• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A bomb with a twist

Well done Jeff! While it takes away from the chase, I agree with Jay. I'm ADD like that! :)

I have ADD and a bolt cutters, but I dunno. The anticipation would be so great, when you finally open the box... wow!

I dunno, I love that shit.

Great job MC. You know your dog is too cute to survive in the wild, good thing he's got you!

~R

Very nice Jeff.

I must say however, that lock would be long gone brother. Him short walk to truck.open door, back right hand side second shelf, bolt cutters. Close doors lock truck walk back inside clip, job complete 2.2 minutes.

Jay and Bobbie:

When Christmas presents are under the tree, and the big day is coming, you could easily just go open them.......but that ruins it all! Hell you could open everybody's presents and scamper off with the ones you like!

Thankfully I chose the right target! :laugh:

Edited cause I can't spell..................

That's really Cool!!! (Can you smell the sarcasm?) Hinges are a little weak for what you got going there! anyone with a hammer and a chiesl will be in that in 5 min. Epoxy, that's a little different! And yes, I still haven't gotten it open(haven't had the time)! Now the idea is very good but you should try something pre-made, say a small firesafe!?! Filled with epoxy or foam, cigars encased in PVC at the back. Combination all there except the last # with no direction on which way to turn it! Yeah, that's not my idea but someone tells me that a plan of such evil is being hatched!?!

well let me just say THANKS smokyballs for letting me know what Cory has planed. however I have a new one in the delivery States right know, the person should be able to fill the board in SOON,

That's really Cool!!! (Can you smell the sarcasm?) Hinges are a little weak for what you got going there! anyone with a hammer and a chiesl will be in that in 5 min. Epoxy, that's a little different! And yes, I still haven't gotten it open(haven't had the time)! Now the idea is very good but you should try something pre-made, say a small firesafe!?! Filled with epoxy or foam, cigars encased in PVC at the back. Combination all there except the last # with no direction on which way to turn it! Yeah, that's not my idea but someone tells me that a plan of such evil is being hatched!?!

well let me just say THANKS smokyballs for letting me know what Cory has planed. however I have a new one in the delivery States right know, the person should be able to fill the board in SOON,
Yeah, well I don't have a clue what Cory has planned! This was an idea that someone that's not involved in this little game presented to me and thought was a little interesting twist on the game. I think you are overestimating my level of involvement in this. I guess I'm going to have to go Loyd on your ass! Your package will go out today. I will not pack it in anything you have to use power tools to get into. I got a neat idea, I'll get a box and fill it with cigars and then send it to the person that I want to have the cigars!

This is a ton of fun to watch unfold, great idea.

Alright...day 2 of this ransom. Here are the pics:

BombWithaTwist-Day2001.jpg

BombWithaTwist-Day2004.jpg

Cigarstone kindly let me know he was out of town, but he has entrusted the next "clue" to none other than mysterea...so...the clue please...

The first digit of the number is the 2,583rd digit of Pi. The second digit is that number divided by the atomic weight of Hassium.

:laugh:

Second Number………… (and good luck)
By using the Pythagorean Theorem and a tape measure, an ill equipped but resourceful handyman can verify that a wall, ceiling, or floor is exactly 90 degrees in respect to an adjoining wall, ceiling, or floor. The three numbers most commonly used (in feet not inches) in this equation, when added together, are the beginning of your next clue .
Now take the difference between the number of megs in a gig and the number of days in four years; from this number, subtract the number left of the first comma in the distance traveled in a round trip to the sun ; subtract the loneliest number and divide by Bo Derek again (one should use Bo Derek at every opportunity); add this resulting number to the beginning number.
This should provide you with the second number in the combination.

There are certainly some vague areas in Jeff's clue here. The "beginning" number using the 3', 4', 5' method is easy enough. Now, I presume we are using the Gregorian calendar. Also, I presume we are talking about a "round-trip to the sun" (which is a mass of incandescent gas) from the planet Earth and, more specifically, that we are talking about the generally accepted/averaged distance of the Earth from the sun based upon axis tilt, as the distance is always changing...we are not fixed in time nor space. And, distance in terms of what? Miles, Kilos, AUs (which it should be measured in anyway) AND, with such a ridiculously large number, who the hell is using commas? Decimal points and "x10 to the blah, blah, blah power" my brother. And the "first number left of the first comma based on which set of calculations? Miles or kilos, if you're not using AUs?

