• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

999th Post contest!

Dr. Marneaus

I drive a station wagon
Well, I realized this weekend that I was approaching the 1000 mark, so I might as well have a contest to give back to the community that has given to me numerous times over the past few years.

Not only have I reached a milestone, but I just secured a job as well! I've been unemployed for 8 months now, but the future looks good. So, I'm celebrating and spreading the good cheer!

The winner will receive a Colibri Lighter and Leather Cigar Holder gift set! Set is unused, and the lighter was only tested to ensure that it works before sending it off.

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

Alrighty....here's the contest. Rules first though.

-Must be a member in good standing, and must actively contribute to the board.
-If it's too difficult, I'll offer up another picture or hint, and you may make another guess, kind of like starting a new round.
-1 guess per member per portion of the contest. (per hint or picture that I post).
-I only altered the sign on the building so this wont be too easy.

Okay...I am going to post a picture and I want you to tell me what the significance of the building pictured is. There is some significant history to the building, but I'm looking for a SPECIFIC factor of it's history. I will not tell you the name of the building, nor the location or any other information about it. More hints will be offered as time goes on, if needed.

I know that's kind of vague, but I want it to be a little more difficult....so have at it! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hints posted here:
The significance of the building has nothing to do with ME, or MY LIFE. I just snapped the pic because of what the building is.

What is the significance of the building pictured below?
contestpic2.jpg

I really need a new lighter and I have no idea..

How about it was Benny Binions office?

No idea on the building, but looks interesting. Congrats on the milestone!

Don't have a clue, but congrats on the milestone! :thumbs:

The first building with fire escapes? Congrats on the new job

First building leaped over by Superman in "a single bound"?

Thanks for the contest, and congratulations!

Thanks for the congratulations!

So far, no one is close!

I'll post up a hint tomorrow if there are no winners tonight.

Congrats on getting the job! Hope it is all you hope for and more!

Congrats on the milestone. The significance is that you will be landscaping the structure???

First picture you took with your new Canon PowerShot 780.

Congrats!

I'm gonna guess that building is where your new job is.

None so far!

Here, I guess this is a lot harder than I expected, hahaha. Finally one of my contests didn't end in like 30 seconds.

I'll offer this up for the evening folks:

The significance of the building has nothing to do with ME, or MY LIFE. I just snapped the pic because of what the building is.

That is the Goldfield Hotel. :thumbs:

goldfield.jpg

"In the almost ghost town of Goldfield, Nevada is the historic and reportedly very haunted Goldfield Hotel. The town of Goldfield was born when gold was discovered in 1902 and within just a few short years, it became the largest city in Nevada, as millions of dollars in ore were extracted from area mines. Like other cities, whose only reason for being was its mining industry, when the ore played out, so did the town. In addition to its numerous saloons, the city once boasted three newspapers, five banks, a mining stock exchange, and a population of nearly 35,000."

Did I win?

Goldfield Nevada, I haven't thought of this for years. In 89 I was racing the Nevada 500, Had a problem with the car (not terminal) I could drive it, just not race pace. Decided to call it. We could not raise our pit on the radio so we decided to run the highway down to our pit. As we passed through GOLDFIELD the local cop, I think his name was Barney Fife decided it would be a good idea to pull us over. This asshole wrote me up for everything but the kitchen sink. I was in an off road race car for crying out loud. He got me for no fenders, turn signals, front windshield, etc. Ended up costing me over 1000.00.

FUCK GOLDFIELD

Did I win?

Sure, it's the Goldfield Hotel.

Y'all are part way there!

Still haven't told me why it's significant though! A specific part of it's history. Why would I care about that building? :whistling: Why would I take a picture there? :whistling:

I suppose y'all can make 2nd guesses now, it's Monday on the east coast...haha

It is now under construction? ???
Car chase in Vanishing Point?

I thought it didn't have anything to do with you. :p