• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

An Open Lettter to CP an Coventrycat86

Wow, thanks everyone for the input :thumbs: (since the thread originator's AWOL :laugh: ).

What can be a real pain in the a$$ is when your credit report is outright WRONG. In my case, my report had many of my FATHER'S account numbers listed on my report. Our middle initials were DIFFERENT for cryin' out loud :0 I went round and round for almost 20 years with ALL three of the credit bureaus and to this day, my reports STILL list my father's accounts.

He's been dead for five years.

Heck, I'd bet most people don't even know that their credit histories are screwed up and once they find out they are I'd also bet they'll never be right again.

This is why I'd hope that before an employer or prospective employer holds anything against an individual based on information found in a bogus credit report that they would at least offer the person an opportunity to give their side of the story.

Will probably heard that word when he was going to law school and has been waiting years to be able to use that in a sentence. whistling.gif
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SamClemmons said:
I still like sausage, and cheese, I like cheese.

NA
[snapback]152868[/snapback]​
The wife just made me sausage and egg sandwichs before I go to work, want me to snail-mail you one ?

I like swiss, provolone or sharp cheddar.

Beefcube said:
SamClemmons said:
I still like sausage, and cheese, I like cheese.

NA
[snapback]152868[/snapback]​
The wife just made me sausage and egg sandwichs before I go to work, want me to snail-mail you one ?

I like swiss, provolone or sharp cheddar.
[snapback]152878[/snapback]​
Eggs! I like eggs! and sausage and cheese! My wifey can't get passed the Jimmy Dean links... which aren't bad but... I think she's fixated... which ain't bad either... but, she's all the time buying the damn cheap bacon... I'm like, "Look, you don't eat bacon or much of anything else for that matter so... buy the Oscar Meyer or Hormel Black Label THAT'S bacon!" "It's too expensive..." "I'm paying for it damnit get me what I want!" "It's too expensive" ARGHHH!
"Honey, I'm going out to get the wine now... THunderbird or Boones Farm will be okay, right?" WHAT???? "Well geez, I don't drink wine and that other stuff is too expensive..."

NA

Maybe she just likes small sausages.. That would explain a few things. :0 :whistling:

So Jason, you think I'm gonna get into a conversation about my equipment now? As much as I'm sure you enjoy talking about that sort of thing... uh no.

NA

coventrycat86 said:
Did she throw it at you again :laugh:
[snapback]152882[/snapback]​
No, I didn't wear any today.
I can eat eggs a lil, But eggsalad still give me the shizz, she just don't understand...

People are just left with no sense of humor here aren't they?

Sam,
Good Job! Your future is looking good. I for one am basically debt free except for a van that will be paid off at tax time and I also have decent credit so I guess I have the best of both worlds.

We should all strive to be debt free and to the point that we pay cash for everything. It can be done and then we will be truly free.

CC,
Credit reporting laws have changed and we will soon be able to review our credit report once a year for free :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

As for errors on reports. I noted that by the age of 18, I had paid off a mini van which helped my credit termendously :D . I guess errors can work for you as well as against you :thumbs:

I recommend we all listen to Dave Ramsbey (talk radio) and eventually we can all be debt free and herf with the cigars that only Moki can afford :D

We should all strive to be debt free and to the point that we pay cash for everything. It can be done and then we will be truly free.

I dunno, I've found I can make more off my money than I lose in interest on loans. Ergo, if I had the cash on hand to pay for a house, I'd invest that money and take out a loan for a house. You'd be surprised how many millionaires have loans out on their property and cars.

Wildcard said:

I dunno, I've found I can make more off my money than I lose in interest on loans. Ergo, if I had the cash on hand to pay for a house, I'd invest that money and take out a loan for a house. You'd be surprised how many millionaires have loans out on their property and cars.
[snapback]152942[/snapback]​

The ole adage of "it takes money to make money". I do know I have a williness to invest past my 401k, it's just a matter of how and when LOL.

Sam

Hell, this thread was interesting until the last few pages. :rolleyes:

I've been impressed with CC's bitch slapping ability.... didn't know you had it in you Bill. ;)

I've found I can make more off my money than I lose in interest on loans.
An excellent point indeed, if you can do that then obviously that's the way to go. :thumbs:

Wildcard, how much do charge as a financial consultant? :D

I’m not sure why this has devolved into a blow-by-blow on credit, but I’m a bit disturbed by the original content of the thread. It appears to me as though SlowHand made an honest attempt at an apology.

