• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

accident near Hays Ks

Randyb1

I'm glad I wasn't following this truck.
It doesn't look like it did much to the backhoe, but it flattened the
trailer it was on.
I701.jpg

I704.jpg

I703.jpg

Now who in the hell, they should have known better than that!!!

must have had the pedal to the metal. DAMN :cool: !

Sombody obviously can't read the height limits that are normally posted, or just forgot what he was hauling.

WTF???

That overpass wasn't there yesterday. They musta just put that there. :0

I can see the new advertising...

Hyundai: We can only be stopped by an overpass. :sign:

Reminds me of one of Bill Engvall's "Here's Your Sign" jokes. It involved an accident in which a semi tried to drive under an overpass that it was too tall for. When the trooper showed up...

Trooper: Didja get stuck?

Trucker: Nope! Just droppin' off this here overpass.

Here's your sign.

Yeah, it makes you think about these folks driving. Especially on I-70 where the overpasses are going to be as high as possible. And it appears as if he was no where close to clearing it, in which case he would have needed all kinds of special permits to be hauling that. I believe there is a maximum height for anything you are towing, period. And this guy looks like he must have exceeded it by alot!

Yeah I have seen that happen before.. pretty chitty.

But that is a shovel not a backhoe. A backhoe is much smaller and usualy has a small bucket loader on the front.

Actually,it is usually called a trackhoe.At least it is in NC :)

I was wondering that this might be a "regional" thing. :laugh: I have never heard the expression "trackhoe" but when I googled it, I got images of what we call "excavators" around here. Most contractors and operators use them now instead of what we call a "Backhoe" which looks like this:

410.jpg

My brother and I have a machine that is pretty much identical to the one in that photo. It's a 1974 John Deere model 410. Here's a picture of me building my stone wall with it:

Aug23067.jpg

Most people who used to use backhoes 20 to 30 years ago use excavators now.

Here's what we call and "excavator" around here:

cat350.jpg

There was the same type of accident in Baltimore except that falling bridge pieces killed two people too. The driver was Canadian and for some reason was let go. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the story but the pics are hard to forget.

Now you know why they put that warning on the NyQuil label.

"Honest boss I only took a sip for a that lingering cold I have"