• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

5 Card Draw Pass

Outstanding - the sticks deserve a nice spring break! What do you have in store for them, Loren?

What do I have store for them? muuhahahahaha... :D I've looked at the sticks and some of the sticks have been shook up a little so some flaking of the wrappers have taken place but nothing bad, yet. I've also eyed a couple of them but havent decided since I have an extended amount of time to sit and think on what I will have for puts-n-takes. :D

Okay Loren, no big rush obviously, but post your P&T's before the sticks get too bored ;)

I sent a proposed P&T to ya since I had to write a PM to ya anyways.

Thanks Loren - I'll take a look at your pm and get back to you this evening or most likely tomorrow.

Withdrew because of my proposed stick wasnt good enough and its over a $7 cigar. But its all good since I am now officially done with passes. I'm open for pm's to give exact details to this decision if I have to describe the whole incident. Either way, just waiting for the Maryville boys to come get it.

Loren,

The hell with pm's - I tried to handle this with you privately, but you made the decision to make this public. Therefore, since I believe you have made a gross error in judgment, let's put it out there for everyone to see.

This is a pattern for you. The last pass you were in you withdrew from as well for questionable reasons. Instead of blaming passes and the hosts of the passes, perhaps you should take a long look in the mirror. I do agree with you on one thing though, you probably ought to be done with passes (although I think I remembering you stating that before).

Secondly, the cigar you proposed can easily be bought for $2.75-$3.00 irregardless of how much you paid for it. I told you that I didn't think that it was equitable with a AF Hemingway Best Seller. Therefore, I didn't think it was a good decision as the pass host to tell you that your plays were fine when I saw an inequitable P&T. Nothing was dictated to you and I would have been completely open for discussion if you would have chosen that route instead of this one.

It's very unfortunate that it had to come to this, Loren, because this all could have been avoided with better communication.

If you're wondering what the proposed P&T's were, I copied it below. This is the first propsed set of P&T's that I have ever seen presented like this before. Not only is specific information missing about the cigars, but a little review of one of the cigars is included for some reason, and it is not clear which P goes to which T. At any rate, here it is:

I've looked at the list and saw 2 sticks that may interest me.

The AF Short Story and Best Seller. I have a HdN Antano and a Don Lino Africa cigar. The Antano is the same size as the Padron 3000 with some wonderful tooth on it. The Africa was is a Torpedo or Belicoso. I cant remember. Just let me know if these are good.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you. But if you can get the same exact sticks for under $3, more power to you.

Yes, Loren, anyone can - just do a quick search and you'll find them to exist in abundance in the $3 price range.

At any rate, Loren has made a decision and although I don't agree with it, I will respect it and hopefully others will do the same.

Let's just move on!! ;)

Okay then, Jeff and Drew should be returning from Spring Break in a couple of days so the pass should be wrapped up by next week. THEN we've got cards to play, boys! :thumbs:

I'd just like to note that when looking at puts and takes, as it has been discussed around a million times on this board, you have to compare basic prices from one source. For example msrp to msrp, or find the two cigars at the same store. Just because you may have found something "on sale" or gotten it cheap from c-bid doesn't mean that from now on that is the gold standard for the price. How about from now on I start using the price that Opus X go for on c-bid too. Then I can just about take any cigar I want out of a pass! And I'm just using c-bid as an example of where often cigars are found cheaper, I'm not trying to put words in anyone's mouth.

I'd just like to note that when looking at puts and takes, as it has been discussed around a million times on this board, you have to compare basic prices from one source. For example msrp to msrp, or find the two cigars at the same store. Just because you may have found something "on sale" or gotten it cheap from c-bid doesn't mean that from now on that is the gold standard for the price. How about from now on I start using the price that Opus X go for on c-bid too. Then I can just about take any cigar I want out of a pass! And I'm just using c-bid as an example of where often cigars are found cheaper, I'm not trying to put words in anyone's mouth.

I agree with you Gonz, and that is precisely what I've done every time I've been in a pass as well as the host of this pass. I usually compare multiple vendors who carry the same cigars just to make sure that prices are in line.

At any rate... we're moving on!!!! That little episode is behind us and more important stuff is ahead - LIKE A POT OF CIGARS TO A LUCKY BASTARD!!!

I think orangeman has been more than fair and very helpful in this pass,now lets get ready to play poker and sent me my big bag of cigars :sign:

Ok guys, we'll get this thing rolling here really soon. Here are my proposed P/Ts:

P: Bolivar 2005 Blend robusto (crystal)
T: AF Best Seller

P: ST Dupont Corona
T: Camacho Monarca Maduro

P: Partagas Black Maximo (tube)
T: AF Short Story

Let me know of any discrepancy!

Hey Jeff - I assume you're planning on picking the box up from Loren very soon, correct? Fill me in, if you would, on when you expect to have everything in hand. I just want to keep track of where it is and when we can expect to get started playing some cards. Thanks -

I'll plan on going to get it later on tonight...he said after 9 was best so. As long as my P/T's are approved...DREW post yours and we can get this thing out tommorrow.