Oh yes, and also, one is the lonliest number but everyone knows that three is a magic number.

So, I've calculated this thing many times, using many variables/assumptions, but if this is to continue with any degree of success (short of me walking out and getting the damn bolt cutters), I need to get some clarification as outlined above.

Now, for your enjoyment, this goddamn clue made me break out one of my many They Might Be Giants records (an ep in this case) and play the following:

The sun is a mass of incandescent gas
A gigantic nuclear furnace
Where hydrogen is built into helium
At a temperature of millions of degrees

Yo ho, it's hot, the sun is not
A place where we could live
But here on earth there'd be no life
Without the light it gives

We need it's light
We need it's heat
We need it's energy
Without the sun, without a doubt
There'd be no you and me

The sun is hot...

It is so hot that everything on it is a gas: iron, copper, aluminum, and many others.

The sun is large...

If the sun were hollow, a million earths could fit inside. and yet, the sun is only a middle-sized star.

The sun is far away...

About 93 million miles away, and that's why it looks so small.

And even when it's out of sight
The sun shines night and day

The sun gives heat
The sun gives light
The sunlight that we see
The sunlight comes from our own sun's
Atomic energy

Scientists have found that the sun is a huge atom-smashing machine. the heat and light of the sun come from the nuclear reactions of hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, and helium.

Yeah, well I don't have a clue what Cory has planned! This was an idea that someone that's not involved in this little game presented to me and thought was a little interesting twist on the game. I think you are overestimating my level of involvement in this. I guess I'm going to have to go Loyd on your ass! Your package will go out today. I will not pack it in anything you have to use power tools to get into. I got a neat idea, I'll get a box and fill it with cigars and then send it to the person that I want to have the cigars!
Ruh Roh! Someones in trouble.........................Brad DOES NOT PLAY FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are certainly some vague areas in Jeff's clue here. The "beginning" number using the 3', 4', 5' method is easy enough. Now, I presume we are using the Gregorian calendar. Also, I presume we are talking about a "round-trip to the sun" (which is a mass of incandescent gas) from the planet Earth and, more specifically, that we are talking about the generally accepted/averaged distance of the Earth from the sun based upon axis tilt, as the distance is always changing...we are not fixed in time nor space. And, distance in terms of what? Miles, Kilos, AUs (which it should be measured in anyway) AND, with such a ridiculously large number, who the hell is using commas? Decimal points and "x10 to the blah, blah, blah power" my brother. And the "first number left of the first comma based on which set of calculations? Miles or kilos, if you're not using AUs?
I apologize for the lack of description, it is wise to question from what 'reality' one steers his (or her) eyes. I also lament my delay in response. Again, regrets.

That being said, as to the question of the calendar (gregorian), indeed you are correct.
It, perhaps, would be wise to question such things as axis tilt, oval orbit patterns and the somesuch. I'm sure an average would be quite sufficient in such cases, and perhaps even recommended!
Distances shall be equated in miles, and nothing else in this particular scenario. Again, wise questions you ask!
Commas shall also be appled in similarly farmiliar numberical formats seperating each three digits by said character.

Now, for your enjoyment, this goddamn clue made me break out one of my many They Might Be Giants records (an ep in this case) and play the following:

Yo ho, it's hot, the sun is not
A place where we could live
But here on earth there'd be no life
Without the light it gives

We need it's light
We need it's heat
We need it's energy
Without the sun, without a doubt
There'd be no you and me

The sun is hot...

It is so hot that everything on it is a gas: iron, copper, aluminum, and many others.

The sun is large...

If the sun were hollow, a million earths could fit inside. and yet, the sun is only a middle-sized star.

The sun is far away...

About 93 million miles away, and that's why it looks so small.

And even when it's out of sight
The sun shines night and day

The sun gives heat
The sun gives light
The sunlight that we see
The sunlight comes from our own sun's
Atomic energy

Scientists have found that the sun is a huge atom-smashing machine. the heat and light of the sun come from the nuclear reactions of hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, and helium.

