• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

accident near Hays Ks

As an update. I am staying in Hays at this time for work. The bridge is about 1 mile west of the hotel I am staying in. It is still not repaired. They had to remove all of the portion of the bridge above the eastbound lanes out and are in the process of rebuilding it now. They left the support structure, removed the deck. Traffic is down to one lane eastbound, fortunately this is a rural area and traffic isn't all that dense.

I don't have a camera or I would post a pic or two. I may bring one next week.

As an update. I am staying in Hays at this time for work. The bridge is about 1 mile west of the hotel I am staying in. It is still not repaired. They had to remove all of the portion of the bridge above the eastbound lanes out and are in the process of rebuilding it now. They left the support structure, removed the deck. Traffic is down to one lane eastbound, fortunately this is a rural area and traffic isn't all that dense.

I don't have a camera or I would post a pic or two. I may bring one next week.

In Hays!, I hope you brought your own stash of cigars with you , I only know of one smoke shop on Vine street and there selection wasn't very good the last time I was there. If I wasn't in the middle of my busy season I would swing down and have a couple of cigars with you, Im about 90 miles out in Norton.

When I was in South Carolina for a job last year, our sitework contractor had similar problems. I don't think it was an excavator, but a large piece of equipment f'ed up a bridge. This was only a few months after they got a low boy stuck on the railroad tracks on Main Street and had to bring out a 100 ton crane to get it off. Now all the railroad crossings in the area have signs saying no low trailers. That must have been an expensive year for them!

As promised I scooted by the bridge and took a picture. They have completely demolished the deck and have the forms up now getting ready to pour the concrete.

With any luck at all I will not be going back to Hays any time soon :)

edit: The debris flying around is bug guts on the windshield hahaha!

haysbridge.jpg