• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

A Slab of Applewood Bacon

Bacon jerky. Might be a little strong but there are ways you could probably tone it down.

Cube it and flash cook it in a cast iron skillet.

Hollow out some Jalapenos and stuff some cream cheese in the pointed end, followed by a water chestnut, and then the cooked cube of bacon.

Put that in a smoker or cool grill for an hour.

Never had it before, and just made it up, but it sounds good!

Atomic Buffalo Turds:

Split and hollow raw jalapeno peppers. Keep halves sorted together.

Fill with a mix of cream cheese or Neuchaftel and finely minced onion. You can add finely minced garlic, chives, basil etc. to that if you've a mind to.

Assemble halves, wrap with bacon slices, secure with toothpick.

Cook on medium grill or under broiler until bacon is done.

~Boar

Made these over the weekend with maple bacon.....they were AWESOME! I was going to take pictures, but didn't think about it until I was sitting on the couch stuffed from eating them all
laugh.gif

I was hoping to post some pics tonight... But the package did not arrive as promised. Might push things back a bit. I'll keep you updated.

It made it! So here is what I have

This is the HUGE Belly I got in the mail. I open the cooler and it instantly makes the house smell like Applewood smoke. This drives my dog, Zeus, nuts.

This is the Bacon Wrapped Bacon that was suggested. First the cubes and strips. I seared the cubes and wrapped them in with the strips. Toothpicked it and deep fried it. It was moist, flavorful, and delicious. Thanks for the suggestion

This is a slow roasted half slice of bacon. It was about as thick as my Blackberry. The key is to not over cook it and never fear the fat!

This is the Cream Cheese smothered boneless chops, rolled, and wrapped in bacon. This was a great suggestion. Made for one hell of a Monday night dinner.

Definitely hit the spot for my wife who is 5 months pregnant. I also think I am going to try a Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookie recipe I found as well. Sorry for not accomplishing more of the suggestions. They were great ideas and I am sure would taste great. Unfortunately I don't have the weekend to play with the ideas, and honestly lack the skill to execute a few of those.

I'll post some more pics if I get a couple more ideas done. By all means keep the ideas coming. We might end up with a Bacon cookbook by the time we are done lol.

Bacon wrapped pickerel cheeks with a squeeze of lemon.... had them at a small town hotel restaurant last winter.

One thing I haven't done in a while was dredge bacon in flour and bake on a baking sheet in the oven at around 350, draining the excess fat now and again. You end up with a crispy bacon flavoured coating and the slice of bacon will end up somewhere between crispy and limp.