To quote such a spiritual, musical and spazzastical band such as the Giants must only be celebrated and revered as a true testement to your level of kickassery. Well done good sir! I offer you accolades beyond your wildest comprehension.

I salute you,
Rob

First to my faithful stand-in Rob.........You are the only person who could envelop "They Might Be Giants" in a Monty Pythonesqueness so eloquently!

Also to my worthy adversary.....Not only have you refrained from getting the bolt cutters, sledgehammer, or O/U 12 gauge, you have provided clues, hints, and innuendo of your own while making my night!

As I drove through NE Pa. into New York I decided to see if the better half’s Blackberry would work. As I turned the thumbwheel just a few less times than the round trip to the sun, in miles, reading 8-10 words at a time and laughing my ass off, Rob calls on my cell phone. Now I am driving with my knees, holding the blackberry in one hand and my phone in the other and laughing wildly with Rob about “Now, for your enjoyment, this goddamn clue made me break out one of my many They Might Be Giants records (an ep in this case) and play the following:……………Thank you….you made my trip a little shorter!

Now, as for the clues, if they are in fact still needed, as promised you will get the third clue tomorrow upon proper proof. It is my suspicion that you may have cracked the master code and have already enjoyed a cigar………if so, I salute you…..you have earned it! If not, I will continue to provide clues to clear up the vagaries. As for now the best I can tell you is this. Facts are facts, and assumptions tend to byte you in the butt!

Well, having thought about this the better part of the night, and also having second thoughts on this whole process due to my lovely little wife, who is now complaining about a locked box sitting in the same spot for the last three days, as well as otherwise unnecessary editions of the Miami Herald now laying around, I think I may have "cracked" the second number.

Utilizing the clues above, and the much needed clarification(s), I think the second number is 37. Is this correct?

Bottom line, the first part of the number is indeed 12, using the 3', 4', 5' method. So that we have.

Now, based on a Gregorian calendar, the amount of days in 4 years is clearly 1461. That we have.

Depending on who you ask, and which tomes you refer to, 1 gig can be listed as 1000 megabytes or, more precisely, 1024. Using the number 1000, yields an end-result (or "second" part of the number) that ends in a decimal point, so that simply doesn't factor into a combination lock. So, we'll go with 1024.

That yields a number of 437.

Next, definitely depending on which sources are relied upon, the distances of the Earth from the Sun vary, but largely concentrate around 93 million miles or, more specifically, 93,200,000 miles. Since you can't just go to the Sun, but need to return back to Earth (i.e., "round trip"), this would be 186,400,000 miles.

Using the "186" (i.e., the number left of the first comma) from that, subtracting it from the 437, we are left with 251. Subtract the lonliest number as opposed to the magical number and that yields 250. Divide by the now-very-old-looking Bo Derek, and we get 25.

Add 25 back to the original "first-part" of the number and we get 37.

Is this right?

And, btw, glad to see there are some other John and John (TMBG) fans here. I continued playing their absolutely stellar works through to this morning, most recently marvelling at the brilliance of:

I gotta get a job
I got to get some pay
My son's gotta go to art school
He's leavin' in three days
And the TV is in Esperanto
You know that that's a bitch
But alienation's for the rich
And I'm feelin' a-poorer every day
A-hey hey hey

Well I ain't feelin' happy
About the state of things in my life
But I'm workin' to make it better
With a six of Miller High Life
Just drinkin' and a-drivin'
A-makin' sure my dues get paid
Because alienation's for the rich
And I'm feelin' a-poorer every day
A-hey hey hey

Ah hahahaha!

Followed by the incredible beauty that is:

Love sees love's happiness
But happiness can't see that love is sad
That love is sad
Sadness is hanging there
To show love somewhere something needs a change
They need a change

They'll need a crane
They'll need a crane
To take the house he built for her apart
To make it break
It's gonna take
A metal ball hung from a chain
They'll need a crane
They'll need a crane
To pick the broken ruins up again
To mend her heart
To help him start
To see a world apart from pain

Lad's gal is all he has
Gal's gladness hangs upon the love of lad
The love of lad

Some things gal says to lad
Aren't meant as bad but cause a little pain
They cause him pain

They'll need a crane
They'll need a crane
To make it break
It's gonna take
They'll need a crane
They'll need a crane
To mend her heart
To help him start

Don't call me at work again
No, no, the boss still hates me
I'm just tired and I don't love you anymore
And there's a restaurant we should check out
Where the other nightmare people like to go
I mean nice people -- baby wait, I didn't mean to say nightmare

Lad looks at other gals
Gal thinks Jim Beam is handsomer than lad
He isn't bad

Call off the wedding band
Nobody wants to hear that one again
Play that again

They'll need a crane
They'll need a crane
To make it break
It's gonna take
They'll need a crane
They'll need a crane
To mend her heart
To help him start
They'll need a crane
They'll need a crane

Once again, outstanding!

