• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Another Humidor Project

That is a great looking cabinet!

Are you going to refinished the exterior?

Rob

Didn't I say that in post # 13?

Fixed the door by adding a latch. Too much time spent figuring out such a simple fix.

I think you said something about slide locks to help bend it into shape. The latch I used turned out to be the only practical solution because the door was warped at the bottom and the only slide locks I could find were child safety cabinet locks that were supposed to go around noobs on the door. The door knocker type of noobs on the cabinet wouldn't hold it and it wouldn't help the warp at the bottom of the door.

We are now seasoning the humidor and hopefully after several days I can add beads and move the cigars in. I'll add more pics when everything is moved in and I'll put the materials list up as well. Damn thing is almost too big, good problem to have though :cool:.

Pic for scale. Inside, 33 high x 24 wide x 24 deep.

Where's the shame folks? I need my bonus. :whistling:

opus404.jpg

This is what I was talking about. One one the top and bottom to force the door to the frame.

517554.jpg

Didn't I say that in post # 13?

Fixed the door by adding a latch. Too much time spent figuring out such a simple fix.

I think you said something about slide locks to help bend it into shape. The latch I used turned out to be the only practical solution because the door was warped at the bottom and the only slide locks I could find were child safety cabinet locks that were supposed to go around noobs on the door. The door knocker type of noobs on the cabinet wouldn't hold it and it wouldn't help the warp at the bottom of the door.

Finally got the humidor seasoned and it is holding the humidity perfect. Top is at 64% and bottom at 63%. Pull-out drawers are at 61%. I put about 1.25 lbs. of beads on both the top and bottom sections along with a small amount in the bottom singles drawer. Also added an oust fan to both the top and bottom sections to help with the air flow. Overall, by the time I add in the beads and fans, the total cost is approx. $315. Not too bad at all imo.

As you can see from the pics, there is still A LOT of room in it. I don't think I will need an upgrade for several years (I hope). Enjoy:

P3130140.jpg

P3130141.jpg

P3130142.jpg

P3130144.jpg

P3130146.jpg

And Marc is getting a Partagas Piramide from '00 for his troubles :thumbs:.

That came out very nicely. Congrats to you on the new humi and Marc for his handy work.

PS: Now get to buying some cigars to fill that puppy, it will help to stabilize the humi :thumbs:

Very well done! Looks like you have all of that ISOM in there.

Oh Man! Thats a lot of smokes! :0

Look fantastic! :thumbs:

Them Opus look a little on the dry side...send them to me for proper disposal.

Nice job supervising Marc on the project... :laugh:

Very very cool and lots of stuff I'd love to get in my humi some day.