• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

4th post contest! 1000 empty cigar boxes...

Build a fort or a castle.

I am the king of 'castle stogie'. :laugh:

donate them to a local elementary school. One of my most memorable farts and craps projects was gluing seashell pasta to the top of the box, painting the whole thing gold, then lining the inside with green felt. Gave it to my mother as a jewelery box - she still has it some 40+ years later. As I recall, there were just enough boxes to go around.

Pick a wall, in a room in your house and glue them like wallpaper.

1000 boxes?! :0

You could build a bridge to Cuba! :thumbs:

Could really get creative by turning them into a insulated kegerator. That is off course you know refrigeration. Or make them into a bar.

I would suggest the following: Obtain a large canvas and turn the cigar boxes into a work of art that best expresses your emotions, your personal experiences and times in your life that each cigar vitola reminds you of and create a montage with pictures of events in your life that each cigar brings you back to. Use the boxes as a scaffold on the canvas. Layer the boxes, pictures of your friends, family coworkers over a canvas base that embodies the spirit of you. Meld cigar history, personal experiences that a cigar has helped encapsulate, and your imagination into a piece that mixes the 3 dimensionality of an Alexander Calder, the spontaneity of a Jackson Pollock and the history of cigars with your life. Let the canvas take up an entire wall that can serve as an exhibit and a witness to your passion for cigars and also to your family history and personal experiences. The beauty about a project like that is the leeway for all creativity. You can paint parts of cigar boxes, past parts of boxes together around photographs, cut other parts of boxes and create hybrid boxes, varnish some and make others matt and layer things to create a 3 dimensional mosaic of you and who you are. Anyone can make a cigar room with boxes or build furniture or a humidor, but this would set you apart and let you tell a story and share that story with a great many people. Because in the end, it's not just rolled tobacco that we enjoy, but it's the sum of experiences that we share over cigars, family and friends. It would be a huge time investment, but in the end, it might be fun, informative, meaningful and unlike anything anyone has created.

Take them all apart, then put them back together as one HUGE cigar box! Put down a little bedding and you got yourself I nice getaway from the wife ! :laugh:

connoiseur29 said:
I would suggest the following: Obtain a large canvas and turn the cigar boxes into a work of art that best expresses your emotions, your personal experiences and times in your life that each cigar vitola reminds you of and create a montage with pictures of events in your life that each cigar brings you back to. Use the boxes as a scaffold on the canvas. Layer the boxes, pictures of your friends, family coworkers over a canvas base that embodies the spirit of you. Meld cigar history, personal experiences that a cigar has helped encapsulate, and your imagination into a piece that mixes the 3 dimensionality of an Alexander Calder, the spontaneity of a Jackson Pollock and the history of cigars with your life. Let the canvas take up an entire wall that can serve as an exhibit and a witness to your passion for cigars and also to your family history and personal experiences. The beauty about a project like that is the leeway for all creativity. You can paint parts of cigar boxes, past parts of boxes together around photographs, cut other parts of boxes and create hybrid boxes, varnish some and make others matt and layer things to create a 3 dimensional mosaic of you and who you are. Anyone can make a cigar room with boxes or build furniture or a humidor, but this would set you apart and let you tell a story and share that story with a great many people. Because in the end, it's not just rolled tobacco that we enjoy, but it's the sum of experiences that we share over cigars, family and friends. It would be a huge time investment, but in the end, it might be fun, informative, meaningful and unlike anything anyone has created.
[snapback]298056[/snapback]​

Too much work and thought

Make the furniture

j/k..... don't take it seriously

connoiseur29 said:
I would suggest the following: Obtain a large canvas and turn the cigar boxes into a work of art that best expresses your emotions, your personal experiences and times in your life that each cigar vitola reminds you of and create a montage with pictures of events in your life that each cigar brings you back to.  Use the boxes as a scaffold on the canvas.  Layer the boxes, pictures of your friends, family coworkers over a canvas base that embodies the spirit of you.  Meld cigar history, personal experiences that a cigar has helped encapsulate, and your imagination into a piece that mixes the 3 dimensionality of an Alexander Calder, the spontaneity of a Jackson Pollock and the history of cigars with your life.  Let the canvas take up an entire wall that can serve as an exhibit and a witness to your passion for cigars and also to your family history and personal experiences.  The beauty about a project like that is the leeway for all creativity.  You can paint parts of cigar boxes, past parts of boxes together around photographs, cut other parts of boxes and create hybrid boxes, varnish some and make others matt and layer things to create a 3 dimensional mosaic of you and who you are.  Anyone can make a cigar room with boxes or build furniture or a humidor, but this would set you apart and let you tell a story and share that story with a great many people.  Because in the end, it's not just rolled tobacco that we enjoy, but it's the sum of experiences that we share over cigars, family and friends.  It would be a huge time investment, but in the end, it might be fun, informative, meaningful and unlike anything anyone has created.
[snapback]298056[/snapback]​

Sounds like someone wishes they had 1000 cigar boxes ???
My vote goes towars offering Con a price, assuring your place in art history:thumbs:

Thanks for all the great ideas. The winner has been announced.

Good choice. I think they'd make a great ashtray stand! :thumbs: