• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A newbie asking about a new humidor from the experts

Don't bother. Cigar boxes have plenty of cedar. Adding cedar only takes up valuable humidified space. Before I had my Staebell cabinet, I had four coolers up and running. Boxes, no cedar panels. Works fantastic.

Oh, and bubble wrap is a good way to take up empty space in your coolerdor for a while. Won't take long to fill it, just stick around....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
5CCCB187-4868-4A84-95F9-1D600A2C2680.jpeg Just wanted to update y’all. Got this on amazon for 16$. Got a 69% bovida in there but got some 65% ordered to replace it soon. It’s bare right now but as soon as I get a reply from Orangeman, I hope to be filling it up with more awesome cigars. Thanks again for the help guys!

Last edited:
Also for those wondering, yes that is an open Gurkha. It was a present from a buddy that he opened right before he gave to me and saw it was dried out, so I’ve been trying to slowly revive it :rolleyes:

No such thing as reviving a dead smoke. Once they dry out the oils crystallize. And that is that. You can re-moisten them but it'll never be the same. A mere shadow of its former self.

RIP then. Off to the garbage it goes. Thanks for the info guys!

I just cleared out my humidor of stuff I no longer smoke. The Gurkhas went into the composter. At least they are good for insecticide.