I actually thought the handyman's equation might have thrown you for a while......once again I have underestimated your prowess.

You are correct in all of your numbers and, yes, there are 1024 megs in a gig.

In a trip to the sun you may actually find out "Why Does The Sun Shine". I am sorry your wife is putting some pressure on you although I am sure "She's An Angel". "Now That You Have Everything" but the last number it won't be long now.

Regarding Bo Derek's aged appearance, it's nothing a plastic surgeon couldn't fix, but alas, my reference is to the hypothetical "10" not necessarily "Bo" so "Don't Let's Start" making jokes my about my taste in women! :) Ever wonder what on older woman taste’s like? Depends, I guess……………

Depending on the pictures you post this evening I will either provide the third and final clue or raise a glass to the fact that you have cracked the code! Either way you have been a great sport, a fine gentleman, and quite entertaining as well.

Good hunting!

Well done Jeff! While it takes away from the chase, I agree with Jay. I'm ADD like that! :)

I have ADD and a bolt cutters, but I dunno. The anticipation would be so great, when you finally open the box... wow!

I dunno, I love that shit.

Great job MC. You know your dog is too cute to survive in the wild, good thing he's got you!

~R

Rob:

You don't have ADD you just have a hard time paying attention!

Won't you be surprised when it is this instead of TMBG. :whistling:

Hey girl, I got somethin' real important to give you
So just sit down and listen
Girl you know we've been together such a long, long time (such a long time)
And now I'm ready to lay it on the line
(Wooow) You know it's Christmas and my heart is open wide (open wide)
Gonna give you something so you know what's on my mind (what is on my mind)
A gift real special, so take off the top
Take a look inside -- it's my dick in a box (it's in a box)
Not gonna get you a diamond ring
That sort of gift don't mean anything
Not gonna get you a fancy car
Girl ya gotta know you're my shining star
Not gonna get you a house in the hills
A girl like you needs somethin' real
Wanna get you somethin' from the heart
Somethin' special girl
It's my dick in a box, my dick in a box girl
See I'm wise enough to know when a gift needs givin' (girl)
And I got just the one, somethin' to show ya that you are second to none
To all the fellas out there with ladies to impress
It's easy to do just follow these steps
1: Cut a hole in a box
2: Put your junk in that box
3: Make her open the top
And that's the way you do it
It's my dick in a box...my dick in a box girl
Christmas; dick in a box
Hanukkah; dick in a box
Kwanzaa; a dick in a box
Every single holiday a dick in a box
Over at your parent's house a dick in a box
Mid day at the grocery store a dick in a box
Backstage at the CMA's a dick in a box (yeah-wow-wow-wow-wow-wow)
A dick in a box, a dick in a box, a dick in a box...

Ah, it's been my pleasure to have this bomb play out as you had intended. It's been fun really, and methinks that the continual appearance of "Bo" and the "hypothetical 10" as you put it might have a bigger role here in the issue of the third and final number. Could that be possible? Hmmm....

Good job Jeff & MC. This one has really played out nicely. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Ah, it's been my pleasure to have this bomb play out as you had intended. It's been fun really, and methinks that the continual appearance of "Bo" and the "hypothetical 10" as you put it might have a bigger role here in the issue of the third and final number. Could that be possible? Hmmm....
You're assuming I have a plan......I'm flattered! Quite honestly, I have been winging it and 10 worked into the numbers in both cases..........but.............now that you mention it. I did have an idea for a very simple clue for the third number and believe me, in her day, Bo would have fit very nicely into that idea. So, I will be periodically working today to factor this in.

It's a beautiful day at Sunset Beach Bar!