• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Am I too caustic?

Allofus123 said:
Rod said:
Is telling Dave to "Shut the **** up" neccessary?

Let's move on and stop with the "BS".
Rod, I would think the response was appropriate to someone posting:
" Nice to see you two still like to play with each other... "

If someone slings it they should expect it to be slung back..... just two cents I know you didn't ask for.
AND Lee did include a :D so I took this as just good fun.

Just my 2 cents..................

I think Moki's response was the most caustic yet.....

But I wouldn't call you caustic, Lee.

AND Lee did include a so I took this as just good fun.

I, too, thought it was dripping with sarcasm rather than venom.

Rod, this thread had nothing to do with Dave, thus he got what he deserved.

Thanks for caring though.... :D

Leebo8-9-8 said:

Rod, this thread had nothing to do with Dave
You're absolutely right. You brought it up to bring more attention to yourself & SamClemmons. I made light of the fact that the only two to post in it were the two of you. The two of you always seem to back eachother up - no matter what the post is about. I was making fun of that fact.

thus he got what he deserved
Uhhh no. This was just another example of you taking every opportunity you had to try and trash me. Was there ANYTHING in my post about free stuff? No. But you thought you could get away with bringing it up and then get away with making it my fault?

LMAO!

You're an asshole - plain and simple. And no, I don't mean the cutsie kind everyone likes to call themself and laugh about it. You're a mean spirited, vindictive, egomaniacal asshole. And you just keep proving the point over and over.

Oh, and yes, I think you're too caustic.

Please note the lack of smilies in my post. There is no sarcasm here. I meant every word I said.

Leebo = asshole
Plain and simple

Dave

DaveWF said:
Leebo8-9-8 said:

Rod, this thread had nothing to do with Dave
You're absolutely right. You brought it up to bring more attention to yourself & SamClemmons. I made light of the fact that the only two to post in it were the two of you. The two of you always seem to back eachother up - no matter what the post is about. I was making fun of that fact.

thus he got what he deserved
Uhhh no. This was just another example of you taking every opportunity you had to try and trash me. Was there ANYTHING in my post about free stuff? No. But you thought you could get away with bringing it up and then get away with making it my fault?

LMAO!

You're an asshole - plain and simple. And no, I don't mean the cutsie kind everyone likes to call themself and laugh about it. You're a mean spirited, vindictive, egomaniacal asshole. And you just keep proving the point over and over.

Oh, and yes, I think you're too caustic.

Please note the lack of smilies in my post. There is no sarcasm here. I meant every word I said.

Leebo = asshole
Plain and simple

Dave
davey, you make a baiting post and then get slapped around and then start the "oh, boohoo they're picking on me again and I didn't do anything and they gang up on me and I'm so misunderstood and blah blah blah. You knew what would happen when you made that post. It happened and now you think you can turn this around as a vendetta. Bitter little boy much? You just can't get over getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar and being called out.

Nobody is looking for attention except you. Look at my post count then look at when I got here... now look at your own post count and look at when YOU got here... now... who is seeking validation and who couldn't care less. RIGHT. You. You have an axe to grind with certain members of this board and you can't set it down. You are the attention seeker and now you're getting it.

I certainly don't post to "back" anybody's play. When a person is right, they are right. When they are wrong, they're wrong and... when they are a pathetic, bitter little beeeaaatch I say so.

Nobody has to "try" and trash you when you handle the job so well, that my little friend is a self fulfilling prophecy. And now you think Lee is trying to get away with stating the simple truth? What? Did you ever NOT enter a contest? You go for every freeby you set your beady little eyes on so give it a rest. It is YOUR fault.

Now you're calling people names davey? I don't know why Rod backs your nonsense and I really don't care, I mean, he got a load of your double dealing, self promoting, left handed, self enrichment tactics and fired your sorry butt and that's enough for me.

Finally, as the timber wolf said to the rabbit... Does it look like I'm smiling mf?

