• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Añejo and Opus X Reference

This thread has really been a godsend for me. That 1st page alone has helped me to not get ripped off by gougers in a big way! In the last month alone I've been able to pick up no less then 18 various Opus sticks at either under or a tiny bit above the prices quoted,not including all the local taxes and tobacco taxes and shipping!

Thanks MUCHO!!! :thumbs:

New Release!

doncarlos2006ediciondeanniversarioc.jpg
doncarlosediciondeanniversariocigar.jpg

Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario

In a tribute to his father, Carlito Fuente has created the Don Carlos 30th Anniversary cigars, Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario.

Sizes:

Robusto
Double Robusto
Toro

2006 Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario Humidor by Prometheus

doncarlos2006black.jpg
doncarlos2006macassar.jpg

Production:
75 Macassar Ebony
25 Shiny Black
----------
100 Total

Includes:

30 Robusto Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario
30 Double Robusto Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario
30 Toro Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario

Each humidor includes a Prometheus Optima humidifier and digital hygrometer/thermometer, a matching travel humidor, 3 lighters, 3 cutters and 1 leather cigar case.

Dimensions: 22.5" (W) x 14.75; (D) x 8.25" (H)

MSRP: $6500.00

doncarlosediciondeanniversario2006h.jpg

doncarlos2006edicionband.jpg

New Release!

2006 Opus X S.T. Dupont Opus X Collection

opusx2006lstdupontighter.jpg

opusx2006pen.jpg
opusx2006rollerballpen.jpg

opusx2006ashtray.jpg

opusx2006tablelighter.jpg

Ligne 2 Lighter........................$1,190.00 / 700 Units
Cigar Cutter.............................Unknown / Unknown ( Not Pictured )
Ashtray....................................$590.00 / Unknown
Jeroboam Table Lighter............$3,590.00 / 100 Units
Fountain Pen................................$890.00 / 250 Units
Roller Ball Pen................................$690.00 / 300 Units
Collector's Set*...........................$6850.00 / 150 Units
(*Includes Ligne 2 lighter, Jeroboam lighter, cutter and boh pens. Does not include humidor or the ashtray.)

Humidor.....................................$1790.00 / 100 ( Not Pictured)

New Release!

ffopusxlanceroboxset.jpg

Includes four 2004 Opus X Lanceros packed in coffins, with the photo essay book "Journey to Chatueu de la Fuente".

Release: Fall 2006
Production: 2500 units
MSRP: $150.00 ( unconfirmed )

OpusXTins2006RTDA.jpg

2006 Opus X 3 Pack Tins

First shown at the 2005 RTDA, seen here with some design changes at the 2006 RTDA. Three packs of Robusto, Perfecxion X, or Reserva d'Chateau

Release: Rumored for release Holiday 2006
Poduction: Unknown
MSRP: Unknown

dcmaximusstanford90.jpg

Diamond Crown Maximus Stanford's 90th Churchill

"In honor of Stanford Newman's 90th Birthday, the J.C. Newman Cigar Company announces the limited production release of Stanford's 90th Diamond Crown MAXIMUS. These cigars honor the cigar industry legend Stanford Newman, who is one of only six members in the Cigar Aficionado's Cigar Hall of Fame.

Carlos Fuente, Jr. has created a very unique cigar - the first Diamond Crown MAXIMUS ever made with a Cameroon wrapper. "As a tribute to Stanford, I wanted to make an exceptionally flavorful cigar for this celebration," says Carlito.

To achieve this unique taste, he blended some of his oldest Dominican filler tobaccos, which he had been saving for such a special occasion, with tobacco from his prized Chateau de la Fuente farm. When combined with a top grade of specially selected Cameroon wrapper, Stanford's 90th Diamond Crown MAXIMUS may be the richest, most flavorful Cameroon cigar ever made.

In addition to this milestone cigar, Stanford's 90th Maximus comes in a luxurious leather box. This box is made of a tan leather with the brilliant Diamond Crown MAXIMUS logo prominently displayed on the inside lid of the box. These cigars are extremely limited and there only 850 available worldwide."

STANFORD J. NEWMAN: 1916-2006

Friday, August 18, 2006

By David Savona

Stanford J. Newman, chairman of the J.C. Newman Cigar Co., died yesterday. Newman had been comatose since suffering a heart attack on Tuesday morning. He was 90 years old.

Newman was a cornerstone of the American cigar industry, and spent more than 70 years in the business. He bore witness to revolutionary changes in the way cigars were sold and made, and had to transform his company several times to ensure its survival. He entered the business in the days when cigars sold for a nickel, and a one-cent price increase could destroy a brand; traveled often to Cuba to buy millions of dollars worth of tobacco on nothing more than a handshake, and changed his blends when the Cuban leaf he used became illegal due to the U.S. embargo; and finally lived through the cigar boom of the 1990s, watching his cigar brands reach heights undreamed of in decades past.

