugh:

Wilkey

Yep!  Anytime she says "So just how many cigars DO you have these days?"  I just reference the boxes and boxes of shoes we just moved to our new place.  Honestly how the hell is she ever going to even wear those things?  They are like relics of an ancient civilization or something

Oh and I am a 3 but I do still buy singles (just usually stuff you can't find in boxes very easily)