NA

LOL

Dave, you're sad...take your ball and go back home.... :sign:

I saw some free ipods being advertised on Yahoo, better run along davey boy.. :D

This post is directed to everyone, including the "FOGS". Some of you say this board has too much BS. Well, it sure appears some of the fogs are the ones starting and continuing the BS here.

Neal - I'm not proctecting anyone. Just like many of you, I'm sick of the nonsense. In my opinion, Lee made the baiting post.

It seems some of the FOGS are the ones who take advantage of their time here. Some of them think they can ignore the board rules just because they've been a member for awhile. Doesn't work that way folks. Name calling, flaming, it's all nothing but BS. If you can't come to this site to have civil discussions, then leave. I'm amazed by how some of you (not pointing fingers at anyone) act so childish, yet you're supposed to be grown men. Reminds me of elementary school, that's pathetic.

Lee was being serious and sincere with his first post. Davey baited him. Period.

NA

Hmm, let's ee:

caus·tic Pronunciation Key (kôstk)
adj.

1. Capable of burning, corroding, dissolving, or eating away by chemical action. no
2. Corrosive and bitingly trenchant; cutting. See Synonyms at sarcastic.Maybe sarcastic. Is that a bad thing?
3. Causing a burning or stinging sensation, as from intense emotion: “Most of all, there is caustic shame for my own stupidity” (Scott Turow).Burning sensation? well there was that one time...oh wait. Different thing.

n.

1. A caustic material or substance.no
2. A hydroxide of a light metal.no
3. The enveloping surface formed by light rays reflecting or refracting from a curved surface, especially one with spherical aberration.no

Overall, not too shabby. I recently had some students post things about me like "He thinks he's so smart its sad" and "He thinks his $#!+ doesn't stink". But since both things are true, I don't see the point. Lee, the way I see it, I pretty much hate everybody because I'm an elitist and I know I'm better than everyone else. I only like other people who are elitist and know they are better than everyone else too. You just seem like the person who doesn't put up with peoples BS and has no problem calling it out when they see it.

My $.02

I think you have things turned around Rod....

I have been told I'm caustic and sarcastic, hell, you were one of them!! LOL

I post, davey jumps in and makes his little comment so I slam him. End of story! My post had nothing to do with him and you know it.

I can claim I was fishin if I want, heck it makes me look good! LOL

If you have a problem with that, I'm sorry. I'll try to keep it clean from now on.

And Rod, why don't we just air this right out in the open and settle it once and for all. I left this board a while back because I didn't agree with the way you wanted me and another mod to mod this board. That's why. I'm over it yet you still feel like I have something against you or this board?? I don't have any issues with you that I won't tell you about. I do have issues with some of the dipsticks that have surfaced here. I say what I think, period. I don't plan on changing that. But it's funny how you would defend davey boy after all that's happened, but I'm not holding that against you at all.

Now, you can call me sarcastic and baiting and that's fine. I know why I posted what I did. Feel free to call me if you have any problems with me. PM me for my number.

:lookup:

*whistles*

Fun and games versus vindictive. Who is who? Stay tuned to the next episode of "Life on Cigar Pass".

In the meantime, POPCORN< GET YOUR POPCORN! :sign:

Sam

P.S. Rod, no offense, but why do you get only on certain members but not others when it comes to posts being let us say a little controversial? Don't have to answer, it was more hypothetical than anything.

It is amazing what one will find when logging in to this forum :0

As far as anybody being caustic.........I've got some ph paper at home. I'll send you some. Lick it, rub it on your arm, then put it back into the envelop and mail it back. I'll let you know if you are caustic in a few days (a little hazardous waste humor) :p

I'm thinking this is bubbling up from some situation is a few of your pasts.....

But, hey...............we'll get through it....

Moki, que the music............(sax kicking in toward the end of the ballad)

Don't goooooow a changin'.........hhmmmmm hhmmmmm hhmmmm a oooo a oooo a ooooooooooo.

You guys kill me.