Newman's company, the owner of Cuesta-Rey and Diamond Crown cigars, makes cigars by machine on the highest floor of its sprawling headquarters in Tampa, Florida, and it distributes the cigars made by Tabacalera A. Fuente y Cia., which rolls the company's premium brands in Santiago, Dominican Republic.

An indomitable spirit, Newman remained active in his family business up until his final days, and was at work when he fell ill.

"He was a pioneer," said Marvin R. Shanken, editor and publisher of Cigar Aficionado magazine. "Stanford was a true leader in the cigar industry and a man of great class. We shall all miss him."

Newman took great pride in owning a successful, enduring family business -- J.C. Newman Cigar was founded more than 110 years ago -- and took special pride in working alongside his two sons.

In May, Newman sat down with Cigar Aficionado for what turned out to be his final interview. Joined by his sons, Eric, the president of J.C. Newman, and Bobby, the company's executive vice president, he spoke at length about the family business for the October story "Fathers and Sons." Making cigars and growing tobacco, he said, "goes along with a tradition of family. Aging tobacco has to do with quality -- it isn't something that happened yesterday."

Eric Newman issued a release yesterday about the passing of his father. "Loved by all who knew him, Dad was a leader, a mentor and a visionary who will be truly missed," he wrote. "Starting with the company in 1934 and having just celebrated his 90th birthday in June, not only was Dad the oldest cigar man in the business, but was an industry icon as well. As Chairman of the Board, Dad continued to work everyday and oversaw every aspect of our Tampa-based cigar manufacturing operation."

The Newmans believed in giving to charities, and Eric Newman went on to say that his father's liver was being donated to a person waiting for a transplant. "At a time of deep sadness," he wrote, "this uplifting gift of life brings comfort to our family."

Newman's funeral is scheduled for Sunday in Tampa. The family asked that in lieu of flowers, contributions may be sent to the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation, P.O. Box 76246, Tampa, Florida, 33675, or the Elaine Newman Scholarship Fund at Berkeley Preparatory School, 4811 Kelly Rd., Tampa, Florida, 33615.

Newman is survived by his wife of 60 years, Elaine; his sons, Eric and Bobby; and his three grandsons, Drew, Dawson and Paxton

:0

I read about these and I would kill a man in front of his own momma for one of these smokes! ???
Thanks for the update MMM. :thumbs:

Brandon

DCMaximusHumidorTopView.jpg

DCMaximusHumidor2006.jpg

2006 Diamond Crown Maximus Humidor Collection

Release: Unknown
Production: Unknown
MSRP: Unknown

Oh my dear Lord, looking at the pics on the first post almost brought tears to my eyes! VERY nice information!

Wade

Update!

Reference thread prices have been updated to reflect the new January 1st, 2007 price increases.

A quick overview...

Anejos : + .75 per stick / all sizes ( Confirmed by documentation )

Hemingway:
Best Seller + .50 per stick
Between the Lines + .25 per stick
Classic (N/M) + .30 per stick
Masterpiece + .65 per stick
Short Story + .45 per stick
Signature + .40 per stick
Untold Story + .50 per stick
Work Of Art + .35 per stick
( All Hemi prices confirmed by documentation )

AF "Green labels": + .25 - .50 per stick ( Confirmed by documentation )
Side note: AF Panetela Fina (N/M)...7.00 x 38 Not listed on 2007 price list. Discountinued?

AF Short Fillers: + .05 - .15 ( Confirmed by documentation )

AF Sungrowns: +.25 - +.75 ( Confirmed by documentation )
Interesting notes:
Classic ( SG ) A MSRP was listed @ +.65 MSRP over the N/M versions
858 (SG ) A MSRP was listed @ +.75 over the other 858 varieties
King B ( "Cloud Grown ") A confirmed MSRP was listed

Don Carlos: + .50 per stick / all sizes ( Confirmed by documentation )

Opus X: + .50 per stick (Rumored - Unconfirmed )

Diamond Crown: Unknown - if anyone has updated information, please contact me. :whistling:
Diamond Crown Maximus : Unknown - if anyone has updated information, please contact me. :whistling:
Ashton Lines : Unknown - if anyone has updated information, please contact me. :whistling:

Nice thread...

It's nice to have some of the rare cigars...even nicer to have one to smoke.

CasaFuente_feat2.jpg

Casa Fuente / Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace
3500 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89109

Hours: 10 a.m. - 12 a.m. daily.

Additional Information: Las Vegas Review Journal article

CFCaesars3.jpg

CasaFuenteCage2.jpg

CFHumidorOpusX.jpg

CasaFuenteShopAshtons.jpg

cf_band_384x173.jpg

Casa Fuente Band High Resolution Scan: 2048x923 resolution

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Photo credits: Casa Fuente shop photography by Stinky @ CigarFamily / Band scan by Moki.</span>

I was in there a few weeks ago..............

Lost my freaking mind!!!!!

had a cuban corona and a glass of JW Black.

Left with a fistful of goodies and a LARGE charge on the Mastercard .........ouch