• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Humidor Project

Mike33

Reaction score
I have decided that I need to consolidate my 3 humidors into a large furniture-style one. After looking at many options including aristocrat and avallo humidors and after talking with Marc, I decided he needed to build me one :laugh:. Marc went out yesterday and found this little gem at the same place he bought his. Although this one needed a lot more work than his did (a whole new back and partial bottom, one door is warped), it was a steal at $30.

I am planning on adding two singles drawers and a single Spanish cedar shelf above the drawers. I will use beads for the humidification and several oust fans on each level. I had thought about using a comp. fan for air circulation, but we decided against that. So far, my budget is around $200 for supplies, but may end up being more. This does not include labor for which Marc will be getting some sort of compensation (probably cigars :laugh:).

P2270100.jpg

P2270101.jpg

Marc and i will update this thread as we go, hopefully it will turn out as good as his did :thumbs:.

Marc's Humidor

Where are you bastards finding those!!?!?! That's just jealousy talking. That is going to be awesome. I've sent feelers out all over, and can't find the right piece.

That will be stellar when it is done.

Quade

That is going to be so nice. Cant wait to see the finished product. :thumbs:

Looks nice and big!
Waiting for progress photos! :)

It will be great to see pictures as the project develops!! Good luck!! :thumbs:

I can't for the life of me find anything like this in town. Guess I'll be looking again this weekend.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Looks like a great project. If you use some slide locks on the warped door you can bend it back to a good fit.

Looks like a great project. If you use some slide locks on the warped door you can bend it back to a good fit.

Everytime I see that chicky in your sig Ray, I can't help but wonder if that broad knows she's holding the stick the wrong way. :sign:

Only certain things are best held or grasped that way by chicks....cigars ain't on my list. :D

Good luck on the project. Marc's turned out great, and I'm sure yours will too. If you go a little over budget, the satisfaction of knowing you built it yourself will make it more than worthwhile. :thumbs:

Nice find and good luck with the project!

Nice...since you spent a bit less on your piece than Mark, you can use the extra cashola to buy some nice smokes to fill'er up.

Good luck with the project.

You look hungover...

But that's a pretty cool future humidor.

:sign:

Actually, that is me showing my dis-pleasure with being called-in to work at 5 this morning right before that picture was taken. Damn retail......

Thanks for the idea! The door is the only thing that really concerns me, I'm hoping we can make it work :thumbs:.