• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A reminder of the brotherhood.

Yojimbo

Brutish Nubber
The wife and I stopped by a warehouse store yesterday to have a look around. When I parked, I looked over and saw a cigar wedged into the windshield wiper of the car next to me, still smoking. When we came back out, the driver of that car was coming out as well. I complimented him on his cigar saving technique, mentioning that I'm a cigar smoker myself. He responded by reaching into his car, tossing me a SLR Titan, and suggesting I give it a try. The whole exchange was maybe 20 seconds and we were both on our way. My wife was stunned that a perfect stranger would just hand over a nice cigar to a perfect stranger. My response was just "that's the brotherhood of cigars".

That's is the best thing about our hobby, B/SOTL are all cast from the same mold.

There are still some good people left on this planet! That was a great play!

Thanks for the story. Always nice to hear the generous gestures given to one another without ever meeting them before. The cigar community is one brotherhood I am proud to be apart of. Thanks for sharing...

I echo everyone else's comments. BOTL/SOTL are some of the nicest people around. There is a very nice "kid" that works at the gas station across the street from where I work. He always makes it a point to ask me how my day was. One night as he was leaving I happened to be coming in the door. I noticed that he had a couple of miniature "gas station cigars" in glass tubes behind each of his ears. I asked him if he normally smoked cigars to which he replied that he did. I told him I would bring him a few the next time I came in. I managed to remember our conversation today before leaving work. I was going to grab about 5 sticks out of the humi and thought I had better just grab just one. I didnt want to give him to many and have them dry out before he could smoke them. I decided to settle on an AB Tempus. He was shocked tonight when I gave it to him. I dont think he thought I would remember let alone actually give him a cigar. Sometimes it's just fun to make a complete "strangers" day.

Super story! I had a similar experience outside of a Holiday Inn Express around Thanksgiving. I was checking in around 11PM, it was about 40 degrees outside and a BOTL was outside just starting his cigar. I don't typically hang outside in that weather to smoke but I felt compelled to not let him enjoy the experience alone. He agreed to me joining him and we ended up exchanging a smoke the next morning at breakfast!

totally agree with this.

i can't believe how generous people are in the hobby.

i joined another forum and once someone heard of my issue with the wife putting my gift in the non-seasoned humidor and making my sticks unsmokeable for a good few weeks someone was hitting me up for my addy to send me a few. I didn't want to give it to him, but he insisted. It is amazing that a BOTL for only a few days can be accepted that quickly.