• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

50 Pizzas 50 States

Had Frank Pepes in CT Today actually. BEST PIZZA I have had in a very long time, The original is in New Haven, But they just opened a new one 1 mile down the road from my work. Great stuff!

I've eaten at Hideaway, in Oklahoma.  It started at my alma mater, OkState in Stillwater and they've opened multiple locations.  It's great pizza, but I think there are multiple other pizza places just as good, if not better.

extremeXconcepts said:
Had Frank Pepes in CT Today actually. BEST PIZZA I have had in a very long time, The original is in New Haven, But they just opened a new one 1 mile down the road from my work. Great stuff!

One of my favorite pizzas too! I always have bacon with extra sauce and a Peroni beer

Beaujo's pizza, their mountain pies really are something else, and you dip the crust in honey for dessert. You have the option of a regular crust, but nah the mountain deep dish pies are where it's at!

Doc I have been to 900 Degrees many times and actually know the guy that started the restaurant a few years back I think he sold or started a partnership. I did a lot of the HVAC when they refurbished the building for the pizzeria including the brick oven flues and exhaust system. They just opened another location out in Epping in that new plaza off Exit 7 of 101. Friends of ours just moved out there so we can't wait to compare the two locations. 

You can also be sure that I have eaten a Regina's in the north end once or twice... ;)  

Growing up in the greater Boston area then moving to NH in middle school I have always struggled to find great pizza in NH like you get in Boston however I would not put the crown on Regina's for the best pizza in Boston. Its defiantly the most popular to tourists and people that don't know the area and are scared to travel outside of the tourist areas of the city. There is a place in East Boston called Santarpio's hands down the best pizza in Boston. As a kid my family would go there every Saturday night and back then they didn't even have menu's. They had pizza and bbq (lamb tips or Italian sausage) that grilled over an open pit behind the bar. Its a dark gloomy place filled with regulars and every Friday and Saturday night there is a line around the corner. I still take my wife down there about twice a year for some real pizza. 

If you are ever in the area stop in you won't be dissapointed!

Paul

Buddy's in Michigan is great, but in my opinion it doesn't hold a candle to Pizzapapalis

Lots of tasty looking pizza!!

I've had #39 Via Via in Newport.  Pretty good but my left arm would have been good at that point in the evening.  Perhaps I over-served myself....  not the best judge at that point.

#23 is my families pizza mainstay here in Minneapolis (along with Leaning Tower).  They have some really unique pies and great crust.  They do an "Oktoberfest" pizza in the fall with homemade fennel sausage, homemade sauerkraut and a horseradish aioli drizzled over the top that is sensational. 

I hope #7 has looked into Samuel L. Jackson to do some ads.  "MMMmmmm!  That IS a tasty slice of pizza!"

I have eaten Pizano's pizza several times here in Chicago and I love it! I usually only order cheese or pineapple pizza, but both are excellent. I find that the cornmeal crust really makes the pizza stand out. Highly recommended to anyone who lives in the area or will be passing through.

I also ate a lot of Imo's Pizza while I was away at college in Missouri. Good pizza with a unique taste.

Beau Jo's Pizza in Boulder is damn good. I make it a point to stop in when I'm in town. 

In the Bronx - Full Moon Pizza on 187th & Arthur Ave

In Boston - Regina's in the North End

Light this! said:
In the Bronx - Full Moon Pizza on 187th & Arthur Ave

In Boston - Regina's in the North End
So we need to go to Santarpios then...

Moose's Tooth in Anchorage has some great pizza choices, and great beer selection.  Really enjoyed it.  Did NOT try The Avalanche. 

Beau Jo's in Fort Collins, CO was awesome.  Again, good beer choice in Fort Collins.

Another Beau Jo's fan here.  Totally unique and really delicious.

Trying to pick one good pizza joint in Jersey is like trying to pick the prettiest girl in a beauty contest...so many to choose from. I've eaten at Marino's and their sauce is good, as is their thin crust pie...that steak & potato thing is not a pizza...too much sh*t on it to call it a pizza. Pizza to me is the traditional crust, sauce, cheese.

Now Di Fara's in Brooklyn, that IS good pizza...the ingredient are all top shelf. Their Margarita pizza is fabulous! Vine rippened tomatoes, scissor cut basil, fresh mozzarella in the water...really good stuff. But there's a place around the corner from them, I can't remember their name, it's a bar and was recommended to me by a customer (I'll have to get the name next time I'm there) and their pizza was incredible too.

Between NY & NJ...you are in the Pizza Capital of the World!...so many great places you can't count.

It ain't a pizza unless it has anchovies, besides you can drink more beer when it's made with them. Did someone mention pineapple on Pizza? The genius who thought up that bright idea ought to be strung up.

Doc

Well, I haven't eaten at any of them, but NOW I'm really in the mood for pizza!  :blush:

The Texas entry is bullshit.  Sure, there's the regional novelty factor, but that crap's just Taco Bell on dough.  Find me a place here that serves a smoked brisket pizza from a wood-fired oven and we'll talk Texan.

I lived in Spokane, on the other side of the state from Seattle when I was in Washington.  There's TWO great, great pizza joints there---David's, which started as a by-the-slice hole in the wall downtown, and Rock City Grill, which was an expansion location for a Seattle pizzeria.  David's does this amazing "Pizza a la David" with roasted bell pepper, freshly made pesto, and mascarpone. Incredible.  Rock City's signature pie was the "East Meets West" . . . one side buffalo chicken with spicy bbq sauce, the other side Thai marinated shrimp with peanut satay sauce.

~Boar

Some interesting pies, some disgusting (NJ). I'm not sure what the criteria was for the picks, but my favorite is the double-deck-a-roni at Old Chicago.