To slowhand: Buddy, that’s good enough for me.

To CC: I’ll take the advice of SamClemmons and say, "I'm not sure I agree with you mr. catperson".

To all:

In the few weeks I’ve been here, this is the second person (both newbies) that I’ve seen CC spurn. The other is KayakinBoy. Since their newbie sampler trade went tits up, it seems to me that CC has taken several verbal jabs at KB in various threads and on various topics. KB, to his credit has not taken the bait and responded.

As a newb, myself, some of you may even question why I’m jumping into the fray here when discretion and a low profile may be more prudent. It’s a good question… and my only defense it to say that I’ve never catered to bullies (verbal or physical) and I don’t intend to start now. I have nothing against you CC, but in my opinion (CC Quote: “because people have a difference of opinion it does not mean one is "right" and the other is "wrong,"), you’ve been acting like a bully.

By the way, CC, on this post...

coventrycat86 said:
No more headaches from whinners like slowpoke.
[snapback]152669[/snapback]​

... I think you meant "whiners."

Steve, I think you're getting offtopic. :D

stevehawk said:
By the way, CC, on this post...

coventrycat86 said:
  No more headaches from whinners like slowpoke.
[snapback]152669[/snapback]​

... I think you meant "whiners."
[snapback]152974[/snapback]​

Wow CC a newbie called you out for spelling!! TFF Steve!!

slowhand said:
About a month ago, I commented in a thread that, if coventrycat86
wasn't joking, his advice was the worst 'dribble' (of course I meant drivel
and was promptly corrected - but this isn't the point of this post) I had
ever seen. Of course, this aggravated him and he bit back. I then stepped
way out of line and told him he stunk which went over very well ;) I
realized I had probably overstepped my boundaries and promptly shut up.

I thought it had blown over until I saw another thread where he was
referring to me as 'slowpoke'. I felt that I wanted to clean it up and
emailed him privately to apologize. I wont copy those emails here.
I'll leave it to CC if he wants to show them. But basically,
I told him I was sorry and that I would like to start over. He told
me that it wasn't good enough and that I should apologize publicly.
I replied 'no thanks' and that he should be man enough to accept my apology. That was a couple of days ago.

When I first found CP, I liked the energy so I registered. I did a newbie
sampler trade with Moki, which went very well. I then was lucky enough to
join a group buy with sleepyjim. Also, still going well. I then began a
quest to give away smokes. Not trying to get anything in return, but just
for fun. Those folks can speak up if they want. I have given inexpensive
to premium fivers just because if felt good. I truly enjoy the spirit of
this place.

Coventrycat86, I apologize. I was out of line and frankly, acted like an ass. I hope you can accept this apology and we can start anew.

jason
[snapback]152443[/snapback]​
This was the original post by Slow. It should have been just this sentence:

Coventrycat86, I apologize. I was out of line and frankly, acted like an ass. I hope you can accept this apology and we can start anew.

Instead Slow decided to drag it all out in the open in order to qualify his actions and illustrate his position which was unnecessary. Either apologize or explain but don't do both at the same time. It gives question to your sincerity.

ANyways, Moki and PB and Mr. Hawk, I think your congratulatory stance with this guy is misguided.

NA

you’ve been acting like a bully.

Steve get a grip, my posts regarding slowhand and KayakinBoy are a far cry from "bullying" you're really not serious are you :rolleyes: This was hardly an honest attempt at an apology. Slowhand was looking to start trouble with me pure and simple a month ago and is now trying to sucker people like you with "his side" of the story which if you read the actual email exchanges between us ain't quite how he laid it out if ya know what I mean ;) Ponder Neal's post for a while then get back to us okeedokee?

Wow CC a newbie called you out for spelling!! TFF Steve!!
Hey call me out on it ANNNNNNNYtime :laugh:

it seems to me that CC has taken several verbal jabs at KB in various threads and on various topics

Can you provide us examples please? The only one I can think of was when I tried my hand at comedy with an explanation of "branded cigars" was THAT "bullying"? The only thing I'm probably guilty on that account is having a bad sense of humor.