• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Adventures in Orthopaedics!

That scar is so badass!
There is some Ortho knowledge to add in to all of this. But, overall, the scar is distracting as it is badass so make sure you add in something about a bear or whatever you have over there that attacked you. Pumps up the story and the nurses like it 😉

Holy shit Nick!

All of my surgeries combined dont have that much scar!

@kann @CigarStone This was the one I was referring to... 🤣

I was going to put this in the "Unhappy Thread", but then saw this and figured it was more appropriate here...

As some of you know, my daughter works at an emergency vet hospital. This is a surgery that she assisted on. The film on the right is immediately post-op, and the x-ray on the left is from the two-week follow up yesterday'ish (time zones be crazy, y'all). Sometime in the past two weeks (the owners "didn't know exactly when") this dog took an impact hard enough to bend the internal fixator. Notice that it is not the joint that is bent -- it is mid-limb. So, this poor doggo was hobbling around with what should have been a straight and immobile bone bent at a 30 degree angle... and the owners apparently didn't see anything wrong with it. This is why I don't like very many people.

0A2A1F13-5A95-4CC3-A953-CF47F0FB6011.jpeg

Last edited:
Some owners just don't deserve to be owners. :(

Wow, that makes my sole hurt! I know that animals don't have the same type of central nervous system that humans do but that had to be painful!

I was going to put this in the "Unhappy Thread", but then saw this and figured it was more appropriate here...

As some of you know, my daughter works at an emergency vet hospital. This is a surgery that she assisted on. The film on the right is immediately post-op, and the x-ray on the left is from the two-week follow up yesterday'ish (time zones be crazy, y'all). Sometime in the past two weeks (the owners "didn't know exactly when") this dog took an impact hard enough to bend the internal fixator. Notice that it is not the joint that is bent -- it is mid-limb. So, this poor doggo was hobbling around with what should have been a straight and immobile bone bent at a 30 degree angle... and the owners apparently didn't see anything wrong with it. This is why I don't like very many people.

View attachment 53428

The people at those emergency clinics are true unsung heroes. I've had to use their services a few times in my almost 45 years... and they have performed miracles.. including dealing with me at the time.

Please thank your daughter and her coworkers on my behalf for all the amazing work they do.

I don't know how they're able to do it everyday, but they do, and I'm eternally grateful.