• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aging Cubans, How Long?

Still haven't smoked one :0 :0 :0 If I smoke one then I'll only have 24 :D Instead I got a couple boxes from early '03 which are smoking very nicely by the way. That way as per the advice given earlier I can rest my '02's for a few more years until they become spectacular :)

lucasbuck said:
Still haven't smoked one :0 :0 :0 If I smoke one then I'll only have 24 :D Instead I got a couple boxes from early '03 which are smoking very nicely by the way. That way as per the advice given earlier I can rest my '02's for a few more years until they become spectacular :)
Wow what a man of extraordinary patience :)

Why thankyou for the compliment Jonathan. As you get to be an old man like me you tend to get more patient :D

:lookup: Oh brother....

Just don't die before you have a chance to smoke them!

Seriously, you're doing the right thing. These cigars are great but are soooo much better when aged. Night and day.

Yep. It's a painful process but I'm sure it will be worth it. Plus I've been lucky enough to aquire a few 5-7 y.o. Havanas of one type or another which are keeping me happy while I wait. Finding an old box of #2's for any kind of reasonable price is next to impossible from what I've seen :( I'll buy a box or two each year and in a few more years (if I'm still breathing :D ) I'll have exquisite Montes to smoke whenever my heart desires :thumbs:

FatherTiresius said:
:lookup: Oh brother....

Just don't die before you have a chance to smoke them!

Seriously, you're doing the right thing. These cigars are great but are soooo much better when aged. Night and day.
if you kick the bucket, remember
addy in your will.

:sign:

Wait a few years?? Dude I can barely make back into the HOUSE from the MAILBOX! :p

If you can wait, more power to you. Monte #2 are soooooo gooooooood :D

:thumbs: Toaster

According to Min Ron NEE, none are worth smoking till at least 3 years, some 20 -25 years. :0 I'll never live that long, plus if they taste any better than the 5-7 year old ones I couldn't stand it anyway. :p

Shadow said:
Craig, smoke one in two weeks like Joe said. If it doesn't seem right (ammonia smell, grassy flavor or no flavor at all), let them sleep for a few months. Then smoke another one and if that doesn't work let them sleep for another few months, and so on until they are good to go.

If they are from 2002 or 2003 they should be good to smoke right now. I've got some from 2001 that I'm still waiting for to hit their stride.

Welcome to CP. :thumbs:
Exactly as the Shadow says-----then let them sit for another 2-3 years!!!