• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

720 Pipe Baccy Pass

Packing this up. Is this going back to you, Justin?

Puts:
Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake
Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake
JF Germain Balkan Sobranie
McConnell Scottish Cake

Takes:
Watch City Slices
Peterson Holiday 2015

Packing this up. Is this going back to you, Justin?

Puts:
Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake
Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake
JF Germain Balkan Sobranie
McConnell Scottish Cake

Takes:
Watch City Slices
Peterson Holiday 2015
Yep

Thanks everyone for playing!

This was great, Justin! Thanks again! Tons of fun and a great way to experience some new blends! We should definitely revisit this someday 😎

Had a great time passing this around.
Everyone did a great job of keeping it moving and keeping it filled with good stuff.

Brewed up a pot of coffee yesterday for staff meetings so we could all have a break from the janitorial blend. Honestly, it's more acidic than I personally prefer, but it's a nice coffee for sure and everyone enjoyed it. Thanks Greg!

Brewed up a pot of coffee yesterday for staff meetings so we could all have a break from the janitorial blend. Honestly, it's more acidic than I personally prefer, but it's a nice coffee for sure and everyone enjoyed it. Thanks Greg!

I wonder if water hardness plays a hand in perceived acidity/alkalinity of coffee?

I wonder if water hardness plays a hand in perceived acidity/alkalinity of coffee?
Maybe? I also used a drip brewer, which I never use except with the janitorial blend at work.

ETA: I also think I'm just really sensitive to it, as more often than not, when I stray from my go to's I find them too acidic. Mostly an Americano drinker at this point, which most espresso doesn't seem to give me the acidity.

Weird, my wife and I thought the acidic was low and enjoyed it as a breakfast Coffee. I saved some, maybe I'll brew it up again this weekend and see if maybe its changed any

When I brewed it up I used my french press. It was nice stuff. Fairly light with a pronounced caramel essence, in my opinion. Thanks for the beans, Greg!

Not acidic? Curious now if it was my taste buds or brewing process.
I don't remember getting that impression, and brews tend to taste a tad more acidic out of a French press.

What's your normal brew routine, Justin? Typically I use a drip machine, sometimes a French press. I always buy beans and grind using a burr grinder along with filtered water.

I don't remember getting that impression, and brews tend to taste a tad more acidic out of a French press.

What's your normal brew routine, Justin? Typically I use a drip machine, sometimes a French press. I always buy beans and grind using a burr grinder along with filtered water.
Mostly Americano in a cheapo espresso maker or Cubacito with the stovetop espresso maker. If it's non-espresso, usually pour over, sometimes French press. Burr grinder, well water that is pretty hard.

Did some research on water chemistry and coffee, and seems more likely that I'm just sensitive to it, which is probably why I prefer espresso. Wonder if what most people perceive as fruity seems acidic to me?

Mostly Americano in a cheapo espresso maker or Cubacito with the stovetop espresso maker. If it's non-espresso, usually pour over, sometimes French press. Burr grinder, well water that is pretty hard.

Did some research on water chemistry and coffee, and seems more likely that I'm just sensitive to it, which is probably why I prefer espresso. Wonder if what most people perceive as fruity seems acidic to me?

Wonder if this could be it. Its a medium roast which in general is going to be more acidic in nature than a dark roast, but as with anything, difference in taste is why we all enjoy different coffee blends and styles.

I'm happy to read all of your thoughts on the beans!

Wonder if this could be it. Its a medium roast which in general is going to be more acidic in nature than a dark roast, but as with anything, difference in taste is why we all enjoy different coffee blends and styles.

I'm happy to read all of your thoughts on the beans!

I just want to know how much for 5# roasted and shipped? 😜