• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anejados

tone-ny

I smoke therefore I am!
Have had the Partagas Anejados and have enjoyed them immensely. Anyone have any opinions on the RyJ Piramide, Hoyo de Monterrey Heremosos or the Montecristo Churchill?

Last edited:
Haven't had the pleasure yet, but I'm interested and I will be watching the replies to your question.

^^^ What he said !^^^

I’ve had the Partagas as well and have enjoyed them immensely! @Napa_Smokes indicated that was the only good one out of the bunch, so I have stayed away for now, but am still curious. I think he told me that before the Hoyo version was released though.

Monte, Parti in that order.

The other two have been hit of miss with me.

Let me know when you are getting us some Monte boxes! ;)

That was my issue initially, the others were not as good as the Partagas.

I have and love the Partagas. Haven't tried any of the others, but from what I've heard and read, the Partagas is the best of all of them.

I’ve had them all and the Montecristo is hands down the best one.

Paul

I have had the Monty and the Partagas, I believe the production cigars that I have aged are much better (same cigar, same year) These anejados taste too fresh for me... jmho

I have had the Monty and the Partagas, I believe the production cigars that I have aged are much better (same cigar, same year) These anejados taste too fresh for me... jmho

Same year as the already aged sticks - or same year as the release date of those sticks?

Same year as the already aged stick... for example, a Partagas purchased back in 2008, and aged properly taste better than the anejados, and at half the price... Yes, I get that you can buy 10 year old Cubans today, which is great, and probably about the same price as sourcing 10 year old Cubans today... but if they boxed and banded them 10 years ago, that would be much better than aging them 10 years, then banding them and putting them in brand new boxes... that just takes away from the aging process. When I open a 10 year old box of cigars and smell them, that is heaven on earth... the anejados are just not the same imo...

Then the newer smokes taste better @CigSid

Anejados are already aged 5 or more years.

The cigar is not a different blend.
Am I missing something?
I have to go home and look, but I thought for example a box of Anejados I bought last year had a 2008 box code. That Bill was basically saying if he buys a box of Anejados with a 2009 date, and compares it to a box of regular production he himself bought in 2009 and carefully aged..... That the one he aged was better.

Any of you guys that are 'holding' that are willing to part with a couple, let me know. I'm sure something can be worked out......:cool:

Am I missing something?
I have to go home and look, but I thought for example a box of Anejados I bought last year had a 2008 box code. That Bill was basically saying if he buys a box of Anejados with a 2009 date, and compares it to a box of regular production he himself bought in 2009 and carefully aged..... That the one he aged was better.

That is exactly what I am saying...

So, it's their aging process vs yours that makes the difference.

The sticks are the same.

Habanos Añejados are commercialized in their original boxes, which remained unlabeled during the entire ageing process and that have been dressed with the corresponding labelling of each brand to be introduced to the market.

These Habanos are presented in labelled boxes, with double ring, external stick with the legend “Añejados” and with a vitolina describing the concept. On the bottom of the box the date when the Habanos were made can be verified. “Revisado” (Checked) is also stamped on the bottom of the box, since 100% of the boxes have been opened and all the cigars have been checked one by one.

I just read that they use the original boxes and then put the bands on at release... but my boxes looked brand new, with no oil stains... and... my 10 year old boxes look 10 years old, with some oil stripes on the paper covering the cigars... Maybe I had some bad boxes, which happens... they were first releases...