M. Gipson

I'm offended by the insinuation that I may be an FOG who thinks the rules don't apply to me. If I'm not mistaken, myself, cohibasurfer, Shadow and Rod are the only true ACTIVE FOGs left here (I forget when Neal signed up, but he's pretty darn close to an original). I don't see any of us taking advantage of anything. Lee made a post, which I think was uneccesary maybe, 'cuz most of us know he's caustic and sarcastic (not bad attributes on the interenet I might add) and then Dave jumps in to post more un-cigar related bullsh*t. JMHO

I know caustic and you're not close. That said, you need two promotions to make it up to ................. :sign: :sign:

SamGuss said:
:lookup:

*whistles*

Fun and games versus vindictive. Who is who? Stay tuned to the next episode of "Life on Cigar Pass".

In the meantime, POPCORN< GET YOUR POPCORN! :sign:

Sam

P.S. Rod, no offense, but why do you get only on certain members but not others when it comes to posts being let us say a little controversial? Don't have to answer, it was more hypothetical than anything.
Sam,

Please clarify. I'll be happy to answer.

Rod

So let me ask you guys something, is all this BS really neccessary? Lee, did you really have to make that post? You were clearly "baiting". I know some of you think this place has alot of BS, yes, it does, and look who's fueling it. I'm not protecting anyone. Lee, I know you like the name Lee, but how would you like it if I called you Randall? Why can't you call Dave Dave, why call him Davey? Again, just more fuel to the fire of BS. I have nothing against you Lee. However, its clear you want to keep the flaming going, and that I don't understand. I have better things to do in life than hold a grudge against some guy I met on the internet. You didn't agree with how I ran the board, fine, let's move on. Again, I hold nothing against you. DO YOU UNDERSTAND???

Sam - I try and let things go as far as possible, however I am tired of coming here and seeing useless dribble. Yeah, I own the forum, big deal. I don't believe in strict moderation; you are all grown men, I would expect you all to act like it. I don't delete threads like other forum owners do. I may occasionally lock one, but I don't delete it. And some of you have the balls to say that I censor? How ignorant. I leave the thread open for public viewing, if I wanted to censor, I would delete it. So before any of you tell me that i am too strict, a nazi, an asshole, whatever, you might want to open your eyes and look around. I try to promote a fun board, not one based around negativity. If you want the negative crap, go elsewhere, this isn't the place for you.

It's cool Rod. ;)

I made the post because YOU asked why I was saracastic and I wanted to see if that was the thinking around here and the like. Do you remember the pm the other day?

Again, it had nothing to do with DAVE!!!

Dave saw that as an opportunity to play his games. If he does, he will get what he got. I mean, come on.....you make a post like he did and you think I'm not going to respond??Get real!

Okay, so I am sarcastic. Thanks for the feedback. :D

Matt R said:
I'm offended by the insinuation that I may be an FOG who thinks the rules don't apply to me. If I'm not mistaken, myself, cohibasurfer, Shadow and Rod are the only true ACTIVE FOGs left here (I forget when Neal signed up, but he's pretty darn close to an original). I don't see any of us taking advantage of anything. Lee made a post, which I think was uneccesary maybe, 'cuz most of us know he's caustic and sarcastic (not bad attributes on the interenet I might add) and then Dave jumps in to post more un-cigar related bullsh*t. JMHO
You forgot Gibu, Floyd, Horse & Kenny, & The Honorable. I'd say Neal counts in this group too :p (member number under 300).

Wade, Beasty, PB, Leebo and FOG's too but "newer" FOG's (member number under 400).

I kinda agree with Matt, I can't remember any cases where any of the guys I mentioned took advantage of anything. Unless I missed something.....

First 100 members, active or somewhat active in bold. These are the real FOGs. The rest of you can all just
king-vi.gif

Rod CP Admin 4-January 01
CP Members 4-January 01
GilV Members 5-January 01
HabanosRUS Members 5-January 01
brianrosen Members 5-January 01
Michael Members 5-January 01
DarrenR Members 5-January 01
BigMo Members 5-January 01
avh Members 5-January 01
Thomkm Members 5-January 01
BurntFingers Members 5-January 01