• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A question for a lawyer...

I hate Florida. Its not a problem for me to move lol Plus she has a good job, Im not working.

I want to move to Colorado to live with my current girlfriend

JHolmes?

He's not that cute. Tuition out of state is 3 times what Im paying now, and thats for community college.

But... I got a haircut and everything!!

Move out here for a year, find a job for a year and then start school. Seriously, that's about the only way to do it.

I leave the state on the 30th, so you won't even need that restraining order anymore.

Stop trying to figure out how to get around the rules. Do it the right way or don't do it at all. Live your life honorably.

This.

Finding ways around and out of things is the weasel approach. The rules exist for a reason, and you should be man enough to know the difference in right and wrong.

Please come on up and sneak around the rules. I would be more than happy to supplement your tuition.

I guess Ill have to find some kind of grant or scholarship I can get to help pay for classes, Id prefer to not take a year off in the middle of my schooling. It was hard to go back to school and I dont want to lose momentum. I just dont want to fall into a lull where I just keep working and paying bills and telling myself Ill go back to school next semester.

I guess Ill have to find some kind of grant or scholarship I can get to help pay for classes, Id prefer to not take a year off in the middle of my schooling. It was hard to go back to school and I dont want to lose momentum. I just dont want to fall into a lull where I just keep working and paying bills and telling myself Ill go back to school next semester.

I just realized i've been doing that for the last 25 years.
laugh.gif

I watched Matlock at the bar last night, the sound was off but I got the gist of it. So in my newly found legal expertise, I would say establish residency to get the benefits. Colorado is a beautiful state that has a lot to offer which should make that year go by quickly. Good luck to you.

Join the Navy, see the world have a girlfriend in every port. When you are finished you'll have a world class education and the tats to prove!

At 22 you shouldn't be asking a bunch of no nothing cigar smoking cranks what you want to be when you grow up questions. These guys are confused with their own lives. They shouldn't be doling out anything but crap in shovelfuls. :whistling:

Best piece of advice I can give is stop trying to get over on the rules. I'm not saying be a conformist, but learn to live with the consequences of your actions. It's a life lesson when learned early bears fruit.

PS: I'm not a lawyer but stayed at a Holiday Express last night! As oppossed to the Sofitel in NY that the IMF Director stayed in. ;)

...or you could continue to go to the school you're currently attending.

Life is chock full of hard choices. If this Colorado law means you can't do it the way you want - well - it is what it is... ;)

Join the Navy, see the world have a girlfriend in every port. When you are finished you'll have a world class education and the tats to prove!

At 22 you shouldn't be asking a bunch of no nothing cigar smoking cranks what you want to be when you grow up questions. These guys are confused with their own lives. They shouldn't be doling out anything but crap in shovelfuls. :whistling:

Best piece of advice I can give is stop trying to get over on the rules. I'm not saying be a conformist, but learn to live with the consequences of your actions. It's a life lesson when learned early bears fruit.

PS: I'm not a lawyer but stayed at a Holiday Express last night! As oppossed to the Sofitel in NY that the IMF Director stayed in. ;)

Have you seen his picture? How long do you think he'd last on a 6mo. float?:0

Doc.

Have you seen his picture? How long do you think he'd last on a 6mo. float?:0

Doc.

LOL! You are right. What was I thinking? Belay that order.

I hate Florida. Its not a problem for me to move lol Plus she has a good job, Im not working.

I disagree that its not a problem. Obviously it is if you are concerned about tuition.

That said, stop hating on Florida. Move to Michigan, then tell me about how much Florida sucks. :p

I would also add, after your GF that has a good job watches her money sucked down the drain by your arrival in CO, how do you think that will end? I'm not trying to give you shit either, just real advice.

You aren't working, and unless I'm reading too much into it, you want to move to CO to continue studys there while also being closer to your GF and it will all work out ok in the end because she has a good job. What happens when you guys get in a fight? If your living with her, how long is that going to last? Or your plan is to live at dorms in school?

Think things through. The grass isn't always greener. I hope it works out for you, but if it doesn't you can't say you weren't warned lol.

Thanks for the great advice guys. I do love those mountains <3 and by mountains, I mean the ones on my girlfriend. ;)

Why don't you do what everyone else does and get student loans?

If he did that, he'd have to go see Doc once he hit port. I'm pretty sure Doc would tell him the drip is uncurable and he's shit out of luck!