• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Fuente Super Belicoso VS the Shark 77

Unless I am mistaken the shark is in the Anejo line and the Super Belicoso is in the opus x line. Two different cigars.

Correct, the super belicoso is an opus x that is parejo or round, while the shark or anejo 77 is box pressed. The wrapper on the opus x is a Dominican rosado while the anejo has a connecticuit broadleaf wrapper aged in cognac barrels. Therefore the opus x is a puro or cigar with leaf comprised from all one country of origin, while the anejo is not.

There is an Opus X shark. I don't know much about it but, it does have the bottom half pressed like the Anejos. I smoked one a while back. It was great and had a fairly "typical" Opus X profile if one could say such a thing. I prefer the little PC or PL due to how much of the wrapper can be tasted.

Edit: spelling

Doesn't the Anejo/Opus reference here show these Sharks? On my phone or I'd check.

MrAnderson41 said:
Is that the one known as "sand shark"?
I beleive so.
No. The "sand shark" was a special Christmas release many years ago. It was an Anejo shark with a cameroon wrapper like you find in the Don Carlos line. The Opus shark was in the 22 set, and there was a limited release of them to some retailers as well.

Bsneed51 said:

Is that the one known as "sand shark"?
I beleive so.
No. The "sand shark" was a special Christmas release many years ago. It was an Anejo shark with a cameroon wrapper like you find in the Don Carlos line. The Opus shark was in the 22 set, and there was a limited release of them to some retailers as well.

Correct. They had this same discussion on another forum.

http://halfwheel.com/news-prometheus-fuente-celebrate-10-years-opus22/38808

Both pictures are from another forum and not my mine.
8bdfc1cfdfdc0b13ce38a4318d7d7fd8.jpg

Shark last one on the right.

20184c79e8e465c7c94c0f89391364d2.jpg

Top to bottom:
Opus X Shark
Anjeo 77 Shark (OR)
Anejo 77 Sand Shark aka "Cammie Shark"

All have the same length, RG, and squared off foot.
The Super Belicoso does not have the squared off tapered end/foot.

mu mike said:
Opus Sharks don't suck.

Definitely!

I've had plenty of the Anejo 77, and even got to smoke the "Sand Shark" when it came out . . . I've had two of the Opus Sharks and they were just superb, imho.

~Boar

I still have my Cameroon Shark from that special release.  So I haven't smoked that one yet, but the others are of course good cigars.  But I'm not a huge Anejo 77 fan.  It's very good, but I prefer other Anejos.

Bsneed51 said:

Opus Sharks don't suck.
None of the Sharks suck, but the Anejo might actually be my least favorite of them all.   I still like them though.

I'd put the Sand Shark on the bottom of the list, myself. It was a great smoke, but I'm not a huge Cameroon fan.  Most of the Anejo Sharks I've had have had a bit of age on them, so other than the "mold year" they've been fantastic, although the 55 with a year plus on it is probably my favorite Anejo.

~Boar

Very excellent information jfields. Looks like the super belicoso has the rounded foot which is what I bought. I originally wanted the Opus X Perfexion #2, but can not find singles on line anywhere. I went down to my local cigar store and found something close to it.