• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Añejo and Opus X Reference

Fantastic reference thread for the AF Anejo & Opus X :cool:

I've only tried a few Opus X but I have smoked every vitola of the Anejo blend except the Shark # 77.
I have procured my Anejo stash over the years from several well known & reputable vendors but to me, the Anejo blend seems to be somewhat inconsistent.
Maybe it's just me but I actually have experienced more consistency from other blends, even less expensive price point cigars, from makers other than the Anejo blend. Even my AF Gran Reserva Maduros seemed to be more consistent than my experience with the Anejo blend. Not sure how that works.
I have gotten to the point over the past year that I would rather have an AF Hemingway Classic than the Anejo blend. :D

If I could locate some Opus X at a reasonable price point I would scoop up a box but they disappear so quick, it's hard to find them before they are gone. 😭

If you don't me asking, what is the reason you haven't tried the Shark?

If you don't me asking, what is the reason you haven't tried the Shark?

availability more than anything; every time I think about searching for them they are impossible to locate.

Arturo Jr. doesn't even have any currently listed at TS.

I still have a pretty nice stash of Anejo 888s so, I'm all good for the Anejo blend & I have been getting into the lighter fare the past few years too.

I have become a big fan of shade grown wrappers. 😍

availability more than anything; every time I think about searching for them they are impossible to locate.

Arturo Jr. doesn't even have any currently listed at TS.

I still have a pretty nice stash of Anejo 888s so, I'm all good for the Anejo blend & I have been getting into the lighter fare the past few years too.

I have become a big fan of shade grown wrappers. 😍

That's what I thought you would say. They're my favorites and I hoard them when I can find them. If you ever really want to try one let me know. If its in the rules that we can't do that forgive me but I didn't see anything saying I cant share.

That's what I thought you would say. They're my favorites and I hoard them when I can find them. If you ever really want to try one let me know. If its in the rules that we can't do that forgive me but I didn't see anything saying I cant share.

I read somewhere that the Shark #77 utilizes a different wrapper than the other Anejo vitolas; don't know if that is correct.
If that is true it would seem odd that all Anejos except the #77 have the same wrapper but then I guess stranger things have happened.
I'm not up to snuff on 'the rules' per se but sharing & exchanging cigars should be encouraged, I would think.
I can hit you up with a PM some time, see if you may be interested in some blends I have, and possibly a 'trade' of some kind.
That could be fun. :cool:

From what I understand all of the Anejos use a CT broadleaf including the Shark but now that you're saying that I'll have to double check. Though I appreciate the offer, just know I don't need anything in return other than the satisfaction I was able to share an experience with someone who wanted it. You said you've tried all the vitolas but one, you sir sound as if you deserve to complete the line.

From what I understand all of the Anejos use a CT broadleaf including the Shark but now that you're saying that I'll have to double check. Though I appreciate the offer, just know I don't need anything in return other than the satisfaction I was able to share an experience with someone who wanted it. You said you've tried all the vitolas but one, you sir sound as if you deserve to complete the line.

Thanks for the offer Lee :cool:

I'll send you a PM but I think you relly need one of my LFD Litto Gomez Small Batch #7 in return. ;)

Last edited:
WOWZA 😍 ............... that looks amazing Lee .................... :cool:
Thank you Rich, I look at it and I see lots of good memories. It’s been a few years in the making buying a stick here and there or sometimes two when I’m allowed. That drawer represents a lot of shops for me from Saratoga Springs NY down to Columbia SC and the great people that fill all of them. It takes scouring, trades, and all the fun associated but I try to have something for anyone that sits for a smoke with me. Come to my home and you’ll have trouble stumping me on a good cigar or good sip but I get a lot of joy being that guy that can make his friends comfortable.

I would like to thank Lee aka FroOchie for his generosity for offering & sending along a very difficult to obtain (IMO) cigar, a AF #77 Shark. :cool:
Lee also included a couple of other sticks I have never tried before; an EP Carrillo Encore Magestic & a custom rolled stick from a shop in NY state.
Lee, your gesture of generosity is truly appreciated brother!! ;) Thank you very much!

I would like to thank Lee aka FroOchie for his generosity for offering & sending along a very difficult to obtain (IMO) cigar, a AF #77 Shark. :cool:
Lee also included a couple of other sticks I have never tried before; an EP Carrillo Encore Magestic & a custom rolled stick from a shop in NY state.
Lee, your gesture of generosity is truly appreciated brother!! ;) Thank you very much!

You're very welcome Rich, it was a my pleasure!

Photobucket has once again changed their pricing structure and is no longer offering free hosting, as they did when this thread was first created. I told Rod a number of years ago that I was no longer going to be able to update/support this thread when Photobucket changed their service model the first time.

Sadly, this thread is dead.

5C921FB1-A513-4F2A-AEE9-35D5EE5DA810.jpeg

Oh dear Lord, please stop all the sad emoji notifications….enough already!

I put my holiday drink(s) down long enough to make some changes to my old Photobucket accounts to keep the photos safely archived , and I will go through and rebuild this thread by posting the photos directly to CigarPass (which wasn’t an option back in 2005), when time permits.

Photobucket has once again changed their pricing structure and is no longer offering free hosting, as they did when this thread was first created. I told Rod a number of years ago that I was no longer going to be able to update/support this thread when Photobucket changed their service model the first time.

Sadly, this thread is dead.
I was about to start a GoFundMe for keeping this thread alive. It's the only place I have EVER seen the Fuente 🌵 cigar.